Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TDN’s Most Overrated Draft Prospects for 2019

One guy I would like to see with his hand in the dirt at the combine is Oshane Ximines of Old Dominion. If he does well, he is definitely on my radar for Round 2.

We also have to understand that picking at the end of round 1 is as good as a 2nd rounder. So, the first rounder tag is used loosely at that point. Marlin Jackson was a 2nd round projection and we got him at the end of round 1, in the late 20s, I think, if I am not mistaken. I am sure we can recall countless examples with other teams too like the Cowboys getting center Travis Frederick at the end of round 1 when he was rated a late 2nd to 3rd rounder.

Heck, Darius Leonard was projected to go much lower and we got him earlier. So, saying someone shouldn't take a player in round 1 but can in round 2, is something to be re-evaluated at the end of round 1, IMO.

Lists will change after the combine, I can bet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

One guy I would like to see with his hand in the dirt at the combine is Oshane Ximines of Old Dominion. If he does well, he is definitely on my radar for Round 2.

We also have to understand that picking at the end of round 1 is as good as a 2nd rounder. So, the first rounder tag is used loosely at that point. Marlin Jackson was a 2nd round projection and we got him at the end of round 1, in the late 20s, I think, if I am not mistaken. I am sure we can recall countless examples with other teams too like the Cowboys getting center Travis Frederick at the end of round 1 when he was rated a late 2nd to 3rd rounder.

Heck, Darius Leonard was projected to go much lower and we got him earlier. So, saying someone shouldn't take a player in round 1 but can in round 2, is something to be re-evaluated at the end of round 1, IMO.

Lists will change after the combine, I can bet.

Ximines would be be near the top of my overrated list.

There is a small handful of DEs where I just don’t get the love.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Me too.  Hopefully round 3.

In part because I'm thinking edge is becoming a rotational position, and 3 tech is your every down guy pass rusher.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, Defjamz26 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/5-overrated-prospects-for-the-2019-nfl-draft/

I agree with the entire list. Jaylon Ferguson is a 3rd-4th rounder to me and Harry has bust potential.

i think harry will be a good wr. based on cb comments i don't think he will be someone the colts pick with 26, 34 or 59. harry has some juju in him for his size he has some great movement with the ball in hand. this wr group is deeper than most think. i don't think colts nab a wr until pick 90 or 123.

1 hour ago, waka waka said:

i think harry will be a good wr. based on cb comments i don't think he will be someone the colts pick with 26, 34 or 59. harry has some juju in him for his size he has some great movement with the ball in hand. this wr group is deeper than most think. i don't think colts nab a wr until pick 90 or 123.

Harry reminds me of Laquon Treadwell. Can’t separate from DBs. He can be successful but he will need to be schemed open. The Patriots would actually be a good fit for him.

13 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

Jaylon Ferguson disinvited to the combine for battery... he'll continue to fall...

His agent disagrees with it from what I read. Saying the incident was 4 years ago, but so was the incident with Simmons who was also banned. Ferguson is sitting at a 4th round grade as it stands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/14/jaylon-fergusons-agent-takes-issue-with-nfl-combine-ban/amp/

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

His agent disagrees with it from what I read. Saying the incident was 4 years ago, but so was the incident with Simmons who was also banned. Ferguson is sitting at a 4th round grade as it stands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/14/jaylon-fergusons-agent-takes-issue-with-nfl-combine-ban/amp/

What does Ferguson look like on tape to you?  I haven't watched yet but seems like he has some good numbers and size.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

What does Ferguson look like on tape to you?  I haven't watched yet but seems like he has some good numbers and size.

He’s technically sound, but he has zero ability to bend around the corner and flatten to the QB. limited athleticism as well. He’s not going to be able to consistently win on the edge at the next level.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Lawrence is a two down player. That’s the big knock on him. No versatility. He’s a big space eating NT.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to call Lawrence a "two down player with no versatility". He wasn't asked to play a lot of passing downs the last two season because Clemson's D-line was so deep with better pass rushing options. Now I'm not calling him the next Warren Sapp but I think he is a better pass rusher than given credit for.