Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

I love this team. They scored 2 runs in the 9th to go ahead 8-6. They are so aggressive on the base paths. Last year they would not have scored a few of these runs. 

They have another chance to win. Let's get the save, Jeurys (Familia). 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

RedSox pounding the Yankees 14-1. Yankees are struggling a bit so far this season. This will put them 5-6.

That is a big surprise. Lots of surprises in baseball so far. I have not seen the Pirates but they have one of the best records in baseball early on.

My closer scares me. He rarely has a clean inning. 

Man, I love our new addition Todd Frazier. He plays great defense, gets on base, takes the extra base, creates runs. He is becoming a favorite of mine.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That is a big surprise. Lots of surprises in baseball so far. I have not seen the Pirates but they have one of the best records in baseball early on.

My closer scares me. He rarely has a clean inning. 

Man, I love our new addition Todd Frazier. He plays great defense, gets on base, takes the extra base, creates runs. He is becoming a favorite of mine.

You guys are about to go 9-1. What a Great start to the season! You have to be fired up!

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are about to go 9-1. What a Great start to the season! You have to be fired up!

I sure am. It is not only the wins that has me fired up. They are playing well fundamentally. They do everything that I like -- they make opposing pitchers work, they make contact and move runners along, they play good defense. I feel they can win any game. 

Our closer got the save. The Mets won 8-6.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I sure am. It is not only the wins that has me fired up. They are playing well fundamentally. They do everything that I like -- they make opposing pitchers work, they make contact and move runners along, they play good defense. I feel they can win any game. 

Our closer got the save. The Mets won 8-6.

Yeah you guys look Great so far. I hope the Mets can keep it up because the Nats running away with the Division is getting old. Maybe the Mets can have a season like they did in 2015?

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you guys look Great so far. I hope the Mets can keep it up because the Nats running away with the Division is getting old. Maybe the Mets can have a season like they did in 2015?

I believe this is a better "team" than the 2015 team. This year's squad doesn't have many star players but they have good players. In 2015, the Mets relied a lot on Cespedes, home runs, and their starting pitchers. Now, there is not one position player that they are depending on to win. They depend on everyone to do their part.

We have 8 starting pitchers on the team. I thought Zach Wheeler was going to have Tommy John surgery but he was called up from the minors and will start tomorrow. Our starting rotation is now Thor, deGrom, Matz, Harvey and Wheeler. In addition, we have Jason Vargas who is on the DL. Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman are starters who are coming out of the bullpen now. So, I am not worried about the pitching despite the closer giving me angst in the 9th in save situations. haha

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I believe this is a better "team" than the 2015 team. This year's squad doesn't have many star players but they have good players. In 2015, the Mets relied a lot on Cespedes, home runs, and their starting pitchers. Now, there is not one position player that they are depending on to win. They depend on everyone to do their part.

We have 8 starting pitchers on the team. I thought Zach Wheeler was going to have Tommy John surgery but he was called up from the minors and will start tomorrow. Our starting rotation is now Thor, deGrom, Matz, Harvey and Wheeler. In addition, we have Jason Vargas who is on the DL. Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman are starters who are coming out of the bullpen now. So, I am not worried about the pitching despite the closer giving me angst in the 9th in save situations. haha

In 2015 Murphy killed the Cubs :Cry:. I agree though, the Mets look deep and great on paper.

I was looking at MLB's Top 100 prospects list. The Mets do not have a single player on that list. I don't believe I saw any Cubs either. 

Then you have the Braves who have 8 players on the list, including the 2nd highest rated prospect. The White Sox, the Yankees and the Padres each have 7 prospects listed. The Phillies have 6. 

I saw names of players whose fathers played in MLB -- Fernando Tatis Jr and Vlad Guerrero, Jr. I also saw someone with the last name of Bichette -- may be Dante Bichette's son?

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=prospects

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was looking at MLB's Top 100 prospects list. The Mets do not have a single player on that list. I don't believe I saw any Cubs either. 

Then you have the Braves who have 8 players on the list, including the 2nd highest rated prospect. The White Sox, the Yankees and the Padres each have 7 prospects listed. The Phillies have 6. 

