Colts trade with Jets

TKnight24

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I just think Martin is more of a traditional safety and had more experience there in college. People are saying Martin has an unimpressive resume but it's only his 2nd year in the NFL. He played on a Jets team that had Gilchrist and Pryor. He wasn't going to see the field often. Plus if Matthias Farley who has a mere 11 career tackles to his name (and is also an UDFA) is ahead of Green, I can't imagine it'd be hard for Martin to jump him.

lmao ......What ???? Wow. So.......You haven't been watching Farley play ? LOL... Yeah its preseason, but that has nothing to do with it. You can see him developing into a really good, all around safety who's all over the field and in on every play. He's shown all the instincts, he's shown he can make plays, he's a playmaker. He's pretty fast and he hits hard. He's good coming down vs the run, he can blitz like a maniac, he can cover, he can do it all. I'm telling you right now. He could very easily be our SS the next several seasons. Like I said. We've seen the skill set, we've seen how far he's come along in a year. Also, remember he was a major playmaker at Notre Dame. Its just now starting to translate to the NFL. He's budding if you will. He's putting it all together, and becoming a stud. I mean we're potentially looking at a true play making S who can cover really well, tackle well, fly all over the field, come down and stop the ball carrier, play the run well in general, blitz, everything. He's always around the ball and in on so many plays.. And he has killer instincts and that hardcore mentality. Tough guy you know. He'll come down and lay somebody out, bat down pass after pass, get some picks, some FF's, and just absolutely knock somebodies lights out lol. He was all over the place against Pittsburgh. Their starters btw. I think he's legit. Martin may not even make the team. Assuming Hooker's back he'll have to prove himself this week, but he's a 4th S and special teamer at most Martin is.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

With benny hill music playing in the background

Benny Hill and Jackie Wright. (the old little bald guy) Fantastic. A lot of people don't know but Benny Hill's show had a lot of nudity before it was edited for the censors here in the USA.

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I keep trying to get a good look at that cat doing the paw up or meow up [I'm not sure what to label it.] But, the pacing sequence there is too darn quick. Anyway, still funny regardless Lolly! 

What do you think Keanu Reeves is saying with his thumbs up? Whoa or Excellent? ["Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" movie joke.] Yeah, I roll with excellent too.

You always post hysterical memes bro just sayin'. 

It was too good not to post...that cat one cracks me up too boss! 

I think the Keanu one is from Point Break (the original.....actually good one) but you're right, it's probably his "whoa" that he always says lol! 

Another Safety actually makes a lot of sense.

Butler moves back to slot (better in the slot, and they need more depth - only Hairston right now) 

TJ Green gets moved to CB (they need depth at CB big time. Esp with Vontae and Quincy out)

Not saying Hooker is injury prone, but he hasn't seen the field much.

Who knows when Geathers will come back, if he ever does. 

I just hope long snapping duties don't suffer. (it is important) 

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Hmmm... new long snapper , AND punter , AND holder?

anyone else worried there might be a keystone cops type play or two this year?

If AV wasn't there I would think you may be correct, but AV will get them in line and he will have them practicing until they get it just the way he wants.

16 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I take it to mean they don't want to play any of the Safeties that will make the team on Thursday.

I could be wrong, but it would be a smart move.  Avoid further injuries.

It's a big reason why there is no intermediate cut down now.  Teams complained that they didn't want to play guys that basically are a lock to make the team in the 4th preseason game but they didn't have any choice because they didn't have many bodies.

I just think Martin is more of a traditional safety and had more experience there in college. People are saying Martin has an unimpressive resume but it's only his 2nd year in the NFL. He played on a Jets team that had Gilchrist and Pryor. He wasn't going to see the field often. Plus if Matthias Farley who has a mere 11 career tackles to his name (and is also an UDFA) is ahead of Green, I can't imagine it'd be hard for Martin to jump him.

lmao ......What ???? Wow. So.......You haven't been watching Farley play ? LOL... Yeah its preseason, but that has nothing to do with it. You can see him developing into a really good, all around safety who's all over the field and in on every play. He's shown all the instincts, he's shown he can make plays, he's a playmaker. He's pretty fast and he hits hard. He's good coming down vs the run, he can blitz like a maniac, he can cover, he can do it all. I'm telling you right now. He could very easily be our SS the next several seasons. Like I said. We've seen the skill set, we've seen how far he's come along in a year. Also, remember he was a major playmaker at Notre Dame. Its just now starting to translate to the NFL. He's budding if you will. He's putting it all together, and becoming a stud. I mean we're potentially looking at a true play making S who can cover really well, tackle well, fly all over the field, come down and stop the ball carrier, play the run well in general, blitz, everything. He's always around the ball and in on so many plays.. And he has killer instincts and that hardcore mentality. Tough guy you know. He'll come down and lay somebody out, bat down pass after pass, get some picks, some FF's, and just absolutely knock somebodies lights out lol. He was all over the place against Pittsburgh. Their starters btw. I think he's legit. Martin may not even make the team. Assuming Hooker's back he'll have to prove himself this week, but he's a 4th S and special teamer at most Martin is.

I think you're a little over the top on your evaluation of Farley. Remember that he was an UDFA for a reason. Sometimes guys like that do slip through the cracks, but rarely.

My real point with that was that Green, who people love raving about is measureables, got outplayed by an UDFA cut by the Cardinals. Isn't that concerning? And TJ has a year of experience in the scheme on him and still got beat out. That's why I'm not putting anything past Martin. He's got upside as well. Plus he can play STs.