Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Draft Tracker 2017: Meetings, Interviews, Individual Workouts, etc.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

We didn't have a defense when we drafted Edgerrin James so I wouldn't put it past them to consider a back as well. We'll see.

Yea I'd perfer defense, but if he falls to 15 and they pick him I won't get too bent out of shape. 

When I posted this, I thought it said the Colts and Saints had him in for a workout. So I guess it isn't as significant as I thought. Oh well. 

6 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea I'd perfer defense, but if he falls to 15 and they pick him I won't get too bent out of shape. 

When I posted this, I thought it said the Colts and Saints had him in for a workout. So I guess it isn't as significant as I thought. Oh well. 

I thought we'd be seeing more info coming through about us meeting with more of the top cornerbacks but I haven't seen much info outside of Quincy Wilson.

On 4/5/2017 at 5:30 PM, Btown_Colt said:

Check out @ChaseGoodbread's Tweet:

I think he's going number 2 overall to the 49ers (or Panthers if they trade up for him).

But if by some weird miracle he was there at 15, you'd have no choice but to take him. He's the 2nd best player in the entire draft behind Garrett.

11 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

I think he'll be there at 15. All the top 5 talk was premature. He's only 6'0". He's undersized for any 4-3 as an MLB. Unless you put him at Will but who drafts a Will that high? He fits an ILB in a 3-4. I like Davis and Reddick too, but I'd be okay with Foster.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

NFL Network said we had or are having a workout with Malik Mcdowell

I love McDowell's potential and game. More than most others around here. To me he is a top 15 talent. The questions with him are how coachable he is, how disciplined he is and how much of a headache he is to deal with(he's been described as a "cancerous to the lockerroom" by some). Ballard would really need to do his job here, but he is a premier talent on the field IMO.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis had a visit with the Colts:

That's actually interesting given his situation.  But then again, he was a late 2nd to mid third round prospect before the incident if memory serves.  So, pending its resolution, he could conceivably fall into the 4th round where the Colts have shown more of a willingness, historically, to gamble with red flags in the form of (potentially) criminal conduct 

Colts showing significant interest in UCF CB Shaquill Griffin. After meeting him at his pro-day last month, now he's coming to Indy as one of Colts' top 30 visits. Worth keeping an eye on. Blazing fast(4.38 40 at the combine), explosive jumper(38" vertical, 132" broad jump) and good size(6'0", 194lbs) with 32 3/8" arms.

12 hours ago, stitches said:

Colts hosted Ohio ILB Blair Brown on a visit today:

Dude is a tackling MACHINE.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

That's actually interesting given his situation.  But then again, he was a late 2nd to mid third round prospect before the incident if memory serves.  So, pending its resolution, he could conceivably fall into the 4th round where the Colts have shown more of a willingness, historically, to gamble with red flags in the form of (potentially) criminal conduct 

His situation is a bit odd. From everything I've read on it, it seems less of a "domestic violence"/beating your significant other situation and more of a domestic dispute/toxic relationship issue. Allegedly he was trying to leave the house and she tried to physically keep him from leaving. Both of their stories didn't really match up either and hers seemed a bit more exaggerated. Who knows exactly what happened, but crazy significant others can make otherwise sane, rational individuals act just as crazy (who knows which is the crazy though).

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Dude is a tackling MACHINE.

His situation is a bit odd. From everything I've read on it, it seems less of a "domestic violence"/beating your significant other situation and more of a domestic dispute/toxic relationship issue. Allegedly he was trying to leave the house and she tried to physically keep him from leaving. Both of their stories didn't really match up either and hers seemed a bit more exaggerated. Who knows exactly what happened, but crazy significant others can make otherwise sane, rational individuals act just as crazy (who knows which is the crazy though).

Good to know re the toxic relationship bit.

On Blair, he wasn't even on my radar until I saw a PFF article on him.  They seem to be a bit higher on him than the other websites.  I'm hoping to watch film on the guy, but sounds intriguing.

4 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Good to know re the toxic relationship bit.

On Blair, he wasn't even on my radar until I saw a PFF article on him.  They seem to be a bit higher on him than the other websites.  I'm hoping to watch film on the guy, but sounds intriguing.

I was definitely thinking of Connor Harris instead of Blair.... whoops. Blair is rising up some boards though.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's a spreadsheet with the names of players the Colts have expressed interest in. The list is compiled by https://twitter.com/ShouldntBragBut - One of the best Colts twitters, very much worth following.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1amots9-JI3I5ZsO8wbmoqYo8yiGov7XjLBWaqrh9Qhk/edit#gid=0

Seems like they really like Shaquill Griffith. Surprised at no visits/contact with Jarrad Davis or Hassan Reddick.

Colts were at Toledo's pro day to watch NT prospect Treyvon Hester

http://draftanalyst.com/treyvon-hester-works-out-nfl-team 

Hester had amazing workout clocking between 4.86 and 4.91 for his 40, jumping 31.5" vertical, 103" broad jump and running 4.71s short-shuttle!!! That's at 6'2.25" 304 pounds.

According to Tony Pauline he's one of the better NT prospects in the draft.

Unfortunately not much film on him, here's what I found:

12 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's a spreadsheet with the names of players the Colts have expressed interest in. The list is compiled by https://twitter.com/ShouldntBragBut - One of the best Colts twitters, very much worth following.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1amots9-JI3I5ZsO8wbmoqYo8yiGov7XjLBWaqrh9Qhk/edit#gid=0

Once again, thank you for all of these updates!  Really like the working spreadsheet link, would be kind of nice to have this pinned somewhere, it is great info...

14 hours ago, stitches said:

Were we not at Florida's Pro Day?