Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Explain this.

Narcosys

Narcosys,

"Narcolepsy"- definition,  A condition  characterized , by an extreme tenancy to fall asleep whenever in relaxing surroundings.  In case you have a short term memory, one of the  most profound statements, you made in this forum before the season started was, a statement made by you that I will never forget.  You  said that, I quote,  " The only opinion  that I respect in this forum is what Superman has to say otherwise everyone else's opinion does not mean anything. My suggestion to you is, Please console your post with Superman. If you want sympathy from us non informed posters in this forum. Remember, our opinions are  non sequential.

11 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Narcosys,

"Narcolepsy"- definition,  A condition  characterized , by an extreme tenancy to fall asleep whenever in relaxing surroundings.  In case you have a short term memory, one of the  most profound statements, you made in this forum before the season started was, a statement made by you that I will never forget.  You  said that, I quote,  " The only opinion  that I respect in this forum is what Superman has to say otherwise everyone else's opinion does not mean anything. My suggestion to you is, Please console your post with Superman. If you want sympathy from us non informed posters in this forum. Remember, our opinions are  non sequential.

inconsequential...... non sequential just means we don't post in a set order.... lmbo

7 hours ago, threeflight said:

No doubt the refs favored the Chiefs this game.  Was pretty one sided.

Would it had made a difference if it had been more equal?

I don't think so.  I think the Chiefs could have won  by as much and as easily as they wanted to.

Guess we'll never know.

We also jumped off sides and extended a drive or two for them.... maybe more..

The refs had nothing to do with that.

Yes.... I wasn’t thrilled with some of their non-calls on the K.C. secondary either.... but we shot ourselves in the foot with those offsides calls against an offense that you CANNOT give extra opportunities to.

4 main factors the colts lost last night.

1. The wet surface on the field, was a big advantage to the Chiefs as Hill could use his speed against the Colts D, when changing direction. The wet field, made it difficult to change directions and get a good grip for the colts d, when Hill changed direction. Too often they slipped on the ground and didn't get a grab on Hill, who capitalized for the D's lack of tackles. The same goes for tackles on Kelce and other chiefs, and the colts D looked like Bambi on thin ice most of the game. 

2. Our Offence didn't show up before late in the game, and didn't got anything going before garbage time.

Maybe Hilton wasn't 100%, but thats no excuse. Ebron, Mack and the O-line didn't play up to the level they used to, and Luck struggled on almost every play. Nothing clicked on the offensive side of the ball last night, and though we have skilled players, we still need offensive talent and some big time playmakers, when facing a team like the Chiefs, whos loaded on their offence.

3. Bad play calling from our coaching staff. Instead of trying to establish the run game, they forced luck to throw way too much in the start of the game. Yes mack struggled, but then change to another RB,  or try no huddle instead of doing the same over and over again in the 2 first quarters.

4. Missed opportunities. Vinatieri, fumbles, missed tackles and on and on... penalties like never seen before and oh my... we looked like rookies last night.

Adam becoming Cody Parker and that horrible look at me idotic dance by Autrey. Also, how flat and unprepared team was. Looked like Chuck squad. Sometimes, a team gets caught up in their own hype. Game was an embarrassment all around. Oh, fan since 72.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Officiating had nothing to do with this loss.  The O could do nothing and that is on coaching and the players.  The Chiefs scored 17 points on their first 3 drives.....game over.

Ebron dropped the ball on 3rd and 2 in the Colts first possession...game over.  :^)

There was a lot that went into the loss.

First drive as has been mentioned. Ebron drops an easy pass that would of kept drive going.

Second drive we passed 3 times, but Jones tipped pass on that drive he had 2 hands on Nelsons face mask at one point, then still had 1 hand on it as he tipped pass. Should of been 15yd penalty.

Third drive we gad 3rd and 1 after 2 runs and decide to pass and lose 4yds.

All 3 of those drives should of kept going. Put us behind the 8 ball early.

Moving forward.

The ref on Chiefs last drive before halftime rolled the clock when player was forced out of bounce making us use our last time out. Same ref on our drive to end the firat half, rolled the clock when we went out of bounce. So should of had a time out and more time to complete drive to end the half. 

Missed FG killed us, no excuse for that, but should of scored TD with having more time from my statement above.

Holding call on Smith was atrocious, non PI downfield was bad. Huge block in back no call on KC on 1 of their big plays.

Fountain, dropping meaningless TD was horrible to.