Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade with Bills for there two firsts. 12 and 22.

1st round-

12 - Roquan Smith - ILB - Georgia - with Edwards off the board. He can start now.

22 - Harold Landry - Edge - BC - His draft value is increasing fast. While I don't think he's 3 down material like Chubb. It won't take long. Freeney didn't start for Bratske till game 8 or 9.

2nd round-

36 - Isaiah Wynn - OG - Georgia - can't lose but wynn with this pick 

37 - DJ Chark - WR - LSU - better compliment than Moncrief was. Better at routes too.

49 - Okorafor - OT - W. Michigan - excells at pass protection, decent run blocker. Still day 1 starter.

3rd round-

67 - Tarvarus McFadden - CB - FSU - similar to QWilson, not afraid to tackle runners either. 

4th round-

104 - Foloy Patukasi - DT - Connecticut - good pass rusher, hole plugger in the run game.

5th round-

140- Oren Burks - LB - Vanderbilt - I like this guy, perfect will linebacker. Started career as a safety. Most pass defenses by linebacker last year, and he started some games on the edge.

6th round-

178 - Joe Ostman - Edge - Cental Michigan - Do your own homework on this guy. Him and Landry I think we just got our future Freeney/Mathis combo. He's really quick. Stats says he's 245 but at his pro day he was 263. Would've been 1 of the fastest at combine for 40. Best at short shuttle. Led FBS in sacks, and...... Watch his highlights he has one of the best motors I've seen. Alot of tackles across field he chased down. As you can tell I really like this guy. 

7th round - 

221 - Matt Pryor - OL- TCU - Started both RT and RG. Was thinking another WR here, and this guy might be picked in 6th. 

Thank you.

If this could happen, I would be ecstatic. The only thing I would change is McFadden. I'm not sure that he would fit the scheme well from a coverage perspective. I think a guy like Isaac Yiadom from BC would be better with that pick. Overall, very well done and you get a couple of later round guys that I like as well, like Patukasi.

9 hours ago, Shive said:

If this could happen, I would be ecstatic. The only thing I would change is McFadden. I'm not sure that he would fit the scheme well from a coverage perspective. I think a guy like Isaac Yiadom from BC would be better with that pick. Overall, very well done and you get a couple of later round guys that I like as well, like Patukasi.

Was thinking instead of Mcfadden and Chalk. Getting Jaleilel, cb out of Louisville, in 2nd. Than maybe St. Brown out of ND with 3rd. Don't know if either would be at that spot, though.

21 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Was thinking instead of Mcfadden and Chalk. Getting Jaleilel, cb out of Louisville, in 2nd. Than maybe St. Brown out of ND with 3rd. Don't know if either would be at that spot, though.

I'm just not a big fan of St. Brown as high as he's being projected these days.. He has the physical attributes, but I don't feel like he actually makes plays on the ball enough. He is also mostly a body-catcher and we know what that gets you (a ton of drops). As an NFL WR, raw athleticism gets you pretty much nowhere.

I would much rather take a guy like Dante Pettis that isn't as big or fast, but is very polished, catches everything, and gets open based on his superb route running/technical skill.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm just not a big fan of St. Brown as high as he's being projected these days.. He has the physical attributes, but I don't feel like he actually makes plays on the ball enough. He is also mostly a body-catcher and we know what that gets you (a ton of drops). As an NFL WR, raw athleticism gets you pretty much nowhere.

I would much rather take a guy like Dante Pettis that isn't as big or fast, but is very polished, catches everything, and gets open based on his superb route running/technical skill.

That's why I originally went with Chalk. With the addition of Ebron we kinda got our big red zone threat. Chalk pretty lenghty too. Honestly didn't as much homework on the cbs in this draft. What I've read and watched of McFadden. Thought he would fall to that spot and be our best option.

Like the draft, but Smith seems to be a Weak side LB, (which is OK) but not MLB

I am warming up to somehow getting Landry, but belive he will be drafted in the high teens 

Robert Mathis came in at 6'2" and 235 Lbs

Landry is listed at 6'3" and 252 Lbs, he also had the best 3 cone at the Combine

Landry has the amazing speed that Mathis had

22 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Nice...Would be hard to pass up a running back in the 2nd-3rd round though.  There are a few good ones...

Oh crap, I suck. Thought I had 1 in there. Someone suggested get more than just 2 1st's from the Bills and cause I messed up. They magically gave me a 3rd with it, and I used are pick to get Penny. McFadden should still be available with the Bills 3rd.

12 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Good with the 1st round picks. Not into the rest of the draft. I feel like there are a lot of reaches. 

Only reaches I felt was Pryor in 7th and Burns. Ridley by most mocks is only WR going in 1st round.I could plug Kirk in there and wouldn't be a stretch.