Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South title: Jaguars or Titans?

JaguarsWoman

Texans holding strong now at 4-7 after a loss tonight.

Battle to the end this year between the Texans and Colts to see who can finish higher. 

Titans are 7-4 but easily a very uninspiring and weak looking 7-4. Jags just lost to the stinking Cardinals.

I give up.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Jules said:

I'm sorry but it should be a cat in heat.:facepalm: Please.........

Even when I am 100% right he cant give me credit so all I could was laugh and say - Go Titans! Instead of being pulled into a dumb argument and then being called insecure I took the highroad. Some people you just cant debate with and some you can, he isn't one you can lmao 

18 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

With all teams at full health, Jaguars are the superior team in this division.  As it stands right now with injuries taken into consideration, they are still the superior team.

We will see, Titans beat them by 21 points at Jacksonville already so they hold the tiebreaker. Both teams play against each other, last game of the season at Tennessee. As of now I put my money on Tennessee. I don't trust Blake Bortles at all in any big game. Tennessee could even lose 1 more game at this point and still win the Division if they beat the Jags on the last day because they have the tiebreaker.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see, Titans beat them by 21 points at Jacksonville already so they hold the tiebreaker. Both teams play against each other, last game of the season at Tennessee. As of now I put my money on Tennessee. I don't trust Blake Bortles at all in any big game. Tennessee could even lose 1 more game at this point and still win the Division if they beat the Jags on the last day because they have the tiebreaker.

Yes, agreed.  That is the one sticking point I have with Jacksonville.....and it's a big one.  To me it seems like Jax ceiling is just higher than Tenn though, but they are very inconsistent.  I can't get the taste out of my mouth of how badly a mediocre (at the time, now they are the worst team in the division) Houston team beat Tenn, and how Tenn looked equal to a bad Colts team just a few days ago.  Whereas Jacksonville blew both those teams out.  But, as you say, Tenn beat Jax handily already.....in Jax. 

That last day matchup may very well determine the division.  The AFC South is as bad as ever if one of those 2 teams are the best this division has to offer

On 11/28/2017 at 5:36 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even when I am 100% right he cant give me credit so all I could was laugh and say - Go Titans! Instead of being pulled into a dumb argument and then being called insecure I took the highroad. Some people you just cant debate with and some you can, he isn't one you can lmao 

Well seeing how you conveniently quoted the first to last of my posts instead of the last post where I came back and acknowledged that I might have called it a little early...and how you jumped on it so dang hard. I know you were excited after all the times I've owned you on here but jeeze.

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Well seeing how you conveniently quoted the first to last of my posts instead of the last post where I came back and acknowledged that I might have called it a little early...and how you jumped on it so dang hard. I know you were excited after all the times I've owned you on here but jeeze.

Owned lmao. The only thing we have ever really debated on here is whether or not Denver would've won the SB without Peyton in 2015. I get called insecure because I don't think they would've. You think they would've and that is your opinion but I just dont believe Brock would've got it done against the Pats.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:36 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Owned lmao. The only thing we have ever really debated on here is whether or not Denver would've won the SB without Peyton in 2015. I get called insecure because I don't think they would've. You think they would've and that is your opinion but I just dont believe Brock would've got it done against the Pats.

Yeah that's it...that's the only Peyton Manning topic you've busted a screw lose in.

On 11/27/2017 at 11:58 PM, Jules said:

Texans holding strong now at 4-7 after a loss tonight.

Battle to the end this year between the Texans and Colts to see who can finish higher. 

Titans are 7-4 but easily a very uninspiring and weak looking 7-4. Jags just lost to the stinking Cardinals.

I give up.

Jacksonville lost the game the way it often does: a stupid Blake Bortles turnover .Doug Marrone blamed himself for his decision to throw on second down later in the game, but throws into double coverage being caught by the wrong guys are way too familar for Jaguars fans.

The Texans will finish higher.b They already beat the Colts.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:56 AM, JaguarsWoman said:

Jacksonville lost the game the way it often does: a stupid Blake Bortles turnover .Doug Marrone blamed himself for his decision to throw on second down later in the game, but throws into double coverage being caught by the wrong guys are way too familar for Jaguars fans.

The Texans will finish higher.b They already beat the Colts.

they did not beat the colts.  other way around

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Jaguars are definitely winning the division. They bought a dominant defense. I think they will be one and done though unless Bortles somehow turns into 2012 Joe Flacco. 

I think Titans will win the Division because it will come down to the last game and I trust Mariota much more than Bortles. That game is at Tennessee as well. Titans already beat them at Jacks.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because Jacks has never won the AFC South since the realignment in 2002, that is 15 seasons. I would almost bet the Titans find a way to steal this Division haha 

I don't know man. The streak has to end sometimes. The Jags and Titans are different teams than they were in the first game. I know he's been hurt but Mariota has been inconsistent lately. 

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know man. The streak has to end sometimes. The Jags and Titans are different teams than they were in the first game. I know he's been hurt but Mariota has been inconsistent lately. 

