Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy are we the Browns

10 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Reaching for players, while other better players are on the board. Is this really ballards draft board? 

So I’m guessing you were there scouting with them and interviewing players? There’s a reason players drop it’s easy to sit back and criticize when you know 1% of what these guys know.

1 hour ago, boo2202 said:

That's fine feed me later. Not understanding ballards tactics here. Bash me if you want but to me it's been very suspect 

Elaborate on what you mean by tactics please. 

He literally preached building the trenches the last 3 months. Over and over. He put it into practice today. He obviously values the fronts greatly and thought they needed serious help/depth. He isn't wrong, you do realize that right? We got our butts whipped last year on both sides of the ball up front. That is going to change soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Reaching for players, while other better players are on the board. Is this really ballards draft board? 

2 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Another reach. You don't reach on potential in the second round. Too many great options there. Could've got him in the 4th

:console:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Loved that the colts got to pick the first defensive player in the draft! I would love to see a lb with their 2nd pick! 
    • The film is just incredible. He beat the blocker and ran over the running back. Just… insane. 
    • I loved the pick. I had him as a dark horse because of his medical and felt he may slide because of it. Honestly, when it came to #15, he never really entered my mind, as I felt they would pass on him. People asked who they wanted at #15 and in one of my posts, I said a football player. I wanted Mitchell but I also raised the idea of Latua in other posts..  I really praise Ballard for this pick. I said he needed to come away with a play maker and there had to be some amount of pressure on him to do so. Apparently, information is out there that he tried to move up and I also said, I had a feeling this was a year they were going to try and make a move. I give a lot of credit to Ballard for picking the guy who has a lot of production and if he fails, so be it. I also told people on this board that this pass rush was not good enough. Ballard's eagerness to sign Hunter should have been a sign that he felt so as well. I said to watch free agency and it will tell you what their true needs are. He wanted Hunter and Sneed. The rumor is that he wanted to trade up into the 1st and everyone is saying it was probably a receiver. That is shocking to me but once again, I will give Ballard an A+ so far, because he was willing to be aggressive.  I do Steichen is having some influence on Ballard because of his days with the Eagles and how aggressive they are in the draft. I think this shows that he realizes that he needs to have play makers to play with the elite teams and you have to take some risk to get those type of players. I have been hard on Ballard, but he has knocked it out of the park so far. He took a guy with a questionable medical history, addressed a glaring need and a position that is needed to make this defense work. Don't be mislead by last year's sack totals. This team lost a pile of games in the 4th quarter last year because they could not pressure the qb. Now he needs a wr, S and corner. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up in the 2nd. Way to go Ballard!!! 
    • It seems most of his pass rush production has been as a standing OLB. He does have reps with his hand on the ground where he's produced as well, but he was asked to rush standing up most of the time. Hopefully that isn't a big transition for him, because it is for some people.
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,471

• adubb84

adubb84 1,376

• Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 434

• DynaMike

DynaMike 159

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,239

• colts89