I saw names of players whose fathers played in MLB -- Fernando Tatis Jr and Vlad Guerrero, Jr. I also saw someone with the last name of Bichette -- may be Dante Bichette's son?

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=prospects

The Cubs have such a young team with guys like = Bryant, Rizzo, Contreras, Kyle S, Baez, Russell, Happ, Hendricks, Quintana, and Edwards that they are in Great shape regardless. What they need to do is, just add extra Good veteran Pitching over the next few years so they can compete for WS's.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs have such a young team with guys like = Bryant, Rizzo, Contreras, Kyle S, Baez, Russell, Happ, Hendricks, Quintana, and Edwards that they are in Great shape regardless. What they need to do is, just add extra Good veteran Pitching over the next few years so they can compete for WS's.

I hear you. The Cubs have great players. But teams have to constantly add talent. The Yankees have tons of talent in the majors and in the minors. I am disappointed the Mets don't anymore. If they need to acquire a veteran or other key player for the playoffs, they will lose out to teams with better prospects (they don't have as good prospects to offer as a team like the Yankees or Braves do).

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pirates beat Cubs Boooooooooo

Lol don't worry it wont last , I still say the pirates don't have enough. They are off to a great start and still not running away. The Cubs and Cards will battle it out for the division . Only other team I feel has a legit chance other than these two is the Brewers.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol don't worry it wont last , I still say the pirates don't have enough. They are off to a great start and still not running away. The Cubs and Cards will battle it out for the division . Only other team I feel has a legit chance other than these two is the Brewers.

Hey there, my friend. I thought of going to the Brewers at Mets game tonight but I dont want to jinx the Mets. They are playing pretty well. 

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hey there, my friend. I thought of going to the Brewers at Mets game tonight but I dont want to jinx the Mets. They are playing pretty well. 

Yes they are I am not surprised , If they stay healthy they are gonna give the Nats fits trying to win the east

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes they are I am not surprised , If they stay healthy they are gonna give the Nats fits trying to win the east

I agree. It's still so early, tough to tell who's who. Glad to see the Mets are taking care of the BrewCrew. Pirates lost last night as well. Cubs and Cards will get it going IMO, Cubs starting slow like last season.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. It's still so early, tough to tell who's who. Glad to see the Mets are taking care of the BrewCrew. Pirates lost last night as well. Cubs and Cards will get it going IMO, Cubs starting slow like last season.

Yes so did the Cards . 

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

I have really noticed very tight strike zones , has anyone else noticed this in games they are watching ?

Yeah I have notice that too. Ben Zobrist for some odd reason can never catch a break on close calls, this goes back to even the last 2 years. Why I have no idea. With instant replay now, that is the only way the UMPS can control a game is calling balls and strikes. They will get overruled on a safe or out call if wrong. I love instant replay but it still doesn't help how a game is called.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

By the way I like the team they have put together.

I do too. Todd Frazier was a great signing. I like leaders like him. The Mets are playing the kind of baseball that I appreciate. This team is so different from most Mets teams that depend on the home run. They get timely hits and don't leave too many guys on base. They hustle. Their relief pitching is good. I like what I see. 

10 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I have really noticed very tight strike zones , has anyone else noticed this in games they are watching ?

I had not noticed but I will check for that. If MLB is trying to speed up the game, perhaps the umps are under pressure to call more strikes.

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

What a comeback, would rather not get down by that many runs though!!! Should be an interesting season, at least until we get firing on all cylinders!

48F00BC1-2174-43B0-9ED9-2283282A7C50.jpeg

I have been at work all day and when I left work we were down 10-3. My God did we wake up! I just looked and seen we won. I will have to check out the highlights. I was wondering why you were laughing.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been at work all day and when I left work we were down 10-3. My God did we wake up! I just looked and seen we won. I will have to check out the highlights. I was wondering why you were laughing.

I watched beginning stopped threw a baseball and came back to computer. Kept getting notifications and put it back on just before Javys double. Then laughed at the side arm pitchers first pitch it looked like me. haha

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That game was a roller coaster of emotions for sure

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, it was bad yesterday. I was hoping the teams would do it again haha. A day off is good though. Gives the guys a rest.

I'm happy that our players including Rizzo get a day off and can go tomorrow more than likely. Also can watch pacers game without worrying about keeping up with cubs

Archived