Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock

6, 104 for 12, 22, 56, 65

Needs: 
RB, WRs, OG, OT
DE, DT, OLBs, ILBs, CBs, S

12: Harold Landry DE Boston College - 
Landry is insanely fast off the edge due to his burst and quick first step.
He consistently creates pressure, and has good pass rush moves.
A skilled QB stalker.

22: Derwin James S Florida State - 
A better Kam Chancellor. 
This kid is a fantastic leader.
Will start at S with Hooker but can play LB, match up with TEs, and rush the QB just as well as some of the defensive ends in the draft.

36: Taven Bryan DT Florida - 
Powerful man on the interior, quick first step, tends to draw double teams. Has a great motor and a real chance to be a great DT.
Needs to be a better finisher and use his hands more.

37: Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M -  
Good hands, and clean routes
Needs a bigger catch radius, and needs to make an effort to become a better blocker.

Also plus ones as a returner.

49: Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon- 
His feet is among the best out of lineman this year.
Can beat speed rushers on the edge, very agile and athletic.
Needs to get nastier at the LOS, and can bulk up

56: Frank Ragnow C/OG Arkansas - 
A mauler at the LOS, can play C or G very well, doesn't allow much pressure.
Would be a fantastic addition to the OL.

65: Ronald Jones II RB USC - 
Jones is a home run RB, who can make nothing into something. He's got great speed, balance, and cutback ability. Reminds me of a faster Shady. Needs to improve in receiving and blocking

67: Duke Dawson CB Florida - 
Dawson has great instincts and handles his own in coverage. Excellent run supporter and isn't afraid to hit someone, can be a better athlete

140: Tegray Scales ILB Indiana
178: Oren Burks OLB Vanderblit
221: Dorian O'Daniel OLB Clemson

38 minutes ago, tvturner said:

6, 104 for 12, 22, 56, 65

Needs: 
RB, WRs, OG, OT
DE, DT, OLBs, ILBs, CBs, S

12: Harold Landry DE Boston College - 
Landry is insanely fast off the edge due to his burst and quick first step.
He consistently creates pressure, and has good pass rush moves.
A skilled QB stalker.

22: Derwin James S Florida State - 
A better Kam Chancellor. 
This kid is a fantastic leader.
Will start at S with Hooker but can play LB, match up with TEs, and rush the QB just as well as some of the defensive ends in the draft.

36: Taven Bryan DT Florida - 
Powerful man on the interior, quick first step, tends to draw double teams. Has a great motor and a real chance to be a great DT.
Needs to be a better finisher and use his hands more.

37: Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M -  
Good hands, and clean routes
Needs a bigger catch radius, and needs to make an effort to become a better blocker.

Also plus ones as a returner.

49: Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon- 
His feet is among the best out of lineman this year.
Can beat speed rushers on the edge, very agile and athletic.
Needs to get nastier at the LOS, and can bulk up

56: Frank Ragnow C/OG Arkansas - 
A mauler at the LOS, can play C or G very well, doesn't allow much pressure.
Would be a fantastic addition to the OL.

65: Ronald Jones II RB USC - 
Jones is a home run RB, who can make nothing into something. He's got great speed, balance, and cutback ability. Reminds me of a faster Shady. Needs to improve in receiving and blocking

67: Duke Dawson CB Florida - 
Dawson has great instincts and handles his own in coverage. Excellent run supporter and isn't afraid to hit someone, can be a better athlete

140: Tegray Scales ILB Indiana
178: Oren Burks OLB Vanderblit
221: Dorian O'Daniel OLB Clemson

Switch Harold Landry with Roquan Smith at 12 and add more help early at corner and I’m on board! I would also switch Ronald Jones with Rashaad Penny and I would try and get a pass rusher like Chad Thomas later in the draft. 

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Switch Harold Landry with Roquan Smith at 12 and add more help early at corner and I’m on board! I would also switch Ronald Jones with Rashaad Penny and I would try and get a pass rusher like Chad Thomas later in the draft. 

Not sold on Penny being better than Jones.

Love the trade... If there is a bidding war for the pick (say the Giants, Browns [at 4], and Denver all pass on QBs) I don't see it as far-fetched, at all... In the end, we might not have to give up that 104th pick... Maybe the 140th would do it.

I'm with some others that I think there will be a better option at 12 than Landry (mostly a scheme fit, concern). I think either Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, Vea, or Smith will be there and I'd rather have one of them...

I doubt that James makes it to #22... if he does, that would be one heckuva pick, though. Probably the same with Bryant in the 2nd. I'd love it if it happened...

I generally like the rest of the draft, but, again, what really excites me about this scenario is the extra picks from the trade haul...

If Ballard is as good at evaluating talent as many have said, written, and tweeted, Indy could be looking at 8 year one starters/upgrades with multiple late round picks to bolster depth... Nothing to shake a stick at, to be sure. 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Love the trade... If there is a bidding war for the pick (say the Giants, Browns [at 4], and Denver all pass on QBs) I don't see it as far-fetched, at all... In the end, we might not have to give up that 104th pick... Maybe the 140th would do it.

I'm with some others that I think there will be a better option at 12 than Landry (mostly a scheme fit, concern). I think either Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, Vea, or Smith will be there and I'd rather have one of them...

I doubt that James makes it to #22... if he does, that would be one heckuva pick, though. Probably the same with Bryant in the 2nd. I'd love it if it happened...

I generally like the rest of the draft, but, again, what really excites me about this scenario is the extra picks from the trade haul...

If Ballard is as good at evaluating talent as many have said, written, and tweeted, Indy could be looking at 8 year one starters/upgrades with multiple late round picks to bolster depth... Nothing to shake a stick at, to be sure. 

You could switch Landry and James positions.

I think Landry would be an elite DE in our scheme, though he's projected as a 3-4 OLB.

1)I’m only trading down if Chubb is gone.

2) I love the extra picks , but you still didn’t address our biggest need until really late in the draft. There’s 5-8 LB’s rated in the top 60-70 this year , and you didn’t grab one of them. If we trade down again,we’ve got to get two of those guys, imo. 

If we could somehow get Smith or Edmunds at 12 I’d feel a lot better about trading back.

2 hours ago, Trueman said:

2) I love the extra picks , but you still didn’t address our biggest need until really late in the draft. There’s 5-8 LB’s rated in the top 60-70 this year , and you didn’t grab one of them. If we trade down again,we’ve got to get two of those guys, imo. 

If we could somehow get Smith or Edmunds at 12 I’d feel a lot better about trading back.

Our biggest needs isn't just one position