Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Paul Molitor?

At first I thought it was Mattingly but once I started running the names of managers through my head, I said it has to be Molitor. He is among those who hit 3000 hits, right?

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Wow. How many pitchers has Washington used already in that one? Is that game in Philly? My daughter went to Philly's opener. She said it was bitter cold.

Is your daughter a Phillies fan? The Mets play Philly next week, starting Monday.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry about that.

I probably should turn mine off too. haha  Mets now down 3-0. I don't see them coming back against this pitcher.

What a difference between the Marlins hitters and the Mets hitters!  The Marlins can hit well and they have speed. 

Washington is down to the Phillies 10-0 in the 1st inning. Phils still batting.

As I've said its early things will settle down

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

As I've said its early things will settle down

I know. As you see I am still watching the game. Mets are now down 4-1. 

We have a former Cards draftee pitching for the Marlins now. His name is Barraclough. Mets can't hit him either. haha

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

And also this Marlin team is overlooked and can possibly make some noise.

I agree. I have been very impressed by their batters. And Giancarlo Stanton is a star. Flash Gordon's son Dee Gordon kills the Mets.  Marlins pitching is pretty good too.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. I have been very impressed by their batters. And Giancarlo Stanton is a star. Their pitching is pretty good too.

Yes it will take 2 or 3 weeks to start to see who is gonna be consistent

I love the way the Marlins play. They just successfully executed a safety squeeze. I wish the Mets did more of that, but they have no speed. 

Marlins are now up 6-1. This will be a loss for the Mets. They have only 2 hits. The Marlins have ten hits but it seems like many more.

Btw, did you guys know the answer to that trivia question I asked?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I love the way the Marlins play. They just successfully executed a safety squeeze. I wish the Mets did more of that, but they have no speed. 

Marlins are now up 6-1. This will be a loss for the Mets. They have only 2 hits. The Marlins have ten hits but it seems like many more.

Btw, did you guys know the answer to that trivia question I asked?

I would've guessed Donald Mattingly so I would've been wrong.

5 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Donny Baseball however. Was Molitor the correct answer?

Donny baseball. Yes.

Yes, you had it right. It  was Paul Molitor. I "liked" your reply. He is the only one who has hit 3000 hits. 

(I was talking to the other folks here when I asked asked if they had an answer to the trivia question.)

Archived