Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darron Lee suspended 4 games for Jets/Colts draft pick benefits from them

Yoshinator

Normally someone like Darron Lee getting suspended isn't a big deal on here, but for draft purposes (since we have the Jets 2nd round pick), I'd thought I'd share it. This should help us get a top 5 pick in the 2nd round from the Jets when the year is over. Currently they have the no3 pick (which means we have the third pick in the 2nd round from them), and Lee being out will only help us keep the pick around that range. Here's the link for anyone that wants to confirm it.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/12/7/18131241/darron-lee-suspended-four-games-for-violation-of-leagues-substance-abuse-policy

Hopefully they will lose out and we get the first pick in the 2nd round now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

The talk on the sports shows is the next draft class for running backs is basically empty.

That news coupled with our teams success this year is going to make the signing of Bell more than likely as we head into the off season and FA.  I think Ballard will find it hard to pass on adding his talent and playmaking ability to our offense.  

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That news coupled with our teams success this year is going to make the signing of Bell more than likely as we head into the off season and FA.  I think Ballard will find it hard to pass on adding his talent and playmaking ability to our offense.  

Not to be argumentative but IMO Ballard will not be signing Bell.

You seemed to be obsessed with Bell so don't get your hopes up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I fear were gonna need to get you physiological help when Ballard doesn't give Bell a 60 million dollar contract 

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

The talk on the sports shows is the next draft class for running backs is basically empty.

There’s no likely first round pick, but the sports shows wouldn’t know much anyway.

Odds are there will still be some players who go on Day 2 and 3 worthy of consideration.