Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upset With Irsay [Merge]

manningstheman

Who's gonna defend Irsay now that he has cut Brakett, Bullitt, Clark and Addai???

Irsay wont win for YEARS!!!!!!!

Why do you think that these players were cut and not traded? It's because they have no trade value. Other teams saw what the Colts saw in these players, and that is that they are overpaid for the amount of value that they add to the team. Freeney can add value to other teams and that's why he is being shopped, instead of being cut.

It's the right move. These guys could hardly stay on the field. They were once very good players, but most recently have shown that they can't stay healty and do not justify their contracts. I support Irsay in making tough decisions. Now we need to rebuild with young and upcoming stars.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's not what will happen, and Luck will forever be dogged by the sense of being the rebound from the breakup with Peyton. I'm sure that he will utterly relish that role. :oops:

Every star quarterback faces some sort of scrutiny. It comes with the territory. The media constantly scrutinized Peyton. Now it's fans scrutinizing Luck, and he'll just have to prove himself.

{cke_protected}{cke_protected}{C}{cke_protected}{cke_protected}{C}{cke_protected}

And Colts got money from who?.

How did Colts market value increased by 230 million dollars in the last 14 yrs?. I bet its not a mascot or a community contributor. May be i think logically and state the facts?.

What was the Colts $ value before, and after the 14 years? What was national inflation % over that 14 years? What was % growth of other NFL reams in the same time frame?

Thank you.

It does matter, your answer suggested that the $26.4MM was paid for the #1 overall pick. I showed you that was not the case. If the Colts had not paid the money, the team would still be 2-14, and have the #1 overall pick.

The previous poster suggested that the $26.4MM was paid to PM, and it produced nothing. I am inclined to agree, since PM did not play one single down last season.

Irsay paid Manning because he had to. He was under CONTRACT. He would not had paid Manning if he didn't have to. Irsay's fan respect level has stooped to a new low. He is not rebuilding the Colts he has destroyed them. I can't wait to see Peyton come on to the field in another uniform and embarrass Irsay by the fan reaction and a defeat!!

Irsay paid Manning because he had to. He was under CONTRACT. He would not had paid Manning if he didn't have to. Irsay's fan respect level has stooped to a new low. He is not rebuilding the Colts he has destroyed them. I can't wait to see Peyton come on to the field in another uniform and embarrass Irsay by the fan reaction and a defeat!!

Irsay paid PM $26.4MM in 2011 because he was contractually obligated to pay it. That is not in question.

What was in question, was whether the payment produced any result. A previous poster suggested it was responsible for obtaining the #1 overall pick.

I showed that that was nonsense. If Irsay had cut PM in 2011, and not sign that contract (and therefore not pay him), the Colts would still have the 2-14 record last season, providing them with the #1 pick.

In fact, that would have been the better outcome, for the team would have saved $26.4MM real cash, and its associated cap space.

Irsay paid PM $26.4MM in 2011 because he was contractually obligated to pay it. That is not in question.

What was in question, was whether the payment produced any result. A previous poster suggested it was responsible for obtaining the #1 overall pick.

I showed that that was nonsense. If Irsay had cut PM in 2011, and not sign that contract (and therefore not pay him), the Colts would still have the 2-14 record last season, providing them with the #1 pick.

In fact, that would have been the better outcome, for the team would have saved $26.4MM real cash, and its associated cap space.

Don't get me wrong, Frog... For the most part I agree with you. But if the team had $26M available last year, they could have added talent to the roster that could have won a few more games and taken us out of the #1 draft slot. In that sense, paying PM guaranteed the top pick. :)

Don't get me wrong, Frog... For the most part I agree with you. But if the team had $26M available last year, they could have added talent to the roster that could have won a few more games and taken us out of the #1 draft slot. In that sense, paying PM guaranteed the top pick. :)

If you want to speculate in that range, an argument can easily be made also that the team would have spent the $26.4MM on developmental candidates that were not ready to take the field, and would provide much needed depth to many positions that we still lack now. In this case, we would still have the #1 overall pick, and PM would have nothing to do with that.

{cke_protected}{cke_protected}{C}{cke_protected}{cke_protected}{C}{cke_protected}

What was the Colts $ value before, and after the 14 years? What was national inflation % over that 14 years? What was % growth of other NFL reams in the same time frame?

Thank you.

The discussion should probably also include how much the team paid Manning over those 14 years. As a business owner, I sure as heck hope I make more (ie. business increases in value) by an amount greater than I pay my employees over any given period. Otherwise, why would I hire them? I don't operate as a charity, and don't understand why Irsay ought to either.

The discussion should probably also include how much the team paid Manning over those 14 years. As a business owner, I sure as heck hope I make more (ie. business increases in value) by an amount greater than I pay my employees over any given period. Otherwise, why would I hire them? I don't operate as a charity, and don't understand why Irsay ought to either.

I didnt get the whole conversation. But, I will throw my 2 cents in. I did see somewhere( a toad was talking) that it was better to just get rid of Manning last year. Why would you. I have asked the same question myself in a different form of question. The same toad told me that how could Irsay have known he was not going to be able to play last year before he signed the contract. Exactly. That is because any business man wants a successful business. That means more profit. A losing franchise goes bankrupt. A winning franchise gets millions. You have to pay out to get more in return. That is how it works. So, you trade the Franchise QB and go 2-14. Lose out on big Playoff money, which equals more tv revenue, ticket sales, apperal, food sales, etc. But, no one knew Peyton wouldnt be back, therefore you dont trade him and hope to still make the playoffs if he can return for half the season. You do trade him, save 24 million and then never make the playoffs again. Just hope that the next QB can be close to Peyton. Lose hundreds of millions of dollars and end up bankrupt and moveing the team to LA. I dont know. Sport is risk. You never know when another winning season will come.