Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Completely unrelated, I miss watching The Master's Championship. I am watching now while checking out the forum. :)

I just cannot watch golf on tv....like watching grass grow!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

You were also cocky because you had either swept the season series against the Mets or lost only one game. Lol.

 

That playoff series was reminiscent of the 1988 playoff series between the Mets and Dodgers. The Mets had won 10 or 11 games in the season series (Mets lost only one game in season series). Most people thought the Mets would win the pennant. The Dodgers won in 7. It was the year Hershizer had his best season.

Oh I thought Cubs would win no doubt but they got smoked. Wasn't ready yet is what it showed me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Yeah?? It is so relaxing. 

 

I cannot watch soccer or boxing. Lol. 

BOXING?! I love boxing! Of course I'm a little partial to it since I used to box. I still box about once a year in a charity event, fire vs police for make a wish, what a great cause!!! Worth the brain damage IMO, lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Yeah?? It is so relaxing. 

 

I cannot watch soccer or boxing. Lol. 

I use to love Boxing when I was younger, the 80's and 90's had tremendous fighters like Tyson, Evander, Sugar Ray, Roy Jones. I love the Rocky movies too. Today I don't even follow it much. I just seen Ted 2 recently and his bear took over the name of Clubber Lang, that was awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Golf, Soccer, and Hockey are 3 sports I have just never got into - just flat out boring. I have tried and do know a little about each but I am mainly Pro Football, Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball. I like College Basketball Tournament time as well and watch a little College Football. Tennis I can deal with if it's 2 big name players playing/mens or womens, Pro Boxing I loved in the 80's and 90's but not so much now.

 

Zobrist just hit a HR, Cubs lead 6-3 :rock:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

BOXING?! I love boxing! Of course I'm a little partial to it since I used to box. I still box about once a year in a charity event, fire vs police for make a wish, what a great cause!!! Worth the brain damage IMO, lol!

 

Lol. I "liked" it but reluctantly. I can't imagine any of my friends getting punched and hurt. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't get hurt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Golf, Soccer, and Hockey are 3 sports I have just never got into - just flat out boring. I have tried and do know a little about each but I am mainly Pro Football, Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball. I like College Basketball Tournament time as well and watch a little College Football. Tennis I can deal with if it's 2 big name players playing/mens or womens, Pro Boxing I loved in the 80's and 90's but not so much now.

 

Zobrist just hit a HR, Cubs lead 6-3 :rock:

Make it a competition I will watch especially if a Princeton or Tri-State Native is involved 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. I "liked" it but reluctantly. I can't imagine any of my friends getting punched and hurt. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't get hurt. 

I used to Box too but it was a long time ago when I was in shape lmao. We always had local bars back in the 90's and early 2000's that would have tournaments and you all you had to do was sign up. I was always in shape back then because I ran like 7 miles a day. If I tried now I wouldn't last 1 Round against these young kids!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Golf, Soccer, and Hockey are 3 sports I have just never got into - just flat out boring. I have tried and do know a little about each but I am mainly Pro Football, Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball. I like College Basketball Tournament time as well and watch a little College Football. Tennis I can deal with if it's 2 big name players playing/mens or womens, Pro Boxing I loved in the 80's and 90's but not so much now.

 

Zobrist just hit a HR, Cubs lead 6-3 :rock:

 

I don't know how I got to like Golf. I always thought it was boring. But I started watching it  and got to like several of the players. There was a time there that I was watching every major (Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship) as well as several of the other tournaments. I don't watch as much but I do like the Master's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I don't know how I got to like Golf. I always thought it was boring. But I started watching it  and got to like several of the players. There was a time there that I was watching every major (Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship) as well as several of the other tournaments. I don't watch as much but I do like the Master's)

I watched when Tiger was in it just to see if he would win or lose. When he isn't in it, I don't even follow it. One great thing about the Masters is I know it's April and that means it's warm weather in Indy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to Box too but it was a long time ago when I was in shape lmao. We always had local bars back in the 90's and early 2000's that would have tournaments and you all you had to do was sign up. I was always in shape back then because I ran like 7 miles a day. If I tried now I wouldn't last 1 Round against these young kids!

