Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why

OLD FAN MAN

13 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Seems like a lot of marquee  players are getting hurt this year as the season is going on too

That surely doesn't help the NFL

I agree. Injuries allow new players to have opportunities, but not many are shining though. 

16 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Before they drafted Manning  you saw more Bears crap around Indy than Colts.  I can remember my Dad taking me to games in the mid-80s and wondering where all the Colts stuff was outside.  

The year after the Colts arrived, the Bears won the Super Bowl.  That didn't help.  The Star ran a poll every year and it wasn't until Harbaugh that there were more Colts fans than Bears fans in Indy.

1 hour ago, #12. said:

The year after the Colts arrived, the Bears won the Super Bowl.  That didn't help.  The Star ran a poll every year and it wasn't until Harbaugh that there were more Colts fans than Bears fans in Indy.

Which is why February 4, 2007 is the day we Celebrated Our Independence Day!!!

:) 

2 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I live in NJ too. when ever my wife sees another person wearing Colts gear she says to me, "look, there's the other Colts fan"......

Like we're some kind of extinct bird. Haha.

Mine does the same.

4 hours ago, MackAttack said:

I also live in nj and can truthfully say I’m the only colts fan I know

We're out there.

I was actually at an outlet mall the other day and saw a couple both in Colts gear.

We represent well anytime we're at MetLife.

Losing obviously plays a part...Luck hurt obviously has enthusiasm down, a lot are protesting the league and players (I have Colts helmet and SB memorabilia in my office and I don't know how many f-bombs get dropped over the league this year when last year it was people excited to talk about their favorite team). Personally I don't wear sports gear in public. It's kinda tacky imo. I have one long sleeve shirt and one zip up I wear to games but that's it. I have a couple other sports (hoosier) shirts but it's only for laying around the house. Lots of people love their sports but just don't wear it on their sleeves...literally lol!