Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have we really improved our team this weekend?

braveheartcolt

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2017 at 3:08 PM, GoColtsWin said:

Still baffled as to why he was flaming out the way he did. 

Dude was a legit 1st rounder, so the level of talent was clearly there with him. Maybe he just had "maturity" issues? Maybe being brought into a situation of having D Free and Mathis ahead of him was too much? 

Just stinks to to lose good-great player like that. 

PFF had Hughes graded very highly on pass rush efficiency for his final year with us. Although he didn't have very many sacks, he had hurries and hits which PFF takes into account. Net, he was showing improvement with the Colts before the trade to the Bills.

11 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

PFF had Hughes graded very highly on pass rush efficiency for his final year with us. Although he didn't have very many sacks, he had hurries and hits which PFF takes into account. Net, he was showing improvement with the Colts before the trade to the Bills.

Watching the games, be was invisible and undisciplined.......we were well rid at the time. What happened after is irrelevant....

14 hours ago, BOTT said:

It does apply, you are just dancing around it. 

It applies from your perspective. 

And there are many perspectives. 

I know it may be a surprise to you, but your perspective is not omnipresent. 

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

It applies from your perspective. 

And there are many perspectives. 

I know it may be a surprise to you, but your perspective is not omnipresent. 

I know it may surprise you, but not everyone takes themselves as seriously as you take yourself.

Just now, BOTT said:

You know what you implied...don't play dumb.  Let's move on, no biggie.

I implied that your analogy is only valid if indeed Pagano and Grigson are both the problem. 

I then continued to state that a majority of people do not think Pagano is the issue, and that Grigson is indeed the issue that has plagued the entire organization.

There was no implication, these were stated through analogies that were further explained using parenthesis because I wouldn't be surprised if they confused you, or they were misconstrued to mean something more than they did. 

Either way, like I just said, your perspective is not omnipresent, and the way you present them could be interpreted that way. Which can also come off as arrogant or condescending. That is why I felt the need to explain these things to you, and it is not the first time I have thought you needed the explanation, or notification that your perspective is not omnipresent.

Again, nothing is being implied, it is being stated.

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I implied that your analogy is only valid if indeed Pagano and Grigson are both the problem. 

I then continued to state that a majority of people do not think Pagano is the issue, and that Grigson is indeed the issue that has plagued the entire organization.

There was no implication, these were stated through analogies that were further explained using parenthesis because I wouldn't be surprised if they confused you, or they were misconstrued to mean something more than they did. 

Either way, like I just said, your perspective is not omnipresent, and the way you present them could be interpreted that way. Which can also come off as arrogant or condescending. That is why I felt the need to explain these things to you, and it is not the first time I have thought you needed the explanation, or notification that your perspective is not omnipresent.

Again, nothing is being implied, it is being stated.

No, I just it saw as someone who doesn't like being challenged and simply wrote bullcrap to have a response.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they confused you".  Yes, piggybacking off my simple anology really had me bewildered.  And I'm the arrogant and condescending one...wow.

25 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

It's starting to look like Jimmy Raye is not gonna be our guy, all of the other GM's have proven talent drafting defensive players.

Meh.  I wouldnt get overly exited or diapponted with who the colts hire.  Nobody knows who will eventually be successful.

On 1/24/2017 at 10:59 AM, Valpo2004 said:

The stats bear this out too.  Colts where if I remember right a top 10 offense last year both in scoring and in yardage.

It's defense where they bottom out.  

Really the only need on offense is a RB for the future.  The OL we got from the last draft flashed potential and since they where rookies it's highly possible that they could be vastly improved next year and at the very least be an average OL.

Moncrief and Dorsett should probably get 1 more year to see what they can do as well as Rodgers.  

Yup, definitely agree.

The defense is trash.  When Walden is your leader in sacks, that is a clear sign that your defense sucks.  No shade to Walden.

I agree, a RB for the future is needed but I don't think we need to use a high pick on him.  I think with Luck, getting someone who can flourish in the system is what is needed.  Good blocker, can run strong, and catch a dump or short pass out of the backfield.  Don't think we need a stud or star, just someone to play the part.

I've given up on Moncrief and Dorsett.  Moncrief is injury prone and I'll reserve my judgment on Dorsett to see if he can maybe flourish in a new system where Pags utilizes his speed more.  He's like TY without the hands.

And I also agree about the OL.  We just have to continue to add talent to the line and hope they stay healthy enough to create continuity.

On 1/22/2017 at 0:52 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great Post, that was my point on the other Thread. What has Pagano had to work with Defensively?

Amen. I mean, let's just try to look at this from Pagano's perspective for a second. Before him Indy had a reputations of a finesse passing offense that can't run the ball well, and a soft defense that bends but can't break and gets after the QB. Pagano envisions changing the scheme and rebuilding the defense to be bigger and more physical. Seasons later and what has he been given to achieve this vision? With no o-line our offense is nearly one dimensional, and on defense he had been given next to nothing. Our best defensive contributors that have been added since 2012 have been Davis and Adams. Davis has regressed a bit, and Adams is aging and set to be a FA. I think there is room for legitimate knocks in Pagano for things like play calling or clock management, but overall he went 11-5 for 3 seasons then 8-8 for 2. He not had a losing season yet as a HC and he's done it for years without the pieces he needed to build his vision. Where is our franchise NT? We is our big time ILB? Where at all is a young promising pass rusher or CB? I think Ballard has his work cut out for him, but at least Grigson  did well enough with addressing the o-line last year, that we can afford to go mainly defense in this next draft and FA.