Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Halfway Mark (2-6)

BlueShoe

I believe we will finish 2-14, but I'm not ruling out that we could pull off an upset somewhere. I think we have an outside chance against Tennessee (at home), but without Andrew Luck then I don't see us beating anyone else. 

We have played the easy part of the schedule. Brace for the ending folks! Going to be tough sledding. 

Here comes the pain!

@ Houston
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Jacksonville
@Buffalo
Denver
@Baltimore
Houston

If we do lose the next 3 games then I think there's a good chance Chuck Pagano will not be coaching this team for any game in the month of December.

With the third pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select (or trade)....

17 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

you can almost guarantee a loss from pitt and texans and a healthy mariota titans....

If that happens then I think Chuck is gone. 

People say it is not like Jim Irsay to make an in-season move, but I think he will do it. Jim Irsay as the GM, fired Ron Meyer mid-season, and Rick Venturi was the interim to finish out 1991. 

I think firing Chuck at the end of November makes sense. We can make a clean break and not scramble at the end of the season. We will have time to semi-openly pursue a replacement without it being tacky. 

Im not sure I can confidently call any of those games a win if Luck isn’t playing this year (looking less and less likely). For arguments sake, 1 win slips through. We’re 3-13. That’s the 3rd/4th overall pick, a new coaching staff a further roster churn and the 2nd/3rd most cap space in the league. Good offseason in my opinion.

5 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Im not sure I can confidently call any of those games a win if Luck isn’t playing this year (looking less and less likely). For arguments sake, 1 win slips through. We’re 3-13. That’s the 3rd/4th overall pick, a new coaching staff a further roster churn and the 2nd/3rd most cap space in the league. Good offseason in my opinion.

Yep. Over the next 6 months, Ballard will has some room to succeed and also some room to fail. Lots of very important long-term decisions to be made for this franchise in a short period of time.