Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd Gurley not a fan of International NFL games.

RockThatBlue

Being in Los Angeles they have to travel almost 11,000 total miles for this 1 game.  You almost need to leave Monday with all the time changes to get your body use to that and then start practicing.  Then leave immediately after the game and get back into the swing of things for your next game (hopefully its at home).  There have been players that have said they did not like this and I agree.  Plus as a fan we are shorted one game (if we are the home team).  IDK I do not like it!

23 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Being in Los Angeles they have to travel almost 11,000 total miles for this 1 game.  You almost need to leave Monday with all the time changes to get your body use to that and then start practicing.  Then leave immediately after the game and get back into the swing of things for your next game (hopefully its at home).  There have been players that have said they did not like this and I agree.  Plus as a fan we are shorted one game (if we are the home team).  IDK I do not like it!

Agree with this. I'm not much of a fan of it.

All comments are valid as long as you understand that it doesn't matter whether present-day players, coaches or fans like it or not.   Its a business move long range for the future.

So is the upcoming game in Mexico..

Europe is questionable to me. I would very much like to see the NFL in Mexico. Soon.

But again. It does not matter what I think.   They've already said these games will continue.

mo money mo money mo money :cash:

They won't stop until they die.

If you want to grow your sport internationally, at least show them a good product, and Minnesota vs Browns is for the sewers.. Mexico gets a nice game. But Poor London gets to see crap after crap after crap. Hopefully next year the AFC north plays the NFC west so we can give London the Browns vs 49ers! :thmup:

Mexico City actually makes some sense because it's plausible that there could be an NFL team there.  The time zones arn't that different.

London on the other hand, while the atmosphere is great there, I'm not sure what the long term plan is there?  An NFL team in London?  The time zone change would create all sorts of issues.  They would have the biggest homefield advantage in the NFL while having the biggest visiting disadvantage in the NFL because of timezones and jet-lag.

Trying to re-open an NFL Europe which the NFL could use as a minor league might be an idea but they have to get people on board not only in London but in several major cities in Europe.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now