Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amos gone,mosely gone,flowers gone,collins,etc

needanoline63

What else did anyone expect...Seriously this should not be a surprise to anyone. This is is strategy.

He has all but pretty much said in every interview that he has done since the season that he is not going to over spend for guys and he will save the money to pay their own players that they draft into the building.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

All this money, and all we can show for it is Devin Funchess. We’re knocking on the door but Ballard still being shy

How do you know we weren't in the bidding for any or all of these other guys?  We weren't in the front office with Ballard yesterday.

Teams have historically overpaid for free agents and underachieved...then, they're locked into impossibly bad contracts or shelled out tons of bonuses they can never recover.

It's a process and Ballard wants the right players for this team and to be able to have the $$ to keep them, if he wants.

6 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

What else did anyone expect...Seriously this should not be a surprise to anyone. This is is strategy.

He has all but pretty much said in every interview that he has done since the season that he is not going to over spend for guys and he will save the money to pay their own players that they draft into the building.

I know right? How much more blunt and obvious does Ballard need to be?

He is not going to overspend and dilute the locker room with overpaid divas.

• Like 1

I am more concerned about our own players, Desir, Inman, and all the others that may well walk away.  Funchess doesn't offset  Inman....  and Inman has far better hands.  Inman is much cheaper too....  Funchess at 13mm is same as T Y?

34 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

All this money, and all we can show for it is Devin Funchess. We’re knocking on the door but Ballard still being shy

There he is!! we’ve all missed your beam of positivity and the fact that you know more than Ballard! On serious note please go away...

• Like 2

Free agency is a scam anyway, I for one love Ballards approach, keep players who want to win, sign other players to prove it deals and who also want to win, look at the patriots, do they utilize overpriced free agents? Build through the draft with players that are hungry for success and fit in your system, Ballard is a genious and I for one, love what is taking place in the colts franchise. 

• Like 1

Yeah, our FAs have worked out well during the Ballard years - Sheard, Hunt, Autry, Ebron  - so, I’m not going to worry about his approach.  OL FAs didn’t pan out last year, but they were low risk, and the position eventually worked itself out really well...