 

Lol. Glad you came out alright. You and GOZER don't come across as the boxing types. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. Glad you came out alright. You and GOZER don't come across as the boxing types. 

I don't know sometimes I think I have brain damage :sarcasm:. I didn't do it much. My buddies always wanted me to do it because I was in great shape then. I won a few and lost a few. Boxing used to be a great sport but anymore there isn't any big names out there to follow in the heavy Weight Division. Way back you had Tyson and Evander and even Lewis was damn good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched when Tiger was in it just to see if he would win or lose. When he isn't in it, I don't even follow it. One great thing about the Masters is I know it's April and that means it's warm weather in Indy!

I really followed PGA golf when Evansville Native Jeff Overton was a weekly factor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mets now up 3-2, mid third. Thankfully they threw out Gordon at third. Otherwise, the game would be tied.

 

Base runners run on Thor often. It was good to see the catcher Rene Rivera throw out 2 base runners in that inning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah I wasn't paying attention, what did they say? I was getting me a Gatorade and heard the blast haha. Then seen the replay.

 

The announcer began to say that it will be a problem if the Mets only score via the home run. As soon as he said that, Bruce hit the HR. I was not exaggerating when I said these guys seem to to rely on the HR to score.  That is not a formula for winning. Teams don't hit HRs every game. 

 

Noah is almost done. He has had another stellar pitching performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I see Mattingly, I think of PT. PT loves players who are from his area. I wonder if PT is watching. 

 

PT often reminds me that one of the most famous people in Mets history, Gil Hodges, is from his part of the country. So is Jim Abbot who threw a no-hitter as a pitcher for the Yankees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a good day for the Cards

No it wasn't looked ugly , Martinez couple bad calls on balls strikes a misplay in the field and he was done. Carpenter has been terrible with the bat , that isn't helping but much like Bryant you must stick with him because you know he will hit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • IND 20. Malik NabersWR LSU 46. Kamren KinchensS Miami (FL) 52. Edgerrin CooperLB Texas A&M 85. Mekhi WingoDT LSU 151. Kitan OladapoS Oregon State 153. Beaux LimmerOC Arkansas 155. Christian HaynesOG UConn 193. Jaylin SimpsonCB Auburn 194. Devontez WalkerWR North Carolina 232. Evan AndersonDT FAU   A few trades, Nabers fell, had to take him. IMO RB's can be found in FA, that are as good or better than most in the draft. 
    • Do you think Puni can play center for us? He could play guard easy, but if Fries doesn’t regress, he could solve the looming departure of Ryan Kelly this year or next.
    • Well, the trolling part isn't part of the Colts PR. I think they just do that because that's what fanbases do to each on that app.   But regarding Colts PR, Colts Twitter do not critique the team. Instead, they hype up every player and play...similar to what the Colts Twitter account does as well. It's an echo chamber...or another term that is probably not allowed here. Some of them have "sources" which clearly just use them to control narratives and drive hype.    This is not unlike the local media. But they are a bit more subtle about it. Their access is their livelihood.    This is just my cynical take on it. I interact with Colts Twitter quite often. 
    • Biggest issue for me with Wiggins is he doesn’t seem willing to tackle which is a must for Zone corners. You have to be willing and able to bring the ball carrier down. On tape he didn’t seem to always to want to stick is nose in on run plays.   If it wasn’t for that, I’d be all aboard for getting him in a trade back. But maybe if he blows up the combine, I’ll feel different.   But you’ve got a pretty good read on the corners. Thats the same way I’ve got them ranked and broken down. If you’re looking for day 2 guys, I’d look at   -TJ Tampa, Iowa State -Khyree Jackson, Oregon -Cam Hart, Notre Dame   All long 6’2” corners with long arms.
  • Members

    • IrsaysArmy

      IrsaysArmy 1,444

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Rolltide_gocolts

      Rolltide_gocolts 202

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 19,586

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solid84

      Solid84 5,697

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kc77

      Kc77 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lifetime Colt

      Lifetime Colt 117

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ponyboy

      ponyboy 127

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smonroe

      Smonroe 6,171

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Crush22

      Crush22 486

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Reboot

      Reboot 42

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...