Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Raven Clark slated to start again

TKnight24

18 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I'd also like to see an upgrade from Pagano, but Harbaugh, Payton, Gruden and Cowher were not available/interested. I have no idea if Irsay had interest in Meyer, unproven at the pro level. The jury is out on Gase. Miami may make the playoffs, but they have 1 win vs a winning team(Pitt). We'll know soon enough about McDaniels as I'm sure there'll be several offers coming his way this off season. Just saying I don't think there are a lot of good options out there. 

Having said that, it doesn't mean you stick with what you got if you think the team is underachieving. I do think 5 years is enough time for Irsay to make a definitive decision on whether or not Pagano is the guy to lead this team to championship contender status. 

If you think there is NOT a better option then you stick with what you have.....

The key is who will you get that is better and fits what you want to do?

It's not an automatic that the person is out there......

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I'd also like to see an upgrade from Pagano, but Harbaugh, Payton, Gruden and Cowher were not available/interested. I have no idea if Irsay had interest in Meyer, unproven at the pro level. The jury is out on Gase. Miami may make the playoffs, but they have 1 win vs a winning team(Pitt). We'll know soon enough about McDaniels as I'm sure there'll be several offers coming his way this off season. Just saying I don't think there are a lot of good options out there. 

Having said that, it doesn't mean you stick with what you got if you think the team is underachieving. I do think 5 years is enough time for Irsay to make a definitive decision on whether or not Pagano is the guy to lead this team to championship contender status. 

Could have had Payton for a 2nd round pick last year..Could have had Harbaugh 2 years ago when he was fired, Gruden has been quoted as saying the one job he would consider would be coaching Andrew Luck..As far as 2nd tier coaches,  Im sure we could have hired Gase or McDaniels last yr..If we offered Harbaugh, Gruden, or Meyer the $$$ im sure we would land one of them..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Could have had Payton for a 2nd round pick last year..Could have had Harbaugh 2 years ago when he was fired, Gruden has been quoted as saying the one job he would consider would be coaching Andrew Luck..As far as 2nd tier coaches,  Im sure we could have hired Gase or McDaniels last yr..If we offered Harbaugh, Gruden, or Meyer the $$$ im sure we would land one of them..

What makes Payton a good option?  He's been losing with a Hall of Fame quarterback at the helm for quite some time now.  What has he done for anybody lately?

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Mcdaniels ain't shown anything other than he's good under Bill Bellichick.  That's about it.

Could have had Payton for a 2nd round pick last year..Could have had Harbaugh 2 years ago when he was fired, Gruden has been quoted as saying the one job he would consider would be coaxhing Andrew Luck..As far as 2nd tier coachws Im sure we could have hired Gase or McDaniels last yr..If we offered Harbaugh, Gruden, or Meyer rhe $$$ im sure we would land one of them..

I am confident that if Irsay was going to replace Pagano last year, or if he is considering replacing him this year, that Harbaugh, Gruden and possibly a couple of others you mentioned would be at the top of his list, and would receive a call from him. 

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Mcdaniels ain't shown anything other than he's good under Bill Bellichick.  That's about it.

He is like my 6th option, still better than Pagano...just saying..We have a team that can win now if things shake out right next yr, most importantly injuries..Pagano can be counted on to lose at least 2 games a year on stupid decisions, switch him with a coach who wins 2 games a yr on readiness and strategy and we have a #2 seed and first round bye, 2 games away from Super Bowl..

Why?  He's LOSING.  What makes you think it will be any different?  He's been losing in a division that has been just as crap as the Colts on several occasions.

We have superior talent on both sides of the ball compared to New Orleans right now by far

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He is like my 6th option, still better than Pagano...just saying..We have a team that can win now if things shake out right next yr, most imortantly injuries..Pagano can be counted on to lose at least 2 games a year on stupid decisions, swithch him with a coach who wins 2 games a yr on readiness and strategy and we have a too 2 seed and first round bye 2 games away from Super Bowl..

Both of those guys have had their shots and they ain't produced better than Chuck.  If you tell me Saban or somebody else that is really head and shoulders above in terms of being a leader, thinker, producer then maybe.  But not those two guys.  And I still have a problem with Saban because he ran out on his team when the going got tough. Maybe that's changed, but it still don't sit well with me.      Paganos been dealing with some bad personnel for a while now.

We have superior talent on both sides of the ball compared to New Orleans right now by far

I just can't get past a guy who thought it was cool to draft Tim Tebow in the first round.   I can't let it go!  Speaking about Mcdaniels.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Not only losing, but the he won only 5-6 games losing!   Pagano has never produced anything of the sort even with bad personnel JShipp.

That's were we differ, I don't think our personnel is bad..Injuries have destroyed us last 2 years especially. .I like our talent and they r young..We need a franchise back a couple edge guys, a cover ilb, and a # 2 corner..other than that we r a coach away..All that should b fixed this off-season. .if we play our cards right we should b a machine next year..This season is a blessing in disguise..If we somehow get lucky and get in playoffs this year,  we can beat anyone if we play to our potential..

