Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Were you a Colts fan before Andrew was drafted?

No. To be honest, I was only a casual NFL fan before he was drafted. I would watch games and appreciate players like Peyton and Brees, but not to the extent I do now. Basketball was my game. 

Just now, snkdy said:

No. To be honest, I was only a casual NFL fan before he was drafted. I would watch games and appreciate players like Peyton and Brees, but not to the extent I do now. Basketball was my game. 

Okay. I don't like the NBA anymore. I don't have a favorite team. Which is your team? Don't tell me Golden State. haha

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Where did everyone on here go to college?

I went to the University of Southern Indiana was going to go to my Dads Alma mater University of Evansville to work with the FB team but they would only take on of my many scholarships and then they dropped FB

That's awesome. What position did you like to coach the most?

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Several reasons including health. Never liked sleep overs

I wanted to go away. It was awesome. And I went to a school that most of you have never heard of but they call it the Ivy of the State University of NY system. Binghamtom University. If I were going now, tuition would probably be free. I had to pay then.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Okay. I don't like the NBA anymore. I don't have a favorite team. Which is your team? Don't tell me Golden State. haha

Hey, you can't judge me lol. I was born and raised in the Bay haha 

Yeah I root for the Warriors. But I remember when we sucked. I know we're overrun with bandwagoners now.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I worked with the OL, broke down game film, developed Offensive play charts and did some play calling. I actually started during my senior year and worked/coached for nearly 7 years. I also got to coach with my Dad

That's amazing. You must have a unique understanding of the deficiencies on this Colts team. How do you feel about Chud?

4 minutes ago, snkdy said:

It's all good. I know we kind of earned the hate after the KD move. 

You don't root for the Timberwolves? They're going to have a good year.

I am a New Yorker. I chose the Vikings when I was in college. Speaking of bandwagons, I did not want to jump on the SB-winning Giants bandwagon and chose a team whose players I liked.

I also chose Stanford. I like that they recruit players who I know if they don't make it in football can make it in some other profession.

In baseball I am a New York Mets fan. (That one makes sense.)

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am a New Yorker. I chose the Vikings when I was in college. Speaking of bandwagons, I did not want to jump on the SB-winning Giants bandwagon and chose a team whose players I liked.

Ooh I see. Which player made you choose the Vikings?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

John Randle, Cris Carter, Henry Thomas, Chris Doleman, Robert Griffith (loved him)

One of my favorite Vikings was a Stanford grad, Chris Walsh.

Some really great players on that list. 

I hope Bradford is okay.

6 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Ooh I see. Which player made you choose the Vikings?

