Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared C 1st mock draft

Looks like it's time to be thinking about the offeseason. I'm going to be doing my 1st mock here. In later mocks, I will explain my picks in more detail. This one is just a raw mock on first-pick.com. I did the regular mock with no trades to keep it as realistic as possible, and basically made this a BPA on defense draft with rbs to show how the draft could potentially turn out. Here it is. 

Round 1. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

Round 2. DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Round 3. Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia

Round 4. Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee

Round 5. Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State

Round 6. Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla)

Round 7. Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette

I'm picking 14th every round as that's what first-pick has us at for now, and if they had us at 15, I would of picked there. I feel this draft gives us lots of solid players on defense to rebuild with as well as a nice rb tandem if Gore leaves. If we sign a pass rusher or two in FA like Melvin Ingram and Nick Perry, this could work out really well.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Looks like it's time to be thinking about the offeseason. I'm going to be doing my 1st mock here. In later mocks, I will explain my picks in more detail. This one is just a raw mock on first-pick.com. I did the regular mock with no trades to keep it as realistic as possible, and basically made this a BPA on defense draft with rbs to show how the draft could potentially turn out. Here it is. 

Round 1. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

Round 2. DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Round 3. Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia

Round 4. Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee

Round 5. Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State

Round 6. Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla)

Round 7. Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette

I'm picking 14th every round as that's what first-pick has us at for now, and if they had us at 15, I would of picked there. I feel this draft gives us lots of solid players on defense to rebuild with as well as a nice rb tandem if Gore leaves. If we sign a pass rusher or two in FA like Melvin Ingram and Nick Perry, this could work out really well.

Nice effort.

We won't be picked in the same spot (whatever thetas, 14 or 15) in every round.   The positions will rotate, and I think there are 3 teams that are 8-8.    So,  we'll be 14th, 15th and 16th in various rounds.     Still,  better than last year.

Oh,  and I don't think we've got a 7.      In a recent story,  Colts.com reporter Kevin Bowen noted it was traded away in the Billy Wynn deal to Cleveland about a year ago.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

There's more than Corn in Indiana....

Indiana is ranked #5 in corn production and I beleive were still #1 in popcorn production. Guess I should make this clear out of the 6,000 acres we farmed this past year over 4,000 was corn, oh yea I am working on my agricultural degree so indiana and corn is something I'm familiar with you don't have to go very far in any direction of indy to find corn. Definitely wasn't meant as an insult if you took it like that

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

Indiana is ranked #5 in corn production and I beleive were still #1 in popcorn production. Guess I should make this clear out of the 6,000 acres we farmed this past year over 4,000 was corn, oh yea I am working on my agricultural degree so indiana and corn is something I'm familiar with you don't have to go very far in any direction of indy to find corn. Definitely wasn't meant as an insult if you took it like that

2 hours ago, 12to13 said:

Humphrey is a beast! I'm not sure he'll be there at 15. 

I've thought about it as well and concur with JC that going CB in the 1st, with either Humphrey or Tabor, would be a great move as it would be ideal to replace VDavis from within in a few seasons.   From this perspective the timing would be perfect.  Tankersley is also a possibility in the 2nd if we miss early.