That's were we differ, I don't think our personnel is bad..Injuries have destroyed us last 2 years especially. .I like our talent and they r young..We need a franchise back a couple edge guys, a cover ilb, and a # 2 corner..other than that we r a coach away..All that should b fixed this off-season. .if we play our cards right we should b a machine next year..This season is a blessing in disguise..If we somehow get lucky and get in playoffs this year,  we can beat anyone if we play to our potential..

Over Paganos tenure the Personnel has been bad.  It's getting better, but the bulk of it the personnel has been bad.  Me personally I'm bringing down the hammer if we don't see results in 2017 after getting tons of youth added to the roster and some free agent additions. 

Both of those guys have had their shots and they ain't produced better than Chuck.  If you tell me Saban or somebody else that is really head and shoulders above in terms of being a leader, thinker, producer then maybe.  But not those two guys.  And I still have a problem with Saban because he ran out on his team when the going got tough. Maybe that's changed, but it still don't sit well with me.      Paganos been dealing with some bad personnel for a while now.

You lost me when you sais Pagano and "Thinker" he is a likeable rah rah guy..I think he would be a heckuva college coach and recruiter. .He isn't an NFL head coach we win in spite of him not because of him...

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You lost me when you sais Pagano and "Thinker" he is a likeable rah rah guy..I think he would be a heckuva college coach and recruiter. .He isn't an NFL head coach we win in spite of him not because of him...

I didn't lose you, I was clear.  I don't think across the board Payton and Mcdaniels have proven themselves to be better with the opportunities they've had.  I don't think you're talking about people who are head and shoulders better than Pagano.   I can relate if you're talking about maybe Saban and Harbaugh as far as being the complete package.  But not Mcdaniels and Payton.  And besides Harbaugh and Saban are not available. Nor do they look like they will be available.

Personnel wise we have made huge leaps last 2 years..Grigson is getting better..I like our team talent wise man..Eyeball test I see it...We aren't that far away..We are a good offseason away..Look at Raiders as an example

I agree with not being far away.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

No way man...injuries have killed us in every way..talent is there..Not super bowl talent, but def playoff make some noise talent...

Payton has had very good offenses and their defensive talent has been equal to or better than the Colts in more than one season.  Junior Galette and Cameron Jordan have been better than anybody we've had on this D line for example.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Payton has had very good offenses and their defensive talent has been equal to or better than the Colts in more than one season.  Junior Galette and Cameron Jordan have been better than anybody we've had on this D line for example.

Edge rushers yes..Anderson, McGill, Ridgeway, Parry are better than any dt they have...Davis is better than any corner they have..green, adams, geathers, and butler compared to vacaro who is the only good safety..I think edwin jackson is gonna be an all pro and morrison keeps getting better..We get a #2 corner,  and a few edge rushers, and coverage ilb we r dangerous. ...we r young man, only gonna get better on both sides..

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

On offense we r superior on line, recievers and tight end..they might have us on qb and rb right now and idk about that..

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Edge rushers yes..Anderson, McGill, Ridgeway, Parry are better than any dt they have...Davis is better than any corner they have..green, adams, geathers, and butler compared to vacaro who is the only good safety..I think edwin jackson is gonna be an all pro and morrison keeps getting better..We get a #2 corner,  and a few edge rushers, and coverage ilb we r dangerous. ...we r young man, only gonna get better on both sides..

Yeah but I'm talking about past seasons.  My point is I'm willing to give him one more year. Next season should be the best personnel he's had in a long time.  Continuity will be there as far as schemes and coaching staff. The line should be better on both sides of the ball.  A lot of things should be better.   If Irsay feels this is the guy who can get it done then 2017 should be ideal.  And if he can't get it done with favorable conditions then it's time to move on.  I'll give him 2017 as my breaking point. 

Just now, krunk said:

Yeah but I'm talking about past seasons.  My point is I'm willing to give him one more year. Next season should be the best personnel he's had in a long time.  Continuity will be there as far as schems and coaching staff. The line should be better on both sides of the ball.  A lot of things should be better.   If Irsay feels this is the guy who can get it done then 2017 should be ideal.  And if he can't get it done with favorable conditions then it's time to move on.  I'll give him 2017 as my breaking point. 

I think we are probably stuck with him, and I also think we will be real good next yr...I think if we got a big fish at coach next year it could be the difference in winning Super Bowl or getting blown out by New England in AFC championship game...If we keep getting decimated by injuries we screwed regardless though..

This is a good idea especially if we are already out of the playoff picture. Gives us a real chance to see how well Haeg and Clark do amd take it into the future. This could be week 1 starting lineup next year.

