Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bproland's Prediction Offseason

I'm not going to complete a full mock draft and free agency for the Colts, but I will name some players I could most definitely see Ballard going after, because of comparisons/ties/familiarity.

Free agency -

-OLB Melvin Ingram - There have already been rumors that Ingram will be a target for the Colts, plus Pagano has his brother to talk to regarding the fit for this defense.

-NT Dontari Poe - Of the two KC players that they could lose, I could see Poe as the one who gets away, and he would provide Indy with a true full time NT.

-Lesser name veteran OG - Ronald Leary comes to mind here. Ballard said he likes the talent of both Haeg and Clark, but bringing in a veteran presence on the right side would definitely help. Leary can be signed without having to break the bank.

Draft -

-Sidney Jones is now a guy I think may be on Ballard's radar. The NFL Draft profile site compares him to Marcus Peters, partly I'm sure because they came from the same school. But Jones, if he adds some muscle, has the talent and ball skills to be a shutdown corner. Being that Ballard drafted Peters and has some familiarity with Washington's players, Jones could be a guy he could trade down in the 1st and still get. (This currently is my prediction pick for the 1st round)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/sidney-jones?id=2557958

Feel free to reply back to this thread with some predictions of your own and if they hold true you can come back and gloat a little.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:53 AM, BProland85 said:

I'm not going to complete a full mock draft and free agency for the Colts, but I will name some players I could most definitely see Ballard going after, because of comparisons/ties/familiarity.

Free agency -

-OLB Melvin Ingram - There have already been rumors that Ingram will be a target for the Colts, plus Pagano has his brother to talk to regarding the fit for this defense.

-NT Dontari Poe - Of the two KC players that they could lose, I could see Poe as the one who gets away, and he would provide Indy with a true full time NT.

-Lesser name veteran OG - Ronald Leary comes to mind here. Ballard said he likes the talent of both Haeg and Clark, but bringing in a veteran presence on the right side would definitely help. Leary can be signed without having to break the bank.

Draft -

-Sidney Jones is now a guy I think may be on Ballard's radar. The NFL Draft profile site compares him to Marcus Peters, partly I'm sure because they came from the same school. But Jones, if he adds some muscle, has the talent and ball skills to be a shutdown corner. Being that Ballard drafted Peters and has some familiarity with Washington's players, Jones could be a guy he could trade down in the 1st and still get. (This currently is my prediction pick for the 1st round)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/sidney-jones?id=2557958

Feel free to reply back to this thread with some predictions of your own and if they hold true you can come back and gloat a little.

I would love to land Ingram in FA If he's there we should go get him. That would be the big catch. Then a couple of guys who shouldn't demand such large deals. Leary is a guy I would like to see brought in too. RG is fixed. Then I like Hodges ILB. I would be happy with those 3 signings. 

I wouldn't give Poe big money. I think he's overvalued. We will see what Ballard thinks. I like Jones in fact he's one of my favorite CB's. I am looking for Thomas or Taco at 15. 

16 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Ingram. But looking at his market value compared to Nick Perry's market value, I like Perry more. Perry also had a more productive season than Ingram, so I'd honestly pay the guy that's a year younger for approximately $8M cheaper (Via Spotrac).

I would prefer Perry as well, but GB has 40+ million in cap space so im not convinced he will hit the market. They have a handful of guys to resign and it all comes down to how much they will want, but I see Perry being their big signing. 

My guess is they sign Perry (8-10M/Y), Tretter (5-7M/yr), Cook (3M/yr), 1 of Micheal/Lacy (2-3M/yr) and then Barclay and Datone Jones if they can be had for the right price. I think if they let anyone walk it will be Lang, as they will already be putting serious resources into the O line between Bakhtiari and Bulaga. Tretter will cost a chunk of cap as well, but he will cost less than Lang.