Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor [Merge]

42 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

The bills have a lot of picks to trade up now. Two 1st rounders Two 2nd rounders two 3rd rounders. Let's say they call the colts and say you get 

two 1's

two 2's 

one 3rd

thats hard to turn down

barkleys going 1 

And Giants take Chubb which is becoming more likely

Yep, it is hard to turn down, although I'd want a future first as well. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, IndyScribe said:

They will in free agency and draft. I know all these moves are making Colts fans impatient, but wait it out and it'll pay off. Ballard won't make a deal unless it's really good and he wants to save draft picks. There's nothing wrong with that.

Well there was that whole McDickhead thing.  So he's not invincible 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Well there was that whole McDickhead thing.  So he's not invincible 

I was talking about FA/Draft and trading. I never said he was invincible and McDaniels was a different situation. I doubt McDaniels would have come on a really good deal.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

I was talking about FA/Draft and trading. I never said he was invincible and McDaniels was a different situation. I doubt McDaniels would have come on a really good deal.

Just saying.  He will make mistakes.   It's understandable.    Besides I was being sarcastic 

Interesting tidbit here from Western NY.  My next door neighbor is a Bills fan and he and many Bills fans were not fans of Taylor.  Many Bills fans never saw him as the long term answer.  I don't know the particulars of his current contract but he had some serious money guaranteed to him shortly after the start of the new year.  So part of this trade could have been for cap and money reasons as well.  This past fall my neighbor mentioned he didn't think Taylor would be on the team past the 2017 season due to his performance and for the money he was going to be guaranteed.  He mentioned since the Colts are going to have Luck back next year maybe the Bills should trade for Brisett. He liked what he saw of Brisett more than Taylor.  I said you can watch him play in Buffalo when the Colts visit in December.  We know how that audition turned out.  Anyway I can't wait to talk to him this weekend to get his thoughts.  They just returned from two months in Florida so we have a lot of catching up to do.  What a crazy off season. 

Ballard has repeatedly said that you do not trade out of the top 3 to a spot that might not have first round grade guys left. He has said there could be 15 or so true first round grade guys, so it would be a mistake to trade away one of the premier positions in the draft to a spot where there aren't any first round grade players left... regardless of what else is being attached. When you can get a game changer with your first pick, you don't hesitate. 

This is a long-term rebuild effort. It takes multiple drafts with quality players selected and developed. That sometimes mean taking advantage of your situation and picking a big time player rather than loading up on extra picks.

So this looks like that will be the end of the Barkley Cult on this forum. Somewhere Jshipp and the crew are kicking themselves! You dont get Tyrod Taylor unless you plan on having an offense that runs a lot. Pretty much like the one they had in Buffalo. Only this time it will be Saquon Barkley instead of Lesean MccoyHa Ha Ha too bad so sad......

1 hour ago, crestmount said:

They will take Barkley at #1 and the best available QB at 4 (Darnold, Allen or Rosen), allowing their rookie QB time to settle into the role

No...you cant jus take best available when its QB..You have to take who you want at '1'

They need to forget about Barkley...

By the time they are in contention for anything Barkley will probably be injured

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

So this looks like that will be the end of the Barkley Cult on this forum. Somewhere Jshipp and the crew are kicking themselves! You dont get Tyrod Taylor unless you plan on having an offense that runs a lot. Pretty much like the one they had in Buffalo. Only this time it will be Saquon Barkley instead of Lesean MccoyHa Ha Ha too bad so sad......

Have a feeling the Chubb cult will end soon too. Hope Ballard has a plan C. Crazy to think majority of people say it's crazy to take a RB that high but the teams with the top two picks are hoping the other doesn't take him so they can. Armchair gm's gotta love them.

17 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Have a feeling the Chubb cult will end soon too. Hope Ballard has a plan C. Crazy to think majority of people say it's crazy to take a RB that high but the teams with the top two picks are hoping the other doesn't take him so they can. Armchair gm's gotta love them.

Oh I dont have that feeling at all. Chubb will be there. The Giants will go with Nelson just like they've been hinting. Or they will most likely go with a QB.

Ballard has stated that he's more than willing to trade down. What will it say if he trades down with Chubb on the board? I don't think Ballard views Chubb as a stud as many on here do. He sees the roster and understands that one player isn't going to make a huge turnaround. He's probally hoping that any combo of Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson go 1-2, so he can count his chips on the highest bidder. 

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No...you cant jus take best available when its QB..You have to take who you want at '1'

They need to forget about Barkley...

By the time they are in contention for anything Barkley will probably be injured

I dont know Mark. There probably will only be one QB gone by the time that #4 pick comes around. If its Mayfield they like he will probably still be on the board for example.

8 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Ballard has stated that he's more than willing to trade down. What will it say if he trades down with Chubb on the board? I don't think Ballard views Chubb as a stud as many on here do. He sees the roster and understands that one player isn't going to make a huge turnaround. He's probally hoping that any combo of Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson go 1-2, so he can count his chips on the highest bidder. 

More than willing does not mean he isn't looking for great value. Hes already stated the offer would have to be very strong. He values the type of player you can get at that pick. Hes not going to be too eager to give up that spot and I bet if he does it will only be 1 to 2 spots. I dont think they had all those formal and informal meetings with Chubb for no reason.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont know Mark. There probably will only be one QB gone by the time that #4 pick comes around. If its Mayfield they like he will probably still be on the board for example.

