Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some thoughts post browns

myic90

1. Once Luck returns, I think we'll have the best 1-2 QB after new england. Can't think of another franchise with a better 1-2 situation, maybe bengals are close. I've been that impressed with Brissett in his 2 games.

2. How is it that TY goes berserk anytime he proclaims something to the media? Happened last year with chargers, now with browns, with the seahawks before that. It's puzzling. But he was magnificent today. Need this version of TY every week if we're gonna win this division. Speaking of which,

3. Jaguars annihilated the impressive ravens, Texans almost beat pats in fox, and titans beat the mighty seahawks. I'm nervous for our prospects in the division. We'll need to play well for 60 mins and that means..

4. We need to step on the damn opponent's throats. Why in the hell should a whole fanbase nervously wait with bated breath whenever we have a lead? It's like no lead is safe with Pagano at the helm. Absolutely horrendous play calling in the 4th quarter. How many times are we going to lose playing not to lose before the coaches pull their heads out of their *?

5. Our defense looked good until down the stretch. Ballard promised a high turnover defense and so far with 4 picks in 3 games, we're on track. I think we had 8 from 16 last year. Hopefully the trend continues! Hooker with another pick, now has 2 in 2 started. Melvin with his 1st career pick soon followed it up with another. Hairston has locked up the slot position, and green's off the field, which is fantastic. Once Wilson and Davis come back, we'll actually have good CB play with depth. If and when geathers comes back, I can't wait to see a pairing of him and Hooker at the back end. With farley and butler backing that up, our safety corps are also impressive.

6. Our D-line was great today as well, but our LBs were anything but. Simon and Sheard played well, but our ilbs struggled mightily through the whole game I felt. We'll still need a legit pass rusher, and i'm not certain we'll have a high enough pick for Key or Landry. Who knows? Run defense was ok although the browns didn't run much given their deficit. Duke Johnson still slashed us and I'm disappointed we still struggle to cover nifty RBs. like riddick from last season, etc in space.

7. Didn't pay too much attention to the O-line, but Castanzo was good from what I saw. Vujnovich stepped on brissettt twice, that's bad. And bond took a step back from last 2 weeks. Mewhort needs to play better if he wants his big contract. Have no comments on haeg.

8. Moncrief played so so, apart from 2 big catches, didn't really notice him too much. Like mewhort, needs to step up if he wants his no.2 wr contract. Bray played well in PR and spot WR duty. They all blocked well for each other and for Gore from what I saw, so kudos to Lal and crew.

9. Turbo and Gore tried their best against an underrated browns front 7. But 92 yards at 2.5 a pop was disappointing. Not sure how they'll improve vs a ferocious seattle front 7, at their nest. We'll see.

10. Coaching was poor, as we have come to expect. 10 or 11 penalties, little to no half-time or in game adjustments, atrociously conservative play calling down the stretch. Sigh. But we somehow didn't snatch defeat from the mouth of victory, and so here we are! 1-2 tied for 2nd with the texans. Titans and Jags are tied for 1 with 2-1 records.

11. Rumours that Luck will be back at practice this week and ready for a week 6 appearance vs the titans! Let's see how that plays out.

Very good post, thanks for sharing.

Couple of follow ups from me.

I couldn't decide from watching the Jags game whether they were great or Ravens were really poor.  Probably a bit of both, but the Ravens really were not the Ravens we have seen this season.  Fully agree this division will be a much tougher prospect than in previous years.  No automatic wins but I am sure we were only .500 in the division last year so room to improve.

The o-line still has its problems (some frustrating penalties early on) but, as you say, Costanzo wasn't the issue this week.  PFF had him as the second highest rated offensive player (after Jacoby).  I really hope Kelly coming back in with his leadership and game knowledge (feels like he has been here for years already) will help out.

The dream is we get to week 6 with Luck, Kelly and Vontae out there and we will see just how good the team is.

The Colts are a very young team and a lot of these guys are playing together for the first time.

We suffered some crucial injuries during pre season and lost a few key players.

Andrew Luck being one of them.

Pagano is our coach and I think he's an absolute joke for an NFL coach.

Ballard brought in some guys who play hard, and are making significant strides ever single week.

If this team can stay healthy in 2018 and nail the draft and free agency.. they could make a strong push deep into the playoffs.

But they need to cut ties with Pagano.

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Very good post, thanks for sharing.

Couple of follow ups from me.

I couldn't decide from watching the Jags game whether they were great or Ravens were really poor.  Probably a bit of both, but the Ravens really were not the Ravens we have seen this season.  Fully agree this division will be a much tougher prospect than in previous years.  No automatic wins but I am sure we were only .500 in the division last year so room to improve.

The o-line still has its problems (some frustrating penalties early on) but, as you say, Costanzo wasn't the issue this week.  PFF had him as the second highest rated offensive player (after Jacoby).  I really hope Kelly coming back in with his leadership and game knowledge (feels like he has been here for years already) will help out.

The dream is we get to week 6 with Luck, Kelly and Vontae out there and we will see just how good the team is.

I know this is just an excuse and the jags played great. But the jags have gone to London a few times already and the ravens have not. You try playing a football game at 8 am or whatever it was. I don't honestly know if that's the reason the ravens played so poorly but that's my guess 

20 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

I know this is just an excuse and the jags played great. But the jags have gone to London a few times already and the ravens have not. You try playing a football game at 8 am or whatever it was. I don't honestly know if that's the reason the ravens played so poorly but that's my guess 

This is the Jags 5th game in London (I believe), so they are well used to the traveling and the preparation it takes. The Ravens have never played in an international game until yesterday. I think another big part of that was the Ravens injuries and the sheer amount of them, especially Marshall Yanda. The Ravens will start to fall apart as the year goes on, but that Jax defense is also no joke.

1 hour ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

The Colts are a very young team and a lot of these guys are playing together for the first time.

We suffered some crucial injuries during pre season and lost a few key players.

Andrew Luck being one of them.

Pagano is our coach and I think he's an absolute joke for an NFL coach.

Ballard brought in some guys who play hard, and are making significant strides ever single week.

If this team can stay healthy in 2018 and nail the draft and free agency.. they could make a strong push deep into the playoffs.

But they need to cut ties with Pagano.

Odds say a coaching switch means no deep push into they playoffs or no playoffs for that matter .Most likely a loosing season follows .  

2 hours ago, MackAttack said:

I think the London trip had a lot to do with it.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Watching Pagano on the sidle lines it always appears he is looking everywhere as he's asking "what are we doing now guys?" Compare him to other coaches that just appear to be looking at the play field in a calm manner it is troubling.

Then you have calm Bill O'Brien looking everywhere with 13 seconds left in the game, ball on the 50 and the clock running against the Patriots "what are we doing now guys, should I call a timeout?   No.  Let's wait until there are 3 seconds left.  Then I'll call a timeout,  I'll be just calm and cool.  Now there's a coach.