Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft 1.0

Hey guys, I don't post here often, but try and do a mock once a year just because I get bored. 

Round 1 Pick 6: Bradley Chubb EDGE 6'4'' 269 lbs NC State

I think he still makes it to us at 6. I assume 3 QB's go top 3 and then Barkley and Nelson at 4 and 5. Not much to say here that hasn't been said here, elsewhere, and what hes shown on tape and at the combine. Fills a major need.

Round 2 Pick 36: Isaiah Oliver DB 6'1'' 190 lbs Colorado

Excellent size, long arms, and good speed. He ran a 4.50 at the combine. Plays press really well and is rangy. I think he can make a solid duo with Wilson, if he can get his stuff together, and give us a good tandem to work with at both corner spots.

Round 2 Pick 37: Derrius Guice RB 5'10'' 212 lbs LSU

I was on board to take Barkley at 3 when we had the pick. I think getting a workhorse RB takes the load off of Luck and will keep the defense more honest. Guice has a good blend of size, power, and speed, as he ran a 4.49 40 at the combine. Health issues are a bit of a concern, but he shows good vision, patience, and burst.

Round 2 Pick 49: Billy Price C/OG 6'4'' 312 lbs Ohio St

Offensive line has been a problem for years. I'm not stoked that I waited this long to address only a part of it, but there are other needs and better players at out previous picks, imo, than to go much earlier than this. Versatile, strong, and shows great leverage. I think he can play next to Kelly and if he gets hurt can fill the need at C. I'm hoping we resign Mewhort and he can stay healthy and play at the other guard spot.

Round 3 Pick 67: Malik Jefferson ILB/OLB 6'3'' 236 lbs Texas

We've been missing a leader in the linebacking corp for a while. Jefferson is a big linebacker than can play both ILB and OLB. Has good length, size, and speed. Ran a 4.52 40 at the combine. His tackling and instincts have gotten better every year. Has the speed and strength to cover bigger and faster TE's.

Round 4 Pick 104: Quenton Meeks CB 6'2'' 205lbs Stanford

Again I wish there was a guard or tackle I think that is worth it here, but I don't. Meeks shows good technique and is long, big, and rangy. Has press man coverage skills and has good ball skills as well.

Round 5 Pick 140: Brett Toth OT 6'6'' 305 lbs Army

Finally get to address the RT position here. Shows good physical and technical abilities and is a bit undersized, but after going through a full offseason of NFL strength training I think he can fill out his frame. He is smart, coachable, and athletic and is what coaches want in their locker room.

Round 6 Pick 178: Troy Apke S 6'2'' 210 lbs Penn St

He would be a project at safety and is molded similar to TJ Green. He had one hell of a combine. 4.34 40-yard dash, 41 inch vertical, 131 inch broad jump, 6.56 3 cone drill, 4.03 20 yard shuttle all top performances. He might go sooner because of athleticism, but I think hes more coachable than TJ Green and shows better technical skills and fills a need. 

Round 7 Pick 221: Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR 6'5'' 205 lbs South Florida

We've been needing a big red zone target WR. TY Hilton is great, but I always preferred bigger WR's than can run. He has good size and length and ran a 4.37 forty. He lacks route running abilities, but who doesn't at this level, and shows some inconsistencies with his hands, but I think both of those are coachable. 

Anyways, I'm always open to criticism and there is no way to please everyone. I know people are going to say, "so and so isn't going to be available there", but no one really knows and its all speculation anyhow. Hope you guys enjoy. :]

Great mock. I love it. I would have probably tried to get one more ILB early, but overall I like it. BTW Toth has some serious injury, I don't know if he will get drafted at all, especially when you know he will have to serve first and this will delay his playing career until 2020.