Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Baker

I'd love to get him. Plays in multiple fronts, great character. Likely cheaper than Williams or Poe. If he costs us $6mil per then so be it quite frankly.

It's likely Art Jones gets cut. David Parry is a gigantic question mark at this point due to his recent dalliances. He'd be a great pickup.

He'd be a solid pick up, depending on the price of course, but as some have said, he's got some great versatility on the line.

I don't see him leaving Washington though. Not too familiar with their cap situation, but Baker seems to be very well liked by the team and fans in Washington. Great character guy and what not. 

But if he reaches FA, I'll bite.

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

He'd be a solid pick up, depending on the price of course, but as some have said, he's got some great versatility on the line.

I don't see him leaving Washington though. Not too familiar with their cap situation, but Baker seems to be very well liked by the team and fans in Washington. Great character guy and what not. 

But if he reaches FA, I'll bite.

They have 34 mill in cap space but don't have desean or garçon locked up so not sure there plans

At this point he might be waiting til his agent can take some calls during the legal tampering period and see what other teams are offering.  

Of course that will likely drive up the price for him because there will be a bit of a bidding war. 

I was just reading on this and watched his video. Looks like he can play, but not sure what he'll actually be considered with is since he can move around. I still think we need to go get one of the NT of we can. Untill we get that our run D is never really gonna improve. Teams will just blow out the middle of our D line, eat our ILBers up and gash us. We've got to get a true Nose Tackle. With saying that though, I'd be happy to have this guy aboard and apart of the rotation.

With Jones and Perry likely cuts and Langford and Anderson question marks coming off injuries I think it is safe to say we need DL help. If Ballard is going to keep his word and build the trenches then I think investment in the DL is necessary. A NT and a DT minimum and probably draft a DT too imo. I don't think Baker would break the bank and is definitely the kind of guy I would like to target. We will see....next couple days will be interesting to see if Ballard will hold true to his philosophy or stray.....here's to hoping he keeps his word.