Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where does Brock Osweiler's signing rank...

DalTXColtsFan

1 hour ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

...among the worst free-agent signings in NFL history?

Is it even worse than the Redskins overpaying for Albert Haynesworth?

It's bad, but I remember a few more (and missing many more I believe) -

David Boston, Adam Archuleta, Ahman Green, and Nnamdi Asomugha to name just a few.

Elway dodged a second bullet there. Elway's evaluation of QBs has been downright putrid from Brock Osweiler as a 2nd round pick to Paxton Lynch as a 1st round pick. I am not sure how Elway can sell a high round QB pick to his fans any more. He chose the safe route of free agency to fill the QB position but there is no Peyton falling into his lap, just Case Keenum would have to do for now. :) 

Osweiler signing ranks up there with the Jamarcus Russell signing as well. Given QB salaries nowadays, even a guy like Sam Bradford has nine lives, I guess. 4 teams and running now for Bradford, Fitzpatrick is on his 7th team, so he has 2 more lives. :) 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember some people in here trying to say he would've won the SB in 2015 had he stayed in and Played. That is pure horse dung as my friend CrazyColt likes to say. Broncos would've never got by the Pats without Peyton. 

Denver doesn't beat NE if Peyton doesn't drive down the field for a TD on the first drive of the game. And the Pats went for it on fourth deep in Denver territory TWICE that game because Belicheck was afraid of giving the ball back to Peyton (where have we heard that before? haha)

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Denver doesn't beat NE if Peyton doesn't drive down the field for a TD on the first drive of the game. And the Pats went for it on fourth deep in Denver territory TWICE that game because Belicheck was afraid of giving the ball back to Peyton (where have we heard that before? haha)

I used to say the same exact same things, I wish I could give you multiple LIKES. Denver's Defense was the main reason they won the SB (never disputed that) but they also needed the right QB that put fear into other teams and didn't make mistakes. Only Peyton haters would think Brock could win a SB, that is laughable.  

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

As long as old Colts fans have the urge to make topics about it every so often that's not as true as they wish it were.

What does that mean?  Honestly.   Brock sucked.  The end.   His employment status says so.   The Texans paid to get rid of him.  

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

As long as old Colts fans have the urge to make topics about it every so often that's not as true as they wish it were.

You call the qb of your favorite team Aaron fraudegers..   forgive me if I don't take your takes on qbs with any credibly at all.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I found this interesting: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2024/09/18/colts-qb-anthony-richardson-an-outlier-defying-statistical-explanation/75249368007/ (I would've linked directly to the article but apparently, the mods too away the ability to insert a link.)    Greg Doyle wrote an article in which he compared Manning's first 6 games as a Rookie to Richardson's.   From the article:   (Richardson) "Six games into his career he’s completing 55.5% of his passer (76-for-137) for 993 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions. He’s also run for 229 yards and five touchdowns. "   "Six games into his NFL career, Peyton Manning was completing 53.8% of his passes (113-for-210) for 1,364 yards, six touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He’d also run six times for 33 yards and no score. Numerically speaking, Peyton Manning was terrible. And the Colts were 1-5 in 1998."   And lastly: "Richardson has a similar passing philosophy to Manning circa 1998 – throwing the ball much farther downfield than quarterbacks today, the same as quarterbacks were doing in 1998 – but plays the rest of the game with no comparison to Manning. The footspeed, the willingness to run, the inferior talent around him (Manning was throwing in 1998 to Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison, among others)? No comparison."    
    • This has a feel of "Gus needs to go" type of article. But Bryan said he can play it, just that he doesn't like to...probably because he's 20+ lbs lighter than the guy he is replacing. I can understand that.     
    • I was able to read it. Apparently, Bryan rotates between both 3T and NT as part of the overall 10-man rotation. It's mainly for him to spell Grover, who can only really handle about 65% of the snaps at most.   It makes sense on some level, assuming he can actually play it. But it sounds like he doesn't want to or can't.
    • Bryan is trying to do what is asked of him. And we see that he is definitely targeted and easily pummeled. I had seen enough to know he shouldn't be on the team, that we needed an upgrade.  Bottom line, Gus is out of his mind, and Ballard went along with this.
    • You're probably right or Partridge's boss might be making the call on this. How do you know?    But why does it matter who is making the decision? We've seen that Bryan can't stop the run, and even he says he doesn't like the position and his results there won't be pretty. Partridge, Bradley, Steichen, and Ballard are all accountable for how the Colts do in stopping the run and how the defensive line plays. And so far, it sucks. I'm expecting much better on Sunday, but if Bryan is at NT, that's not gonna help. 
  • Members

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,338

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,900

• Flash7

Flash7 1,932

• twfish

twfish 2,076

• NYFAN

NYFAN 2

Rookie