Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Campbell to get Interview

1959Colts

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Ballard is a first time gm still in that grey area so his success remains to be seen. If this is who Irsay really wants then take a page from Kraft and GET YOUR GUY because at the end of the day it's your team.

Oh, that would be grand /s. Last time Jimbo was making decisions we ended up with Big Sweaty and Don Knotts.

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

These quotes are encouraging:

“No. 1, I think he’s a real good teacher,” (Sean) Payton said, before adding, “I think he’s tough. I think he’s extremely talented. ... I think he’s someone that will be a head coach in our league.”

“I have really liked working with Dan,” Fleener said. “As a former player, he understands it from a different perspective than a lot of guys do. But he’s also very intelligent and can explain things in a way that is a lot more in-depth than simple X's and O's. He gives a certain reason for why things go on or why we do things this way or that way, which I really appreciate.

“He is very passionate about what he does and I appreciate that. I appreciate the way he approaches his work and the way he approaches the players he’s coaching ... as intelligent men who can be self-sufficient, while giving us the support we need.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/22356/prized-recruit-dan-campbell-makes-presence-felt-as-saints-assistant

Thanks, while Reich is still my personal favorite of the candidates, these type of reports about Campbell are, as you said encouraging, if thats who Ballard goes with. 

Welcome to the board @BeanDiasucci

Love the name! Deaner was my first favorite Colts player...

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I don’t know how plugged in he is and I know most ppl don’t like him. Just want to post this

I am not surprised that Campbell is the 1st, choice.  I thought that all along.  I am also not surprised Manning has advised him to hire Reich.  But I do believe we have an owner who is smart enough not to take away the search from Ballard.  That would ruin their relationship after one year.  In the end they will offer there conclusions But I believe Irsay will let Ballard pick his coach as he should. 

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am not surprised that Campbell is the 1st, choice.  I thought that all along.  I am also not surprised Manning has advised him to hire Reich.  But I do believe we have an owner who is smart enough not to take away the search from Ballard.  That would ruin their relationship after one year.  In the end they will offer there conclusions But I believe Irsay will let Ballard pick his coach as he should. 

Dude, it's Brad Wells

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That is what I feel in TigerTown