But why risk it.

Take who you want.....at the QB position. That's the most important thing.

It isn't impossible that the Browns trade the '4' and a 3rd or 4th rounder to the Giants for the '2'

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But why risk it.

Take who you want.....at the QB position. That's the most important thing.

It isn't impossible that the Browns trade the '4' and a 3rd or 4th rounder to the Giants for the '2'

It could be like the brother said in the other thread. Maybe they really do see them equally or at least close. If its Baker Mayfield for example again i think he will still be on the board. I think its risky, but odds are pretty good one of them will be there. I dont think we are trading out of our spot and the Browns know it. Looks like they want to double dip. I think they can get it done without much risk. I dont see them getting Chubb. The Giants could but I don't think they will. They've already got two pass rushers albeit older. I think they will go after that later on. I think they go QB or get Nelson.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Interesting tidbit here from Western NY.  My next door neighbor is a Bills fan and he and many Bills fans were not fans of Taylor.  Many Bills fans never saw him as the long term answer.  I don't know the particulars of his current contract but he had some serious money guaranteed to him shortly after the start of the new year.  So part of this trade could have been for cap and money reasons as well.  This past fall my neighbor mentioned he didn't think Taylor would be on the team past the 2017 season due to his performance and for the money he was going to be guaranteed.  He mentioned since the Colts are going to have Luck back next year maybe the Bills should trade for Brisett. He liked what he saw of Brisett more than Taylor.  I said you can watch him play in Buffalo when the Colts visit in December.  We know how that audition turned out.  Anyway I can't wait to talk to him this weekend to get his thoughts.  They just returned from two months in Florida so we have a lot of catching up to do.  What a crazy off season. 

That's a "grass is always greener" kind of thing, because Brissett isn't better than Taylor. But I get why the Bills wouldn't want to pay Tyrod $16m in 2018, especially if they are working on moving up to get their guy in this draft, which I think they are.

28 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

Ok, the Browns are clearly about to screw up again.  I really hope they are not trying to skip out on a QB.  They need to draft their franchise now, and stop trying to outsmart the draft.  I’m starting to understand why they can’t win games.  Incompetence

Love your opening line ASTY. I know; I know. I shouldn't mock the Browns especially with a new GM & all. The ones I feel really sorry for are the fans. Nobody deserves that level of intolerable cruelty & annual disappointment. 

Tyrod Taylor has had flashes of brilliance, but he's not gonna make the Browns a contender in their division or anything. Is he gonna be a 1 yr bridge for whatever starting QB Cleveland drafts? Sounds like it. 

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's a "grass is always greener" kind of thing, because Brissett isn't better than Taylor. But I get why the Bills wouldn't want to pay Tyrod $16m in 2018, especially if they are working on moving up to get their guy in this draft, which I think they are.

I wish one of their 1sts was a little higher.. I mean, future 1sts could be in play as well, but if we were to trade with them , I’d like at least one top 15 for certain.

19 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Dorsey was the GM for the Chiefs when they traded for Alex smith, when everyone thought he was a bust. He then invested a lot of picks on defense(berry, Hali, Johnson, peters, ford,Poe) don't rule out Chubb at one. 

Why would they need to do that? Theyve got Miles Garrett, Jamie Collins and the other young boy they drafted Emmanuel Ogbah. Then youre left without Barkley. You could only get a QB from there at 4 because Barkley wont be there. I dont think that will happen mostly because you dont bring in a Tyrod Taylor unless you plan on leaning on your ground game. I think the Browns would wait until the 2nd round or later to address any pass rush issues. Or trade back into the bottom of the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

So, what will NYG do at #2?

Your guess is good as mine. I've got a buddy that's a die hard Giants fan, he was set on Barkley ( even though he's against taking rbs that high, we had to agree to disagree about Dallas taking Elliot in 2016). Giants oline is bad and their pass rush isn't what it once was. Free agency will clean a lot of things up. Really think we'll get a better view this time next week.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

So, what will NYG do at #2?

QB or Nelson i think. If they do QB i dont think it will be Mayfield though. Chubb is a possibility but just looking at their situation I think they also may elect to address pass rush later on. They haven't given any indication they are getting rid of JPP or Vernon. Should be able to add somebody like Key at the top of round 2 possibly. If I'm wrong then that's when I think Ballard would take a trade back offer. In the case that Barkley and Chubb are gone.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

So this looks like that will be the end of the Barkley Cult on this forum. Somewhere Jshipp and the crew are kicking themselves!

haha I've never been affiliated with a cult before. Is the kool aid tasty? Just joking! I just wanted to protect Luck's shoulder by handing off the ball more who can move safeties in the box on run support & open up the play action pass with easier reads for Luck. 

It's all good man. I know a proven pass rusher like Chubb is essential to our club as well. I realize now that selecting a RB that high is dangerous if they don't change the NFL landscape from day 1 & given their short shelf life 4-6 yrs we need a 10-12 yr enforcer on defense. I make mistakes but I can be enlightened by sound reasoning thanks to regulars like yourself who show me the light. Yeah, I know I'm stubborn but not beyond hope. LOL!