Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota vs New Orleans

dgambill

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yeah, I saw that. What did he expect? I would not be surprised if he is unceremoniously cut if that continues.

Yeah NO doesn't owe him anything...honestly it was a bad signing if you ask me...this new NFL where the backs are used so much in passing game he is just limited in how he can be used. Maybe a team with a power back situation like Tennessee but they are pretty loaded so I don't know where he would fit.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah NO doesn't owe him anything...honestly it was a bad signing if you ask me...this new NFL where the backs are used so much in passing game he is just limited in how he can be used. Maybe a team with a power back situation like Tennessee but they are pretty loaded so I don't know where he would fit.

I thought he would go to the Raiders.

Adrian Peterson should've never been signed to begin with....and to any Saints fans on Twitter saying he needs more carries, NO...He's washed up and done...and I'm praying he gets cut tomorrow...I didn't want him on this team to begin with, and have had to endure an entire summer of fans who used to laugh at him for being a fumble machine take a complete .360 spin and start defending him as if he is Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles. They crossed the line with defending child abuse...he didn't even play a single game for us and fans were treating him like he has rushing records for us.

Any quarterback can look like Tom Brady against the Saints, so Sam Bradford owes us for making him look like god tonight...I am so looking forward to next week when a 40 year old Brady is going to look like he's 30 years old again playing against our defense that hasn't changed a bit. Fun times!!

1 minute ago, Synthetic said:

Adrian Peterson should've never been signed to begin with....and to any Saints fans on Twitter saying he needs more carries, NO...He's washed up and done...and I'm praying he gets cut tomorrow...I didn't want him on this team to begin with, and have had to endure an entire summer of fans who used to laugh at him for being a fumble machine take a complete .360 spin and start defending him as if he is Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles. They crossed the line with defending child abuse...he didn't even play a single game for us and fans were treating him like he has rushing records for us.

Any quarterback can look like Tom Brady against the Saints, so Sam Bradford owes us for making him look like god tonight...I am so looking forward to next week when a 40 year old Brady is going to look like he's 30 years old again playing against our defense that hasn't changed a bit. Fun times!!

It would be a 180 spin.   A 360 would put you right back where you started. 

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I thought he would go to the Raiders.

With Marshawn absolutely obliterating people the other day I don't see a lot of need there but yeah before the season that would have been a good option. Did you see Lynch like literally bowling over the Titans DL...he liked trunked this 300 lb plus guy.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

With Marshawn absolutely obliterating people the other day I don't see a lot of need there but yeah before the season that would have been a good option. Did you see Lynch like literally bowling over the Titans DL...he liked trunked this 300 lb plus guy.

I did see that.

Before Lynch signed there, I thought Peterson might work out there. The Raidets have a good OL and it seemed like he would be a good fit. But Lynch is an even better fit and he is younger. 

Some say AP should come to NY (Giants). I don't think that will work. 

2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

I enjoyed this game. Sam Bradford was stellar. I wonder what will happen if he continues playing like this and Bridgewater comes back ready to play this season...

I don't want to think about it. haha

What do you think of Watson being named starter in Houston?

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't want to think about it. haha

What do you think of Watson being named starter in Houston?

Wow, you're my first source of that little tidbit there haha I'm not opposed to it. I didn't get to see the whole game itself but I hate how it takes a blowout for O'Brien to suddenly see what needed to be done in the first place. -__-

13 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Wow, you're my first source of that little tidbit there haha I'm not opposed to it. I didn't get to see the whole game itself but I hate how it takes a blowout for O'Brien to suddenly see what needed to be done in the first place. -__-

lol didn't he do the same thing with Hoyer and Mallet a couple years ago? "This guy is our starter going into the season".. changes his mind 30 mins into the season. Poor O'Brien.. Poor Hopkins.. he loved Savage. I don't feel bad for the Texans though.. oh well..

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol didn't he do the same thing with Hoyer and Mallet a couple years ago? "This guy is our starter going into the season".. changes his mind 30 mins into the season. Poor O'Brien.. Poor Hopkins.. he loved Savage. I don't feel bad for the Texans though.. oh well..

I'm sure Hop will love whoever gets him the ball. O'Brien should do better when it comes to naming and sticking with a QB, but it seems there's a curse at the position. Hopefully Watson is the savior. 

