Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Watching Mets replay now. The Mets are playing really well. I am pleased.

Philly fans are :facepalm:.  They booed their manager during introductions at the home opener.

Quote:

"Manager Gabe Kapler was booed resoundingly by fans when he was introduced at the Philadelphia Phillies' home opener Thursday after the team's 1-4 start."

Link to article

and Jake chose that crap hole :lol:

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very nice win by the Cubs. Down 2-1 in the 9th and came up big with 4 Runs in the 9th to win it 5-2. Brewers seem to give the Cubs problems going back to last season so it is nice to see the Cubs up 2-1 in this set. If Cubs can take this set 3-1 in Milwaukee that would be Great stuff! 4-4 now on the season, back to .500. I thought Yu Pitched Great today but got a no decision - very promising. Bryant had a HR, Triple, and a Double! Morrow got his 1st Save as a Cub, pitching 98 miles an hour. Gozer, fly the flag.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very very nice win by the Cubs. Down 2-1 in the 9th and came up big with 4 Runs in the 9th to win it 5-2. Brewers seem to give the Cubs problems going back to last season so it is nice to see the Cubs up 2-1 in this set. If Cubs can take this set 3-1 in Milwaukee that would be Great stuff! 4-4 now on the season, back to .500. I thought Yu Pitched Great today but got a no decision - very promising. Bryant had a HR, Triple, and a Double! Morrow got his 1st Save as a Cub, pitching 98 miles an hour. Gozer, fly the flag.

9D8A454A-B8A8-499F-8CC1-39FA18F4DC90.jpeg

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, NFLfan said:

Watching Mets replay now. The Mets are playing really well. I am pleased.

Philly fans are :facepalm:.  They booed their manager during introductions at the home opener.

Quote:

"Manager Gabe Kapler was booed resoundingly by fans when he was introduced at the Philadelphia Phillies' home opener Thursday after the team's 1-4 start."

Link to article

Philadelphia boo one of its own lol who would've ever thought it.

I'm listening the the Mets-Nats broadcast. Alex Rodriguez said that before he signed with the Rangers, he was looking to sign with the Mets. I remember hearing rumors about that then. Unlike most Mets fans, I wanted nothing to do with him. I did not like to sign opposing teams' star players. I like building from the farm system. I also did not want him to get the money and the special treatment that I heard he was looking for. As they say, some of the best moves you make are those you don't make.

I did not want the Mets to acquire Mike Piazza either. But once he was with us, I got to like him. :)

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

maybe we should trade him to the Mets for Matt Harvey lmao

Deal! :shake:

Leadership is important. Rizzo could replace our captain David Wright who probably will never play again because of spinal stenosis. Harvey is expendable. 

For you Baseball history fanatics, here is major history - Celebrating 50 years of Baseball in 2018! A half Century from 1968-2018. The 6 most dominant teams in their respective seasons record wise to win the World Series from 1968-2017 seasons, last 50 seasons:

1. 1998 New York Yankees = 114-48

2. 1970 Baltimore Orioles = 108-54

2. 1975 Cincinnati Reds = 108-54 (tie for 2nd)

2. 1986 New York Mets = 108-54 (tie for 2nd)

5. 1984 Detroit Tigers = 104-58

6. 2016 Chicago Cubs = 103-58, played 161 game due to a game being canceled because of weather.

-My Cubs barely made what I call my Football Playoff cut = 6 teams get in. They made it though as one of the best 6 teams record wise to win the WS in the last 50 seasons.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I seen that, maybe we should trade him to the Mets for Matt Harvey lmao. Just kidding but on a serious side I hope this isn't something long term!

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Deal! :shake:

Leadership is important. Rizzo could replace our captain David Wright who probably will never play again because of spinal stenosis. Harvey is expendable. 

:nono:

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For you Baseball history fanatics, here is major history - Celebrating 50 years of Baseball in 2018! A half Century from 1968-2018. The 6 most dominant teams in their respective seasons record wise to win the World Series from 1968-2017 seasons, last 50 seasons:

1. 1998 New York Yankees = 114-48

2. 1970 Baltimore Orioles = 108-54

2. 1975 Cincinnati Reds = 108-54 (tie for 2nd)

2. 1986 New York Mets = 108-54 (tie for 2nd)

5. 1984 Detroit Tigers = 104-58

6. 2016 Chicago Cubs = 103-58, played 161 game due to a game being canceled because of weather.

-My Cubs barely made what I call my Football Playoff cut = 6 teams get in. They made it though as one of the best 6 teams record wise to win the WS in the last 50 seasons.

To create a Playoff format out of these 6 teams, I had to have a tiebreaker. Tiebreaker would be Playoff record between the 1970 Orioles, 1975 Reds, and 1986 Mets. 1970 Orioles were 7-1 in the Playoffs so they would be #2, 1975 Reds were 7-3 so they would be #3, and 1986 Mets 8-5 so they would be #4. So the format would look like this:

-Bye's = #1 1998 New York Yankees, #2 1970 Baltimore Orioles

#3 1975 Cincinnati Reds vs #6 2016 Chicago Cubs (best of 5)

#4 1986 New York Mets vs #5 1984 Detroit Tigers (best of 5)

-All other series best of 7

The Mets were leading 3-0 but the Marlins went ahead with 4 runs in the 5th. Mets just scored again to tie it at 4-4. I hope the Mets score some more runs against the Marlins bullpen. If the Mets win, they would have the best start to any season in their history.

I like the way the Mets are playing. The bullpen has been excellent (until today). The starting pitching has been okay, not as dominant as I expected. The defense has been pretty good. But what I appreciate most about this team is their approach when hitting. They get timely hits and score enough runs to win. They work out walks and are aggressive on the base paths. They don't wait for home runs or waste base hits, driving runners in with timely hitting. I love it. Last year, about 50% of their runs were scored via the home run. It got boring. This is so much better. 

Yeah, the Mets will need a comeback effort. They just gave up a 2-run homer to a Marlins player that I never heard of (Justin Bour?) in the 7th inn. That is his second HR tonight. It is 6-4 Marlins. 

Update:

Mets tied it again with 2 runs in the top of the 8th.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, the Mets will need a comeback effort. They just gave up a 2-run homer to a Marlins player that I never heard of (Justin Bour?) in the 7th inn. That is his second HR tonight. It is 6-4 Marlins. 

Update:

Mets tied it again with 2 runs in the top of the 8th.

Pirates beat Cubs 8-5 Booooooooo.

Archived