Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lienart was a hell of a talent but wanted to party it up at USC, made his money in the Pro's and now an analyst. He's had an ideal life haha I would take it. Plus he won 2 National Titles. Was a Great College QB.

I thought he would be a better pro. He was not. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lienart was a hell of a talent but wanted to party it up at USC, made his money in the Pro's and now an analyst. He's had an ideal life haha I would take it. Plus he won 2 National Titles. Was a Great College QB.

USC had a lot of very good QBs. Surprisingly none of them did all that much in the NFL. Mark Sanchez was probably the most successful one.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Cassell was. There was anothet one with the last name Booty. They all were very good QBs for USC. Pretty surprising that none of them really were beasts in the NFL.

I don't remember Booty. Was there a Booty at Louisville?  (Sorry but that sounds funny. Lol. I have to edit it.) 

Who could forget a name like John David Booty, Not John Booty but John David Booty lmao 

I remember the name but I don't associate it with USC. There was this whole family of QBs who were good in college but did nothing in the pros. I thought one or two  played for Louisville. I must have the wrong name.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I remember the name but I don't associate it with USC. There was this whole family of QBs who were good in college but did nothing in the pros. I thought one or two  played for Louisville. I must have the wrong name.

There might've been, but I'm not sure. I think one played for USC.

Remember Robo QB, he didnt even eat a BigMac or Twinkie and trained all day since the age of 7

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

There might've been, but I'm not sure. I think one played for USC.

Remember Robo QB, he didnt even eat a BigMac or Twinkie and trained all day since the age of 7

I looked it up. The name I was thinking of was Brohm. Jeff and Brian Brohm. They played for Louisville. I don't know why they stuck out to me. I never followed Louisville.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Why was he called Robo QB? He played in college before I was following college. The first college I remember is Gino Torreta, Charlie Wars years.

His dad had him training from the age of 7 and he never ate fast food or sweets and ate only health food and was running and lifting weights his whole child hood. He was touted in College as being maybe the best ever. Look him up. They had a huge ESPN special on him.

You Indianapolis folks are not Notre Dame fans?? When I first started following college football, Lou Holtz was the head coach. I thought everyone was an ND fan. They were very popular in NY. They used to play a game in the Meadowlands almost every year (I think). Not anymore. They are on TV here every week.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His dad had him training from the age of 7 and he never ate fast food or sweets and ate only health food and was running and lifting weights his whole child hood. He was touted in College as being maybe the best ever. Look him up. They had a huge ESPN special on him.

I know of him. People talked about him all the time. I was just not familiar with "Robo QB".

What a terrible thing to do to your kid! I want to read his story. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You Indianapolis folks are not Notre Dame fans?? When I first started following college football, Lou Holtz was the head coach. I thought everyone was an ND fan. They were very popular in NY. They used to play a game in the Meadowlands almost every year (I think). Not anymore.

I like them but being from the Midwest I always like Tom Osbourne and Nebraska back in the 80's and 90's. I was glad he finally won a Title. That 95 Nebraska team is the best ever IMO. They would take Alabama to the cleaners

I like them but being from the Midwest I always like Tom Osbourne and Nebraska back in the 80's and 90's. I was glad he finally won a Title. That 95 Nebraska is the best ever IMO. They would take Alabama to the cleaners

Ah. I did not know. I was happy he finally won. Tommie Frazier was the prototypical option QB back then.

Ah. I did not know. I was happy he finally won. Tommie Frazier was the prototypical option QB back then.

I love the option, Frazier was the man. I know Phillips was a terrible human being but he was an awesome RB. Their O.Line was like a Pro O.Line, their Defense was so great it wasn't even funny. They beat Florida 62-20

I love the option, Frazier was the man. I know Phillips was a terrible human being but he was an awesome RB. Their O.Line was like a Pro O.Line, their Defense was so great it wasn't even funny. They beat Florida 62-20

I think Phillips died. 

Back then Nebraska and Wisconsin were known for producing NFL O-linemen.