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

I'm sure Hop will love whoever gets him the ball. O'Brien should do better when it comes to naming and sticking with a QB, but it seems there's a curse at the position. Hopefully Watson is the savior. 

Well I only said poor Hopkins because he expressed his high praise for Savage. During training camp. But we'll see about Watson, I could care less if the Texans are good or not. They just need to win week 3!

18 hours ago, Qwiz said:

I think they wanted to bring Watson along a bit before throwing him out there but after they gave up 10 sacks its clear they need a more mobile qb right now to avoid getting him hurt. Honestly I wouldn't throw a rookie behind center with the problems they have...just going to develop bad habits and hurt his confidence....that said they are playing to win now so they are going to go with the guy with the biggest upside.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

NFLfan said-

He sure looks like that.

CBFL said...

He's a bum, and I've always said he would be a bum...

:P

Lol. I never said he is a bum. He had a great game. After what happened last year, I am not going to go crazy after one game. But he looks better. Let's see what happens in Pittsburgh this coming Sunday.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I never said he is a bum. He had a great game. After what happened last year, I am not going to go crazy after one game. But he looks better. Let's see what happens in Pittsburgh this coming Sunday.

Added one line in an edit above..   ^^^   

I should have made myself clearer!  I've known you've had doubts, and I haven't, though. I think if the O line stays healthy and D. Cook proves to be the top tier RB he is projected, the Vikes have a great chance.  i mentioned last year your O line and running game will decide Bradford's fate.  Those broke down, and defenses could focus on clamping down on the deeper passes and easily bottle up the run game.  That means D's were prepared to defend against the Viking offense the second half of the year. 

I stick with my assessment.  If Minnesota O line stays healthy, and even gels together, and Dalvin Cook continues to flash and improve, then the Vikings will be a very tough opponent for anybody.  and Sam can push the ball downfield when given time and receivers can run sharp routes and create a window (even really tight one).  Bradford can throw them open, he is that accurate.  Just keep Sam's jersey clean, create some lanes for Cook, the rest will take care of itself. I feel your team will have a much better season than ours.  But I am happy with the changes Colts have, and continue to make.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Added one line in an edit above..   ^^^   

I should have made myself clearer!  I've known you've had doubts, and I haven't, though. I think if the O line stays healthy and D. Cook proves to be the top tier RB he is projected, the Vikes have a great chance.  i mentioned last year your O line and running game will decide Bradford's fate.  Those broke down, and defenses could focus on clamping down on the deeper passes and easily bottle up the run game.  That means D's were prepared to defend against the Viking offense the second half of the year. 

I stick with my assessment.  If Minnesota O line stays healthy, and even gels together, and Dalvin Cook continues to flash and improve, then the Vikings will be a very tough opponent for anybody.  and Sam can push the ball downfield when given time and receivers can run sharp routes and create a window (even really tight one).  Bradford can throw them open, he is that accurate.  Just keep Sam's jersey clean, create some lanes for Cook, the rest will take care of itself. I feel your team will have a much better season than ours.  But I am happy with the changes Colts have, and continue to make.

Indeed...he was the most accurate qb in nfl history last year....he was very very accurate at Oklahoma and even in STL early...keeping him healthy and upright has been an issue everywhere he has been. He can't throw on the move...he is not mobile...if you let him stand there like a statue ala Peyton Manning he will drop it in the basket 9/10. If you get pressure in his face or make him move off his spot he becomes very very below avg. NFLFAN is right...he has not shown a whole lot in those types of instances. Keeping the pocket clean etc should be every teams goal but we all know its very difficult endeavor....most qbs will light you up with a clean pocket...Sam even more so....but he IS limited even compared to someone like a Tom Brady or Drew Brees who can move about in the pocket and buy time and still be super accurate....much less someone like an Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson who are much more mobile and can throw on the move with high accuracy. Sam I think would have been a great qb a generation ago when OL protection was something you saw with extreme importance but in the new nfl and these crappy college offensive lineman coming out who have never had to win at the point of attack..push a defender back or protect for more than 1 read in a spead offense Sam will be lucky to experience pass protection like the other night. There is just fewer and fewer NFL OL prospects ready to come in and contribute right away...especially at LT. Most college programs just aren't running a pro style offense that teaches and builds these types of players.