Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marquis's Mock Offseason..

If you guys are watching these playoffs then you might have seen what i have and that is very very dominant offenses with mediocre defenses at most excluding the chiefs that were recently booted.. Ive seen Atlanta's offense with Julio and their running backs basically look unstoppable along with Dallas, & Steelers. All three teams with mediocre defenses that managed to go deep in the playoffs aside from dallas (first round exit (: ) With that being said heres my mock offseason strictly going off a copycat league while still focusing on defense as well...

CAP SPACE: $58M

CUTS: 

D'qwell Jackson: $5.5M

Feel like we can get better play out this position for less

Art Jones: $5.15M

No explanation needed..

Frank Gore: $3.5M 

Dont hate me I just think we could get better out this position for less..

CAP SPACE: $72M

RESIGN:

Robert Turbin: 1y/$760k 

I believe Colts signed him on a 1y/760k last year and he's said that he wants to be here; I see the Colts giving him something similar to his contract last year.

Darius Butler: 2y/$5M

I see Mr.Butler playing safety for the Colts this upcoming season thats why he got the nod from me.. Played well during his time there and our safeties as of now is shaky.

Jack Doyel: 2y/4M

At times Jack Doyel looked like the number 1 tightend heck in my eyes he was.. Was Andrew go to along with T.Y he was our third down blanket he needs to be resigned.

Akeem Ayers: 2y/4M

Signed a 1 year deal last year good rotational player 

CAP SPACE: $58M

FREE AGENTS: (Time to break the bank )

Stephon Gilmore (CB): 4y/$40M (10M)

Would be a great number 2, 15 games 5ints(career high) 12pdef 26 years old

Alshon Jefferey (WR): 5y/$75M (15M)

Proven big bodied WR would help tremendously and would make our offense unstoppable. I think he would leave too and get a chance to play with andrew luck? Plus i could be wrong but weren't they shopping AJ during the season? (lmk in the comments) Also a nice contract he can't refuse. also 26 years old

Zach Brown (ILB): 3y/$12M (4M)

Melvin Ingram (OLB): 3y/$42M (14M)

DRAFT:

FIRST ROUND:#14 Dalvin Cook RB FSU 

SECOND ROUND:#48 Dwuane Smoot OLB Illinois 

THIRD ROUND:#79 Carl Lawson OLB Auburn 

4th: BPA GUARD

4th: BPA S

5th: BPA CB

6th: BPA ILB

7th: BPA DL

DEPTH CHART FOR 2017

QB- AL12, Scott Tolzien

RB- Dalvin Cook, Robert Turbin, Rookie

WR- Alshon Jeffery, T.Y Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett, Chester Rodgers

TE- Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyel

OT- AC, LeRaven Clark, Joe Reitz

OG- Jack Mewhort, Joe Haeg, Rookie

C- Ryan Kelly, Austin Blythe

NT- David Parry, Rookie

DT- Hassan Ridgeway, TY Mcgill, Rookie

DE- Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford

OLB- Dwaune Smoot, Melvin Ingram, Carl Lawson, Akeem Ayers

ILB- Zach Brown, Antonio Morrison, Edwin Jackson, Rookie

SS- Clayton Geathers, T.J Green

FS- Darius Butler, Rookie

CB- Vontae Davis, Stephon Gilmore, Patrick Robinson, Rashan Melvin

K- AV

P- Pat Mcafee

LS- Matt Overton

Obviously not the full roster id hope that with the little left over money i had over FA that we could get like a guard or a S but didn't seem realistic after the moves i made..Love to hear what you think all my numbers came from Spotrac.. On how realistic this all is is probably slim but i think this offseason could turn us around and make us contenders instantly.. 

I think Turbin and Doyle will get more money and years than what you have projected them to be re-signed at. 

I don't want Jefferey. The Colts are pretty well set at receiver. They might go after somone to play in the slot but not a major signing like Jefferey. Way too many other holes on the roster.

I think Gilmore and Brown would be good signings.

I like Dalvin Cook's game. I'm probably one of the few on the board who would be ok with the Colts drafting him but that's also dependent on him turning into one of the top backs in the league. If he turns out to be a good but not great running back then he doesn't warrant a first round pick. That's jmo as I know many believe he isn't worth a first round pick no matter what.

