Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Yates] Raiders have waived 2017 2nd round pick DB Obi Melifonwu

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If you claim him, I believe there's a rule about a certain number of weeks you have to keep him on the active roster before you could put him on IR. If he's really that injured, it's not worth keeping a roster spot for the guy.

Why hes got more talent than some of the other players who we will waste a spot on 

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If you claim him, I believe there's a rule about a certain number of weeks you have to keep him on the active roster before you could put him on IR. If he's really that injured, it's not worth keeping a roster spot for the guy.

I agree the type of injury will affect my desire

I hope we look LONG and HARD into adding Obi.

If this is doable,  then I hope we do it.   He’s a serious athlete who might fit the kind of defense we’re playing. 

Not it sure if he’s a safety or maybe a LB for the Colts?   But he’s gifted and worth serious consideration.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope we look LONG and HARD into adding Obi.

If this is doable,  then I hope we do it.   He’s a serious athlete who might fit the kind of defense we’re playing. 

Not it sure if he’s a safety or maybe a LB for the Colts?   But he’s gifted and worth serious consideration.

The only thing that worries me is not knowing the injury

22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The only thing that worries me is not knowing the injury

Clearly we would have to investigate the severity of the injury.

Also...   a story on NFL Network claims the Raiders were just convinced that Obi loved football enough.   And that’s possible and would also have to be investigated.

But I typically like scenarios where a team gives up in a raw talent and so our investment would be minimal.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly we would have to investigate the severity of the injury.

Also...   a story on NFL Network claims the Raiders were just convinced that Obi loved football enough.   And that’s possible and would also have to be investigated.

But I typically like scenarios where a team gives up in a raw talent and so our investment would be minimal.  

I read that Oakland were being a Scrooge and didn’t want to pay his guaranteed salary

Dude had knee surgery to begin last year, and hip surgery to finish it.  Now missing practice and games again, seeing another doctor.  He'll clear waivers... nobody will claim him; I'm almost certain.  If so, do the Raiders put him on their IR? Or keep the waive/injured designation on him and suffer a 1.7 million dead cap hit?

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd still take a shot with him if i was any other team the guy has TONS of talent. 

And from reports about both Raiders regimes take on him... no desire.

I'll surmise Ballard and company have very little interest in an often and heavily injured players that's not fully committed to the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And from reports about both Raiders regimes take on him... no desire.

I'll surmise Ballard and company have very little interest in an often and heavily injured players that's not fully committed to the game.

Maybe not on the raiders they are trash