Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chester Rogers promoted to starting PR

TKnight24

29 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Good, Hines was never a natural punt returner, wasn't even in college. Just because a guy has speed doesn't mean he's a natural PR, just like Dorsett.

I agree with that but he didnt shine in the backfield either if he struggled returning but was solid running the ball it wouldnt be a problem I wouldnt mind just keeping mack wilkins and turbin maybe michael 

1 minute ago, lance_m8 said:

I agree with that but he didnt shine in the backfield either if he struggled returning but was solid running the ball it wouldnt be a problem I wouldnt mind just keeping mack wilkins and turbin maybe michael 

Forget about Turbin since he will be in the jacuzzi for 4 weeks

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I strongly dislike using WR's (esp starters) at KR/PR....I'm always scared they are going to get hurt 

Amen with regard to starters, though not backups. And I agree with Fisticuffs' Pascal comment. I like him both as a receiver and returner. Lets see what he does on Thursday. He could stamp his ticket with a solid performance. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Nice. I almost hope Pascal can make the roster and take the job away from him because we kinda need Chester to stay healthy since our WR group is so thin, especially on guys who have chemistry with Luck.

I'd like to see Pascal make it as well. Whether or not KJ can get back from his knee injury will play a big role in who's in the WR room. I  couldn't agree more about Chester and staying healthy hasn't been his strong suit to date.  

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nah, the punt return can be a big play.  Let's keep some excitement in the game.

My statement was more sarcasm. Of course, it can be a big play. I just don't want to see  injuries or fumbles to key players

11 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

My statement was more sarcasm. Of course, it can be a big play. I just don't want to see  injuries or fumbles to key players

I understand that completely.  The sarcasm was well placed.

But with the rule changes the excitement level has also went down. Most liked the NFL because of the violence. (the big hit)  Now that need has to be replaced with excitement. Now there is talk of doing away with the kickoffs? Those rules have changed in that area it's not near as exciting that is once was. Most of the kickers just kick it through the end zone.

Bad or good we need to keep the excitement of punt returns regardless of risk.  Just my thoughts.

• Like 1