I had added to my post. I chose Stanford too. See below.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I also chose Stanford. I like that they recruit players who I know if they don't make it in football can make it in some other profession.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• continued...   2023 NFL Draft   Round 1– LCB Devon Witherspoon – makings of Sauce Gardner and Jalen Ramsey taken with the 4th and 5th picks, respectively in their draft classes in Round 1   Round 2 – QB Hendon Hooker – Hooker is one of my top 3 QBs in this class and the steal of the draft imho   Round 3 via WSH – WR Rashee Rice 4.36 40-yd, 74% blocking solid all around WR not a burner outside but very dangerous inside   Round 4 – TE Brevyn Spann-Ford (Minnesota) – sticking with players who can run-block the Colts add another weapon with both Rice and Spann-Ford.  Brevyn is the best run-blocking TE in the class.  He earned an 82.8 run-blocking. grade which was ranked 3rd in FBS this season.   Round 5 – RCB Riley Moss (Iowa) - last season has a zone defense coverage grade of 81.5.  Gilmore’s future replacement at RCB.   Round 6 – QB Jaren Hall (BYU) – like Hooker had a very productive college career   Round 7– SS Kaevon Merriweather (Iowa) - 88.1 PFF grade. Versus Ohio State he had a 79 PFF grade.  Good measurements all around except hand and a 4.50s 40-time.   Offensive outlook ’23 Roster: QB:  Hooker, Ehlinger, Hall RB: Taylor, Moss, Jackson WR: Pittman Jr, Pierce, Campbell, Dulin, Rice, Strachan, Smith TE: Woods, Granson, Ogletree, Spann-Ford LT: Raimann, Edoga, Murray LG: Nelson, Haynes OC: Kelly, French, Pinter RG: Davis, Fries, Haynes RT: Smith, Edoga   Defense outlook ’23 Roster: Edge:  Paye, Lewis, Kareem IDL: Buckner, Williams, Agim IDL:  Stewart, Hill, Johnson Edge: Odeyingbo, Winovich, Berry   WLB: Okereke, Stuard MLB: Leonard, Speed, Rhyne SLB:  Franklin, Domann   CB: Witherspoon, Rodgers, Flowers SS: Cross, Merriweather, Denbow FS: Bates III, Thomas II, Watts, Dabo CB: Gilmore, Moss, Brown
    • Continuing in the direction of @John Hammonds and the rest of us forum arm-chair GMs   Coaching Staff   HC –Shane Steichen – no stranger to young rookie QBs and the Colts will need that help along with the proven productions as an OC Steichen has had over the years.  Adding Super Bowl Champion to his resume is soon coming.   OC – Pete Carmichael (Saints) – Carmichael remains very close to Drew Brees and with Brees ties to his alma mater in West Lafayette just makes sense to renew his growth along with Steichen at the helm.     DC – Gus Bradley – continue to build on our defense and not keep changing it every year or two   Restructure OC Ryan Kelly’s base 2023 (9.125m) and 2024 (11.375m) to 4.75m and 5.75m, respectively   2023 Roster Cuts: QB Matt Ryan QB Nick Foles TE Mo Alie-Cox DB Kenny Moore FS Julian Blackmon   FA Additions: RG Nate Davis (Titans) 44m contract 16m G, 9.5m SB, 18m/4-year plus 500k game bonuses OG Phil Haynes (Seahawks) 9m SB, 5m G, 9.5m base/3-year FS Jessie Bates III (Cincy) – family still in Ft Wayne wishes to stay close to home, 6m SB, 18m G, 26m/4-year base DT Trysten Hill (Cardinals) 3m SB, 2m G, 1.5m/2-year base Edge Chase Winovich (Browns) 3m SB, 2m G, 1.75m/2-year base OT Chuma Edoga (Falcons) 3m SB, 1m G, 4.5m/2-year base   Own FA Resigned: DB Armani Watts 1-year 1.35m K Chase McLaughlin 1-year 2.1m P Matt Haack 1-year 1.2m Edge Khalid Kareem 1-year 950k CB Tony Brown 1-year 1.25m WR Ashton Dulin 1-year 2.5m Edge Tyquan Lewis 1-year 2.5m LB E.J. Speed  4m/2-year base, 2m G WR Parris Campbell 9m SB, 9m G, base 24m/3-year base LB Bobby Okereke 9m SB, 9m G, base, 22m/3-year base       Rumors have it that the Panthers intend to jump ahead of the Colts and trade with Arizona.  Trading away RB Christian McCaffrey gave them additional draft capital.  The hiring of Reich just adds insult to injury, and he now has a change to stick it to the man who cut ties with him mid-year and take the QB the Colts coveted the most...or was it just draft smoke screen?  Maybe the real reason why the Colts had representation at the Kentucky-Tennessee game to watch both quarterbacks in action.  Hooker and the Vols dominated the Wildcats that day and left a very strong impression with the Colts brass.  Hooker is an older quarterback prospect but has excelled facing tough SEC competition showcasing his resume the past two seasons.  McKee from Stanford might have lightning-quick processing but has a bad history of throwing interceptions and hasn’t improved his reads.  We already had too many recent QBs throw too many INTs and its never a good formula for NFL success.   Denver just hired Payton as their HC and now the Saints have P29.  Its possible they take McKee but more likely they take Edge Will McDonald IV (Iowa St) to replace Marcus Davenport. Knowing we still don't have a QB on our roster besides Ehlinger expect the Saints to move ahead of the Colts in Round 2 to draft McKee.    
    • Callahan is Peyton's guy more than Jeff Saturday is Peyton's guy?  Peyton would get involved and recommend Callahan over Jeff?
    • Seems like they are not getting publicity but here are some measurements: https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/nfl-draft/2023-senior-bowl-weigh-in-measurement-results-for-nfl-prospects/      
    • Is it just me, it have measurements NOT been done yet?!?    I thought they were typically done Monday of the week,  but they’re not up on the website yet.     Seems strange to me…..
  • Members