I wouldnt cut Gore (and I dont believe they will).

Turbin will be a minimum 2 year/3.25 or 3 yr/4.5 mil deal 

Doyle will be a 3 or 4 yr deal for 12-16 mil

Like the FA with exception of AJ.  NOT worth close to that kind of $$ and a headache to have.  Living near Chicago, I want no part of that mess.  

Draft looks good however I still think there may be better value and need @ 14 than Cook IMO.

Frank would make dalvin elite in one off season never cut frank let him walk away with class he's a hall of famer. Love how you let Walden walk, we gotta give jack more money then that another team will. Gilmore is cool think hell be more around 12-14 mil/yr but for that money I'd rather have logan Ryan from new england most underrated DB in football. Alshon Jeffrey man come on really? Nooooo wayyy in hell!! 15 mil a year for another WR? No, no way that's a grigson move right there. I love zach brown he's the only ilb worth anything this year, that's why hell command probably about 8 mil/yr which would still be so worth it. The edge guys in reality will get signed or tagged, but a NT like Brandon Williams for 8 mil/yr or Dontari Poe. Your draft tho.....ooooooooo if it happened I'd go crazy. Dalvin not only improves our run game but takes pressure off Andrew who tends to force throws becuz he's our only Offense. Smoot is really nice a like a few guys better like TJ watt or Ryan Anderson but they may not be there. If Carl Lawson is there in the 3rd he'd be a steal, most likely a 2nd round guy tho.

I like the first player drafted for the Colts in Dalvin Cook.  Modify your other selections, though I like Ruben Foster perhaps won't be available, but we can always move up through trades....Make it happen new GM, this guy's a beast and would really do a 180 on our defense then get some from free agency, Melvin Ingram might be a possibility....

58 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I like the first player drafted for the Colts in Dalvin Cook.  Modify your other selections, though I like Ruben Foster perhaps won't be available, but we can always move up through trades....Make it happen new GM, this guy's a beast and would really do a 180 on our defense then get some from free agency, Melvin Ingram might be a possibility....

You keep posting this.... you do realize that it's possible/likely that both of them are gone before we even have our first pick, right? How would you propose we snag both of them. What trades would you make to make it happen? I don't see how it would be possible.

You aren't taking into account the extensions for Mewhort or Moncrief.  

I don't get cutting Gore, even if we bring on Dalvin Cook. You wont find many better mentors for a young rookie RB. And its not like he's extortionate.

In the resignings, Jack Doyle is more likely to get about the same as we gave to Dwayne Allen. I can see about 3yrs for $15mil. 

Your FA: Gilmore, fair enough. Alshon Jeffrey? Really? Just, no. You could get Vincent Jackson for a fraction of that price and he would provide the exact same thing. Jeffrey spends most of his time on the injured list and has previous for PED stuff as well. And TY would remain the no.1 even if we brought in Alshon. I like Zach Brown, but you're low balling him, I'd probably double that figure. Ingram is about right, maybe add another year or 2 on to the contract though.

Your Draft: Taking a RB in the 1st is a luxury pick. We don't have room for luxuries right now, we are in rebuild mode. Smoot is solid in the 2nd and would add to our rush greatly. Lawson is likely a 2nd rounder at this point.  

I wouldn't get rid of Gore.  I think he's still a stud that brings it ... and thus I wouldn't use the 1st rounder on an RB, thus once again failing to invest a very high pick on the defensive side of things.  I'd rather keep Gore, go D early in the draft, and perhaps use a lower pick on an RB.

14 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I wouldn't get rid of Gore.  I think he's still a stud that brings it ... and thus I wouldn't use the 1st rounder on an RB, thus once again failing to invest a very high pick on the defensive side of things.  I'd rather keep Gore, go D early in the draft, and perhaps use a lower pick on an RB.

Man its been half a decade since frank gore could be consider a "stud". Dont think it needs to be 1st but a young RB has to be added and a run game has to be established. Andrew just had surgery on that shoulder becuz he has to carry this offense no help in the back feild