The coaches must be working their butts off trying to get a whole bunch of rookies, second year players and other young guys ready to play all over the roster. If only Grigson could hit some free agents so we'd have qualiry vets we'd be great.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

This is a good idea especially if we are already out of the playoff picture. Gives us a real chance to see how well Haeg and Clark do amd take it into the future. This could be week 1 starting lineup next year.

The coaches must be working their butts off trying to get a whole bunch of rookies, second year players and other young guys ready to play all over the roster. If only Grigson could hit some free agents so we'd have qualiry vets we'd be great.

Why i think we need to pay up for the best, quality over quantity. ..Bring in Chandler Jones even if it means keeping Art, add Jamie Collins the coverage ilb we desperately need,  and Joe Haden as #2 cb, supplement rest of defense through draft we should be dangerous..

3 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We need to use a 1st or 2nd to get a true franchise back..Other than that the rest of draft and free agency can go to building this defense..Our offense is basically set, our o-line is looking good and they are so young..Philbin really has them ascending and I believe they'll be one of the better lines in the league with next 2 years.. Concentrate on finding 2 RUSH linebackers,  corner, ilb, and depth on defense and we are gonna be tough to deal with next year..This can all be done this offseason thru draft and free agency we have plenty of cap room...We need to get a couple big fish in free agency and spend what we have to to get them..Add a Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, and Joe Haden and draft some young talent and we will be 13-3 next year even with Pagano, add a real HC and we will be SB Champs..

If Jim sees it the same way as you do then he will not make a change at HC.  He said he believes in continuity and he just gave them both extensions.  If the team keeps improving there is no need to change. If the team falls on its face or collapses that's a different story.  I don't know who the real HC is you have in mind but if it's a college coach or an ex coach working TV they better let Jim know they're interested now because next year they are in the playoffs and beyond and both will be locked in for the long haul.  I agree 100% on everything you said above.  We are in the minority because  I too agree on a RB in the first but no later than the second.  People here really underestimate what a real franchise RB brings to the table.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Saturday sucked?        Seriously?

He was one and done in Green Bay because he was old.....       not because he sucked.

Holy Cow.........     :facepalm:

Saturday was legit..That being said, i think Kelly could be a perennial all pro..

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If Jim sees it the same way as you do then he will not make a change at HC.  He said he believes in continuity and he just gave them both extensions.  If the team keeps improving there is no need to change. If the team falls on its face or collapses that's a different story.  I don't know who the real HC is you have in mind but if it's a college coach or an ex coach working TV they better let Jim know they're interested now because next year they are in the playoffs and beyond and both will be locked in for the long haul.  I agree 100% on everything you said above.  We are in the minority because  I too agree on a RB in the first but no later than the second.  People here really underestimate what a real franchise RB brings to the table.  

Look at cowboys,  a transcendent talent a rb can change everything..we r in a position to take a rb early because our offense is already top 5..Only thing we r lacking is rb, we can focus rest of draft and free agency on defense. ...Our defense has some holes , but has upcoming talent as well, next yr we should be serious contenders if we play draft and offseason right..

Funny thing is, if Turbin got 25 carries a game I think he could be a 1400 yd back..Id take Fournette, Cook, or McCaffery before him, but its nice having him just in case..If he had gore's opportunities I think he would outperform this old frank gore version we have..I like Todmans big play skills as well, he is vastly underused, he could be that Darren Sproles for us..That too, shows you coaching matters, grigson got us some guys just saying..

24 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Funny thing is, if Turbin got 25 carries a game I think he could be a 1400 yd back..Id take Fournette, Cook, or McCaffery before him, but its nice having him just in case..If he had gore's opportunities I think he would outperform this old frank gore version we have..I like Todmans big play skills as well, he is vastly underused, he could be that Darren Sproles for us..That too, shows you coaching matters, grigson got us some guys just saying..

I agree all of the backs should be utilized more on the ground.  I felt Turbin should have gotten at least 10 carries a game.  And especially in short yardage. He should be the feature guy on short yardage and goal line.  No way he should be on the bench in those situations. He's too good when it comes to short yardage and goal line.  I don't know about 1400 yards for Turbin overall, but I do think he could have been productive for sure.

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

I agree all of the backs should be utilized more on the ground.  I felt Turbin should have gotten at least 10 carries a game.  And especially in short yardage. He should be the feature guy on short yardage and goal line.  No way he should be on the bench in those situations. He's too good when it comes to short yardage and goal line.  I don't know about 1400 yards for Turbin overall, but I do think he could have been productive for sure.

I honestly think he would outperform frank..eyeball test he is better..that too goes to coaching

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you think there is NOT a better option then you stick with what you have.....

The key is who will you get that is better and fits what you want to do?

It's not an automatic that the person is out there......

How do you know they r not interested? ?? Money talks..just saying..I guarantee one could be made interested if Irsay is willing..Might have to cut back on guitar buying for a year to make up for it though..