Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TJ Green at CB

GusBus24

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/16/2017 at 4:24 PM, Xander said:

Different situations entirely. Collins had great college tape, Green didn't. Collins had the 7th most defensive stops his rookie year, Green definitely didn't. Collins showed flashes his rookie year, Green didn't. 

So no, just because Collins did it, doesn't mean Green can. One was drafted as a football player, the other was drafted as an athlete. 

Its different and I have no idea why Colts fans can't realize that. 

Im not trying to hate on TJ Green, I'm just being unbiased and realistic. 

I think you are being quite bias. Bias against TJ green. As far as I'm concerned TJ has shown more improvement than Dorset has yet gets more hate than anyone on the team. Which I don't quite understand considering how little we have seen of TJ. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

I think you are being quite bias. Bias against TJ green. As far as I'm concerned TJ has shown more improvement than Dorset has yet gets more hate than anyone on the team. Which I don't quite understand considering how little we have seen of TJ. 

He's shown so much improvement that he's trying to learn a different position.. I don't think TJ is a good football player, I just don't. I hope he proves me wrong that'd be awesome.

I haven't talked about Dorsett on these forums in a long time also. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Here's the thing. A lot of us on this board (including me) follow the draft. We know a lot of the players as well as a fan could possibly know them. Just because Grigson drafted him doesn't mean we will automatically defend him at any cost or he gains our respect. He should have to earn respect, from both the coaches, the team, and the fans. To me, he's expendable right now if another player outplays him, regardless of his draft position and that he's a Colt. I want winning football players on the team, if he can't do his job, then he should be gone, and I hope Ballard feels the same way.

I think Green is a safety and will be a safety. I think they tried them at corner because there is a race between him and Tyus Powell for the last safety spot. The coaches might want to keep the one who can play emergency corner if necessary. (They tried Powell at corner as well.)

Nothing wrong with learning two positions.   Versatility has always been something this staff has valued.     He seemed to be more confident of himself in that preseason game and more aware of what is going on.   I'm not going to throw him to the wolves yet.   I think he may be better this year and that will be a good thing for us if so.  Any knock I have on him I will very easily admit I was wrong with a string of consistent performances.   The problem is there are others in this thread who will never do that.   Too much arrogance and pride to just admit a misjudgement.