Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Using Fanspeak, of course, difficult setting...feel like I addressed the team's only need (according to the board). Here's how it played out:

Rd1 P26) DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

Rd2 P2) Marquise Brown WR Okla

Rd2 P26) Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Rd3 P25) Damarkus Lodge WR Ole Miss

Rd4 P26) Andy Isabella WR UMass

Rd4 P33) Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

Rd5 P26) Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo

Feel like it's good in terms of hitting the teams only need area, because at all of our picks the only real value we're gonna be able to squander is at WR. I know Ballard keeps talking about pass rush and the trenches, but most of these wideouts are so talented they can likely play defense too. Love how realistic it turned out! 

Andrew Luck projected totals for next season: 7,347 yards 89 TD's 9 INT's 86% Completion Percentage (edged out for the league and team MVP by a WR)

Just now, Matthew Gilbert said:

My guy! I really hope he slides and the Colts have a chance to scoop him.

Lodge is, in all seriousness, one of the WRs that I'd be happy with them taking around the 5-6 range. Feel like he didn't really get a chance to shine being a part of a WR corp that included AJ Brown and DK Metcalf. 

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I see what you’re trying to say. I think you’ve misinterpreted what a lot of the board has been trying to say.

Not really. I get that people have different opinions than mine, and that's fine. No two people are going to have the same breakdown for what's going to happen this offseason. This post is just fun, and a bit of satire, nothing more. Most people on the board can't fathom that they are most likely gonna be wrong, in terms of the eventual happenings. I don't get it.

9 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Not really. I get that people have different opinions than mine, and that's fine. No two people are going to have the same breakdown for what's going to happen this offseason. This post is just fun, and a bit of satire, nothing more. Most people on the board can't fathom that they are most likely gonna be wrong, in terms of the eventual happenings. I don't get it.

That group includes you. And that’s bad phrasing. It would be better to say MAY be wrong. Saying most likely wrong implies you have advanced knowledge of what’s going to happen and that’s not true.

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

That group includes you. And that’s bad phrasing. It would be better to say MAY be wrong. Saying most likely wrong implies you have advanced knowledge of what’s going to happen and that’s not true.

That's just it man, I know that I don't know what's going to happen, and I don't pretend -like most here- that I know better than guys that do this (very well, I might add) for a living. I do this because I enjoy the prognostication, and I love Colts football. 

You kind of proved my point tho, by taking offense in your response. You honestly think that anyone on this post is going to completely guess how FA and the draft will shake out? Completely? It's not gonna happen. 

On 2/7/2019 at 3:50 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Using Fanspeak, of course, difficult setting...feel like I addressed the team's only need (according to the board). Here's how it played out:

Rd1 P26) DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

Rd2 P2) Marquise Brown WR Okla

Rd2 P26) Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Rd3 P25) Damarkus Lodge WR Ole Miss

Rd4 P26) Andy Isabella WR UMass

Rd4 P33) Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

Rd5 P26) Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo

Feel like it's good in terms of hitting the teams only need area, because at all of our picks the only real value we're gonna be able to squander is at WR. I know Ballard keeps talking about pass rush and the trenches, but most of these wideouts are so talented they can likely play defense too. Love how realistic it turned out! 

Andrew Luck projected totals for next season: 7,347 yards 89 TD's 9 INT's 86% Completion Percentage (edged out for the league and team MVP by a WR)

BRAVO!     Well done,  well played,  sir!!

BUT......

As you know Ballard and I talk everyday....   and I can share that on good authority,  what the Colts will do when they draft Isabella is immediately have him put on 75-100 pounds to become the dominate pass rushing defensive end that Ballard says is the key to his defense.     So, it's not just all about the wide receiver spot.

Oh,  I see you didn't use the 6th and 7th round picks.    How about a developmental offensive and definisive lineman?     Unless, of course, you think that we need more receivers!   Then,  by all means,  go for it!!     :thmup:

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

BRAVO!     Well done,  well played,  sir!!

BUT......

As you know Ballard and I talk everyday....   and I can share that on good authority,  what the Colts will do when they draft Isabella is immediately have him put on 75-100 pounds to become the dominate pass rushing defensive end that Ballard says is the key to his defense.     So, it's not just all about the wide receiver spot.

Oh,  I see you didn't use the 6th and 7th round picks.    How about a developmental offensive and definisive lineman?     Unless, of course, you think that we need more receivers!   Then,  by all means,  go for it!!     :thmup:

Nah...I traded our 6th/7th and our next 4 years 1st and 2nd rounders for Lev and AB. It was a Steelers special. I'm good at this.