Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Be A Colt If...

Gavin

what everyone is failing to realize cause of all the emotions involved, is if Peyton wanted to be a colt he would be one right now, he could have gotten that 28 million over four years, besides it dont add up to me that, peyton signed up for that 90 million AFTER at least 0ne of them neck surgeries and maybe up to three of those four, as I have said thank you manning but if you really wanted to be a colt right now you would renegotiate for the TEAM, I wish you the best and hope when you retire you retire a colt and sign a one day contract to do so

I think Peyton wanted to stay a Colt, but he also wants to win another superbowl. And currently, both of those can't happen. As him and Irsay both said, it's not about the money. And I think that truly is the case. It's about winning. And as hard as it is to say this, peyton doesnt see himself winning as a colt. If he did, he would still be here.

As fans, we owe it to him to hold no grudges, and allow him to finish his career like the champion and competitor he is.

It's definitely a sad day, but no matter what I will be a colts fan first, and a Manning fan second and I hope he wins another championship.

I think Peyton wanted to stay a Colt, but he also wants to win another superbowl. And currently, both of those can't happen. As him and Irsay both said, it's not about the money. And I think that truly is the case. It's about winning. And as hard as it is to say this, peyton doesnt see himself winning as a colt. If he did, he would still be here.

As fans, we owe it to him to hold no grudges, and allow him to finish his career like the champion and competitor he is.

It's definitely a sad day, but no matter what I will be a colts fan first, and a Manning fan second and I hope he wins another championship.

Agreed. It will take 2-3 years to build a competitive team again, and Peyton doesn't have that much time. Irsay couldn't guarantee him an other SB appearance within next 2 years.

I agree and I think even Irsay was saying the in the conference. The team is in a total rebuild mode and probably will not be a contender for 3-5 yrs. I hope I am wrong and it is only about 2 yrs but that is going some.

Agreed. It will take 2-3 years to build a competitive team again, and Peyton doesn't have that much time. Irsay couldn't guarantee him an other SB appearance within next 2 years.

No team can promise him a SB apperance in two years. Two teams in the entire league will make it in. Peyton knows how tough it is.

It also does not mean the Colts stink as bad as some think either........

After winning 2 games next year we can only go up too.

The Colts are the only team in the NFL using the model they established with Peyton. Peyton takes all the reps in practice, Peyton runs and controls the practices, Peyton essentially calls all the plays. The Colts will not plug Luck into that kind of a system and the Colts going forward will be built in a very different way (we know that from the new management that has been hired). The blackboard has been completely erased. Peyton needs an offense that can be turned over to him and that he can make better very quickly (he could do that easily with the Jets). No matter what their hearts say, peyton is not a fit for the Colts anymore.

I'll always be a Colt, have since they moved to Indy. But to let go of a Legend, on and off the field, is very difficult. A stat I heard today is, under Manning, the Colts had 11 10 win seasons. Previously they had 0 since coming to Indy. He put the Colts on the map, no question. In my opinion, the Colts are better with Manning under center. I keep hearing its a business. Yeah, but it's a business about winning. Manning gives the Colts the best chance to win. Period!