Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts On Red Bryant At De For The New 3-4?

The Peytonator

He's a big dude; 6'4 320 lbs, and he is a monster against the run. Since the 3-4 seems to be the route we're heading, does anyone think he would make for a quality free agent pickup? Not sure if Seattle has plans to resign him or not though, but I don't see him getting a huge contract. I bet he could play in a 1 or 2 gap scheme, depending on what Pagano implements.

He's a big dude; 6'4 320 lbs, and he is a monster against the run. Since the 3-4 seems to be the route we're heading, does anyone think he would make for a quality free agent pickup? Not sure if Seattle has plans to resign him or not though, but I don't see him getting a huge contract. I bet he could play in a 1 or 2 gap scheme, depending on what Pagano implements.

I guess he had a pretty nice year last season.... did the Seahawks play any 3-4?

I didn't get to watch them very much but I know Pete Carroll used to flex the USC defense between the 4-3 and the 3-4.

Colts will need new pieces if a potential 3-4 is going to have any chance to succeed. Red Bryant is a possibilty for the defensive line. As is Cory Redding. Ravens have a number of contract situations to adress, and my guess is that Redding is going to be available (at least for an offer). Redding is fantastic against the run and provides a good pass rush as well (4,5 sacks in 2011), and Pagano has worked with him before.

I do know the Hawks tried to have him play DT alongside Mebane, and for whatever reason it didn't work. They moved to end and he dominated from that position. They were pretty much strictly a 4-3, but just based on his size I imagine he has the strength to play in a 2 gap scheme, although I don't think we'll be a 2 gap scheme. I see us as more of a Bud Ryan 1 gap 3-4. I also like Anderson in a 3-4 too, but you gotta have more than just two players.

A DE tandem of Red Bryant, Fili Moala, and Jamaal Anderson, with a NT tandem of Nevis and Matthews would work for me.

are you sure we are gonna play 3-4?

pagano said hes going to implement the raven defense into the colts game plans. but who knows. and i really dont care aslong as he makes their defense better. they need to get away from that speed defense especially in the front 7 where they need to get bigger so they can stop the run. let the DB's and safeties handle the passing game.

pagano said hes going to implement the raven defense into the colts game plans. but who knows. and i really dont care aslong as he makes their defense better. they need to get away from that speed defense especially in the front 7 where they need to get bigger so they can stop the run. let the DB's and safeties handle the passing game.

I am all for it. I am glad Pagano is here. Always liked what he does and his character. Finally we will see aggressive play calling on D and not being content with that mediocre prevent cover 2 we been playing for years.

I am all for it. I am glad Pagano is here. Always liked what he does and his character. Finally we will see aggressive play calling on D and not being content with that mediocre prevent cover 2 we been playing for years.

yeah that tampa 2 defense has hurt the colts when it came to the run game. and it never really worked well against brady. im hoping pagano can lure some big guys into indy especially in the front 7. dont get me wrong i love watching freeney and mathis, but as they get older it doesnt hurt to draft bigger guys. especially in the LB position. I just dont see anyway to match what brackett had offered when he first walked on to the colts

Seattle played a hybrid 5-2 front at times, Red played DT and DE. When everyone wanted Mebane I wanted Bryant, he is a versitle all around talented player. Need I say did u see his pick six? I wanted him last year, I still want him this year.

Yeah lol, it's not often you see a 320 lb man take one to the house.

If we don't want him at DE/DT we could maybe bring him in to play CB. We need more help there than on the line now that I think about it.

I don't think Seattle will be letting him go though. He proved to be very valuable on their line and Seattle is like 40 mil under the cap. No way they let him walk.

Yeah lol, it's not often you see a 320 lb man take one to the house.

If we don't want him at DE/DT we could maybe bring him in to play CB. We need more help there than on the line now that I think about it.

I don't think Seattle will be letting him go though. He proved to be very valuable on their line and Seattle is like 40 mil under the cap. No way they let him walk.

Imagine him in bump and run coverage. He would have a nasty punch off the line and would be the most dominant cb in man to man coverage for the first five yards, then you would need immediate over the top help! lmao

Seattle has to resign two if their starting linebackers, and they will be after a pass rusher and qb in free agency, plus they need to resign lynch, red may fall down the list of priorities, much like redding, grubs, and McKinney in Baltimore.

Imagine him in bump and run coverage. He would have a nasty punch off the line and would be the most dominant cb in man to man coverage for the first five yards, then you would need immediate over the top help! lmao

Seattle has to resign two if their starting linebackers, and they will be after a pass rusher and qb in free agency, plus they need to resign lynch, red may fall down the list of priorities, much like redding, grubs, and McKinney in Baltimore.

I would love to get Grubbs. Top 10 guard in the league when healthy, if Bmore let's him go I hope Grigson takes a look at him. Redding would be good if he's cheap, but if we went free agency I'd rather go after Bunkley if Denver lets him go.

I would love to get Grubbs. Top 10 guard in the league when healthy, if Bmore let's him go I hope Grigson takes a look at him. Redding would be good if he's cheap, but if we went free agency I'd rather go after Bunkley if Denver lets him go.

Bunkley isn't a 3-4 DE type player. Redding and Red are..

No but he's excellent at getting penetration in his gap. One of the best in the league. We won't be running a 2 gap scheme, it will most likely be a 1 gap/Wade Phillips type 3-4.

Dline with Bunkley, Nevis, and Moala would be stout.

Minus Moala, and put Abrayo Franklin at NT. plus Denver will resign him, is latest buzz.