Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stitches

[Yates] Raiders have waived 2017 2nd round pick DB Obi Melifonwu

Recommended Posts

If you claim him, I believe there's a rule about a certain number of weeks you have to keep him on the active roster before you could put him on IR. If he's really that injured, it's not worth keeping a roster spot for the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If you claim him, I believe there's a rule about a certain number of weeks you have to keep him on the active roster before you could put him on IR. If he's really that injured, it's not worth keeping a roster spot for the guy.

Why hes got more talent than some of the other players who we will waste a spot on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why hes got more talent than some of the other players who we will waste a spot on 

We could be playing part of the season with only 52 players on the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If you claim him, I believe there's a rule about a certain number of weeks you have to keep him on the active roster before you could put him on IR. If he's really that injured, it's not worth keeping a roster spot for the guy.

I agree the type of injury will affect my desire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we look LONG and HARD into adding Obi.

 

If this is doable,  then I hope we do it.   He’s a serious athlete who might fit the kind of defense we’re playing. 

 

Not it sure if he’s a safety or maybe a LB for the Colts?   But he’s gifted and worth serious consideration.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope we look LONG and HARD into adding Obi.

 

If this is doable,  then I hope we do it.   He’s a serious athlete who might fit the kind of defense we’re playing. 

 

Not it sure if he’s a safety or maybe a LB for the Colts?   But he’s gifted and worth serious consideration.

 

The only thing that worries me is not knowing the injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a huge proponent of Obi before last years draft. I even took him round 1 in the forum GM game because of how confident I was in his ability. We need to do everything we can to brim him in, no matter what the injury is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The only thing that worries me is not knowing the injury

 

Clearly we would have to investigate the severity of the injury.

 

Also...   a story on NFL Network claims the Raiders were just convinced that Obi loved football enough.   And that’s possible and would also have to be investigated.

 

But I typically like scenarios where a team gives up in a raw talent and so our investment would be minimal.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

Clearly we would have to investigate the severity of the injury.

 

Also...   a story on NFL Network claims the Raiders were just convinced that Obi loved football enough.   And that’s possible and would also have to be investigated.

 

But I typically like scenarios where a team gives up in a raw talent and so our investment would be minimal.  

 

I read that Oakland were being a Scrooge and didn’t want to pay his guaranteed salary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked him last year and wanted us to draft him, however now I feel like he might be another T.J. green after last season. Wouldn’t hurt to give him a roster spot because his ceiling is sky high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude had knee surgery to begin last year, and hip surgery to finish it.  Now missing practice and games again, seeing another doctor.  He'll clear waivers... nobody will claim him; I'm almost certain.  If so, do the Raiders put him on their IR? Or keep the waive/injured designation on him and suffer a 1.7 million dead cap hit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd still take a shot with him if i was any other team the guy has TONS of talent. 

 

 

And from reports about both Raiders regimes take on him... no desire.

 

I'll surmise Ballard and company have very little interest in an often and heavily injured players that's not fully committed to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

And from reports about both Raiders regimes take on him... no desire.

 

I'll surmise Ballard and company have very little interest in an often and heavily injured players that's not fully committed to the game.

Maybe not on the raiders they are trash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...