Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck QB sneak ???

coltsfeva

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, Superman said:

I get the feeling you won't see any QB sneaks this season... 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:14 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

Tom Brady has mastered it and never takes a hit... It's just smart football.

Only took two games for me to be proved wrong. They ran it perfectly. Hopefully Luck is no worse for wear, but I think he's fine. Good call. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Only took two games for me to be proved wrong. They ran it perfectly. Hopefully Luck is no worse for wear, but I think he's fine. Good call. 

There you are...

Good to see you!

When you see this game,  you’re going to like what you see!

Enjoy!!

4 hours ago, Superman said:

It was smart timing. Defense was slow to get set, offense was ready. I don't look for it to be an every game situation, but i think we'll see it plenty this season to keep the sticks moving. 

We need Turbin back down at the goalline though...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superman said:

If he's truly healthy IMO we should not limit what he does. The full arsenal should be at Reich's disposal and he should be able to call them just like he would with any other healthy QB. IMO the sneak is not even all that dangerous, it's much less dangerous for the QB than a designed QB run or a scramble IMO, simply because he's pushing past a well structured formation without much speed being involved, be it from the QB or from the defenders. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

If he's truly healthy IMO we should not limit what he does. The full arsenal should be at Reich's disposal and he should be able to call them just like he would with any other healthy QB. IMO the sneak is not even all that dangerous, it's much less dangerous for the QB than a designed QB run or a scramble IMO, simply because he's pushing past a well structured formation without much speed being involved, be it from the QB or from the defenders. 

Obviously the coaches are convinced he's truly healthy. That's all I was concerned about. 

I think it's a more dangerous call than a designed keeper; most of the time, multiple players wind up on top of the QB. With a designed keeper, the QB can see the defenders and slide to avoid contact (theoretically). Or he's getting to the outside and can run out of bounds. The speed of the collision is a different story, but that's assuming there's a collision at all. With a sneak, he's going to wind up under three or four players.

But yeah, as long as Luck is healthy and they aren't worried about his shoulder, run everything. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

There you are...

Good to see you!

When you see this game,  you’re going to like what you see!

Enjoy!!

I've seen it, and it was very impressive. I'm loving the speed of this defense. They close on ball carriers like a pack of hunting dogs. They're arriving with authority, hitting with force, and even contesting passes down the field.

They did the same thing last week, just had some sloppy run fits and gave up too many big plays in the passing game. Some of that happened in the passing game this week, also; hopefully they get those zone assignments straightened out, and maintain better technique when they play man. But when there's a catch underneath, it's a thing of beauty to watch that back seven close in on the ball. 

The speed of the DL is showing up as well. Shooting gaps, running stunts, etc. This week showed how a smaller DL can still hold up against the run. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, stitches said:

If he's truly healthy IMO we should not limit what he does. The full arsenal should be at Reich's disposal and he should be able to call them just like he would with any other healthy QB.

I feel the same way, plus, when was the last time a QB was injured running a sneak? That has to be pretty rare, right?

23 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I feel the same way, plus, when was the last time a QB was injured running a sneak? That has to be pretty rare, right?

Agreed. There's very little impact (players running at full speed to make contact) on QB sneaks because no one has a running start. There's a lot of pushing and bodies on top of the QB. I don't think this is enough to cause injury.