Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Tackle play

Rally5

I've been a critic of our o-line for years and even in this preseason but I thought the guys played very well at Tackle yesterday.  The only clear miss I saw was when Braden Smith came in for a series at LT.  Otherwise, my eyes told me Haeg and Webb did just fine.  I know some of you guys have these sites you go to to see how a player rated.  I'm not a huge fan of that stuff but is there any empirical evidence of how these guys performed, can someone share if it's out there?  If we're going to tear these guys down for poor play we should be honest enough to recognize when they do well.

• Like 3

Yup....    all things considered...    we played BOTH backup tackles and did pretty well...    just two sacks and not a ton of pressure.

This is the benefit of running a more quick release passing game where Luck can get the ball out of his hand quickly.    The pressure on the O-lineman is dramatically reduced.

Good for the Colts.    This is what some of us have been wanting for years. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup....    all things considered...    we played BOTH backup tackles and did pretty well...    just two sacks and not a ton of pressure.

This is the benefit of running a more quick release passing game where Luck can get the ball out of his hand quickly.    The pressure on the O-lineman is dramatically reduced.

Good for the Colts.    This is what some of us have been wanting for years. 

I totally agree, and keeping some pocket integrity from the G/C combos was great.  That was a darn good dline and we didn't hear much in terms of pass pro.  Now we didn't run particularly well but the short passing game was on point.  There was a lot to like yesterday, frankly, I felt like we were the better team just failed to prove it.  :)

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I totally agree, and keeping some pocket integrity from the G/C combos was great.  That was a darn good dline and we didn't hear much in terms of pass pro.  Now we didn't run particularly well but the short passing game was on point.  There was a lot to like yesterday, frankly, I felt like we were the better team just failed to prove it.  :)

Just came up short, in the worst time is all. :(

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I feel better about going up against Philadelphia, especially if Castonzo gets back. I’m still thinking Good is going to end up at RT but who knows?

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

I've been a critic of our o-line for years and even in this preseason but I thought the guys played very well at Tackle yesterday.  The only clear miss I saw was when Braden Smith came in for a series at LT.  Otherwise, my eyes told me Haeg and Webb did just fine.  I know some of you guys have these sites you go to to see how a player rated.  I'm not a huge fan of that stuff but is there any empirical evidence of how these guys performed, can someone share if it's out there?  If we're going to tear these guys down for poor play we should be honest enough to recognize when they do well.

The tackles benefited from the quick pass game they didn’t have to block for a long time. With that being said I cannot wait for Castonzo to be back in the lineup. I still thought Luck was getting pressured often.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

The tackles benefited from the quick pass game they didn’t have to block for a long time. With that being said I cannot wait for Castonzo to be back in the lineup. I still thought Luck was getting pressured often.

Yeah, giant leap in play calling from previous years. Reich got a lot out of a drastically limited play sheet.

• Like 3