Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fiance won't stop talking about his Red Sox.

They are that good aren't they? But it is early.....it's a long long season.

And yeah the weather is BAD right now outside where I am. Freezing hail. It's creepy lol.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards at Cubs postponed!

Weather in most parts of the country is so bad. We had all this rain and a bit of flooding in some areas today. It took me more than 2 hours to get to work this morning.

It is fine now. Baseball is playing at CitiField. Mets lead the Nats 2-1 in the middle of the 5th.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Weather in most parts of the country is so bad. We had all this rain and a bit of flooding in some areas today. It took me more than 2 hours to get to work this morning.

It is fine now. Baseball is playing at CitiField. Mets lead the Nats 2-1 in the middle of the 5th.

Mets are now up 6-1.

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Another day, another snow day for Cubs. Cubs/Cardinals postponed until July. Cubs this season 17 games schedule, 8 inside 9 outside 4 rained or snowed out 

Snowed here as well I'm about 175 miles south of Chicago . Weather has been crazy in St louis as well , I agree with postponing , not worth injury risk to either team.

Glad to see Rizzo is back. Rizzo thinks the season should be shortened, I agree with him. Baseball should always be played in great weather. Why not shorten it and opening day be on May 1st and the last day be on like September 15th. Just keep the Playoffs the same. The season would always end before November starts. Maybe have like a 130 game schedule?? Rizzo even said he would take a paycut if the league would agree to that. All the Players would have to agree to it though because it would be a money issue if they cut out 32 games.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad to see Rizzo is back. Rizzo thinks the season should be shortened, I agree with him. Baseball should always be played in great weather. Why not shorten it and opening day be on May 1st and the last day be on like September 15th. Just keep the Playoffs the same. The season would always end before November starts. Maybe have like a 130 game schedule?? Rizzo even said he would take a paycut if the league would agree to that. All the Players would have to agree to it though because it would be a money issue if they cut out 32 games.

I did not hear or read what he said. Is it because of the weather that he wants the season shortened? Or does he have other reasons. I love having April baseball but that is because I don't follow hockey or basketball.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I did not hear or read what he said. Is it because of the weather that he wants the season shortened? Or does he have other reasons. I love having April baseball but that is because I don't follow hockey or basketball.

Normally weather much better than this. Its been cold all over.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah there is an article on the ESPN website about it. It's mainly because of the weather. I do also think the players would stay more healthy if it was shortened. We would probably see a better product. I get what you are saying though, I love Baseball and could watch all year :thmup:

Archived