It should be a close finish but the Titans have the tiebreaker so they could even screw up and lose 1 more game than Jacks at this point and still be ok. They have Jacks at home last game of the season. It will be interesting to say the least.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It should be a close finish but the Titans have the tiebreaker so they could even screw up and lose 1 more game than Jacks at this point and still be ok. They have Jacks at home last game of the season. It will be interesting to say the least.

Tennessee only has the tiebreaker if they sweep Jacksonville.

12 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

LOL I don't know who AM is, but since suffering his original shoulder injury Andrew has sucked. Sorry, Colts fans.

Statistically and record wise he hasn't sucked. He was 8-7 last season as a starter and threw for 31 TD's and only 13INT's + over 4200 Yards. He also beat your Jags in the last game of the season. Andrew had Pro Bowl numbers, you need to re-think what the real problem with the Colts was. It was our Defense.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Statistically and record wise he hasn't sucked. He was 8-7 last season as a starter and threw for 31 TD's and only 13INT's + over 4200 Yards. He also beat your Jags in the last game of the season. Andrew had Pro Bowl numbers, you need to re-think what the real problem with the Colts was. It was our Defense.

Actually I was going back to the 2015 season. That was when he became injury-prone.

On 1.12.2017 at 1:46 AM, JaguarsWoman said:

LOL I don't know who AM is, but since suffering his original shoulder injury Andrew has sucked. Sorry, Colts fans.

Last season was his best season, or at least comparable to his 2014 season. Either he's always sucked or hasn't sucked since his original shoulder injury.

Not really injury prone either, since he's only had two major injuries. Borderline miracle with the line he's had, his style of play and not avoiding hits/not sliding when taking off.

Andrew Luck is 1 more bad break away from sucking like Archie Manning or Phillip Rivers. He might suck but it's in spite of how good he is.

Ok maybe not 1 more bad break but the Colts need to either get it together or he needs to bolt if he ever wants to reach his potential.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Andrew Luck is 1 more bad break away from sucking like Archie Manning or Phillip Rivers. He might suck but it's in spite of how good he is.

Ok maybe not 1 more bad break but the Colts need to either get it together or he needs to bolt if he ever wants to reach his potential.

You aren't suckering me on this one, otherwise I will have to bring Peyton up. Damn just did :sarcasm: Luck will be fine, I wish people would have more patience and just see what happens next season.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looks like both will make the Playoffs is what is funny. 1 will win the Division and the other a WildCard lmao 

How terrible is that? My Goodness........the one year we fall to the gutter and two AFC South teams might make it in.

:facepalm:

I still trust the Jaguars though more for the postseason........

Jags have won a playoff game in Pittsburgh before too, I remember that. Sometimes they can suprise you once in a blue moon.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

How terrible is that? My Goodness........the one year we fall to the gutter and two AFC South teams might make it in.

:facepalm:

I still trust the Jaguars though more for the postseason........

Jags have won a playoff game in Pittsburgh before too, I remember that. Sometimes they can suprise you once in a blue moon.

Both will get creamed come Playoff time IMO. At least when we made it in we usually won a game and represented well. What would be hilarious is, if the Jags and Titans played in the Playoffs vs each other. That is possible lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Both will get creamed come Playoff time IMO. At least when we made it in we usually won a game and represented well. What we would be hilarious is if the Jags and Titans played in the Playoffs vs each other. That is possible lmao 

One of them might have an outside shot since the AFC West is really shaky. Personally am hoping San Diego gets in now since the Chiefs are falling apart.

Rivers is one QB who I could pull for big time in the AFC and he can't be counted out either.

Problem is someone from the South likely will end up playing in New England. Doesn't this always happen? One of us sorry AFC South slobs ends up there to get beaten down and humiliated? It's been us or Houston most recent years but the Jags/Titans are due again for a trip to playoff Brady land.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

One of them might have an outside shot since the AFC West is really shaky. Personally am hoping San Diego gets in now since the Chiefs are falling apart.

Rivers is one QB who I could pull for big time in the AFC and he can't be counted out either.

The 1st round matchup could be Titans vs Jags though depending on seedings lmao 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Problem is someone from the South likely will end up playing in New England. Doesn't this always happen? One of us sorry AFC South slobs ends up there to get beaten down and humiliated? It's been us or Houston most recent years but the Jags/Titans are due again for a trip to playoff Brady land.

If Brady plays Jags or Titans that is a Bye week for him haha 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Brady plays Jags or Titans that is a Bye week for him haha 

Unless the Jags can sack him a ton or something but even then they would still lose. I hate how the league looks right now, absolutely hate it. Can anyone control New England? Brady is 40 years old and it's starting to look so creepy even how young he looks.:scratch:

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You aren't suckering me on this one, otherwise I will have to bring Peyton up. Damn just did :sarcasm: Luck will be fine, I wish people would have more patience and just see what happens next season.

Here's a little piece of information, I'm not quite as obsessed with you as you are with me.