Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago Bears won't rule out signing Kareem Hunt

The Chicago Bears have not ruled out the possibility of signing Kareem Hunt. Matt Nagy has a connection with Hunt from his time in Kansas City. I know we are a long way from any signing but I found this interesting. I think maybe Nagy threw this out just to see if there would be any backlash from fans. It will be interesting to see if Hunt gets a second chance.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25762047/chicago-bears-rule-pursuing-rb-kareem-hunt

On 1/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, tweezy32 said:

If so, that means they give away Howard.. I'd go after Howard 

No to Howard. It is like telegraphing what is coming, only a run play or play action. If we want to sign him as a goal line back, I am for it, to have him in the role we had Turbin.

1) I like to think that my team stands for something so I would hope that the Colts would stay far away from Hunt.  I also think that having daughters so high up in the management of the team makes it hard to see him here.

2) I think the good-will that the Colts developed this year would have to be re-built with a segment of the fan base should they look into and ultimately sign Hunt.

3) On the field, I simply do not think he is needed.  They have a young, talented and cheap trio already on the roster.

Why does it matter that any team hasn't gone out of their way to say 'we're not going to sign Player X'? 

I'm not into to this demand for definitive statements. It's annoying to me.

If I were a GM, even if I had ruled out signing a player, I don't think I'd say it publicly.

I'm all for people getting second chances, and being able to redeem themselves. If we're going to permanently condemn people for one wrong decision (like none of us have ever made substantial mistakes), then what does that say about us? I know the nature of the situation was very serious, and shouldn't be taken lightly, and I most certainly don't condone that behavior, but I truly think he should get another shot. If he screws up again, then it's like George Bush once said "There's an ol' sayin' in Tennessee......err no...it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee! Fool me once -shame on- shame on you...fool me...ya just caint get fooled again!"