Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 8-4! Nice opening day win. Mets are up 8-4 in the Bottom of the 8th. Time to watch the Astros at Rangers.

Good to hear. I have not been able to watch or listen. Congrats on Cubs win. Hope the Mets do too. (Btw, Thor gave up 4 runs??)

Just a few fun facts - Best teams record wise from each decade since the 70's that won the World Series:

-70's = 1970 Baltimore Orioles 108-54 beat the Reds 4-1 in the WS/1975 Reds 108-54 beat the RedSox 4-3 in the WS. Tie between those 2 teams!

-80's = 1986 Mets 108-54 beat the RedSox 4-3 in the WS.

-90's = 1998 Yankees 114-48 beat the Padres 4-0 in the WS.

-2000-2009 = 2009 Yankees 103-59 beat the Phillies 4-2 in the WS.

-2010-2017 (so far) = 2016 Cubs 103-58 beat the Indians 4-3 in the WS, Cubs played 161 games due to 1 game being cancelled because of weather.

Yankees just won 6-1 over the Jays. So Cubs, Mets, Astros, and Yankees all have W's on opening day. Getting ready to watch Kershaw take on the Giants. What a fun day this has been. I have ate around 12 Hot Barbecue Wings or so and damn near have a 6 beers in me haha. Feeling good. It sucks Bumgarner is injured, I was hoping to see him battle Kershaw. Dodgers will probably will mop the floor with the Giants.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your Offense was alive! lmao Is Jay ok, he hasn't Posted all day?

Jay is probably busy working. He is a tireless worker with long hours. Hope to see him by the end of the weekend.

Bats were alive! That was a big surprise. Let's see if they keep that up. I am encouraged by Brandon Nimmo, a homegrown player who has been hitting well. I have to watch the game tonight. 

Lots of home runs hit today. One White Sox player hit three. Stanton hit two. He is going to feast at Yankees Stadium. Glad he is now in the AL.

Did Dee Gordon play for the Marlins today? He is a Mets killer. I would not mind him moving to the other league too.

43 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lots of home runs hit today. One White Sox player hit three. Stanton hit two. He is going to feast at Yankees Stadium. Glad he is now in the AL.

Did Dee Gordon play for the Marlins today? He is a Mets killer. I would not mind him moving to the other league too.

@2006Coltsbestever

Lol. You reacted with the haha. That had me thinking perhaps Gordon was no longer with the Marlins. Sure enough, he is now with the Seattle Mariners. :thmup:

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was laughing because you said he was a Mets killer.

He is. I went to look for stats but couldn't find it. An article written in 2016 called Gordon the biggest "Mets Killer", second only to Chase Utley.

Quote:

"Now playing in the NL East, Gordon has the chance to mash the Mets 20 times per year. In his last three years, he is hitting an even .400 against the club in over 100 at-bats. He will remain a thorn in the team's side for years to come"

Link: 5 Biggest Mets Killers

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He is. I went to look for stats but couldn't find it. An article written in 2016 called Gordon the biggest "Mets Killer", second only to Chase Utley.

Quote:

"Now playing in the NL East, Gordon has the chance to mash the Mets 20 times per year. In his last three years, he is hitting an even .400 against the club in over 100 at-bats. He will remain a thorn in the team's side for years to come"

Link: 5 Biggest Mets Killers

I had no idea. I guess he is the Cubs Murphy lmao 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, NFLfan said:

No one likes him. You wonder why he continues to be employed. His father was great.

Yes your right Jack was one of the greats , difference being Joe is full of himself . Jack was humble and it was about the game.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

WOW, Dodgers get shut out at home on opening day. Kershaw takes the L. They could still go 161-1 as it's only 1 game :rock:. Great win for the Giants though because they don't have Bumgarner and this is a huge hated rivalry.

Lol anything happens on opening day . We got shellacked lol didn't get to watch was driving back from Georgia . Cards signed Greg Holland to a 1 year deal to close.

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Jay is probably busy working. He is a yreless worker with long hours. Hope to see him by the end of the weekend.

Bats were alive! That was a big surprise. Let's see if they keep that up. I am encouraged by Brandon Nimmo, a homegrown player who has been hitting well. I have to watch the game tonight. 

Actually was on vacation in Georgia lol. Missed the game.

Archived