Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toddman

Jdubu

I'd like some input on what others see when they see Toddman get the ball at RB? 

What i recall seeing king this past game was, he looks like a missile shot out of the gun. He is 0-80 in a flash. His footwork though looks extremely odd. He looked a few times like he was wearing skates or he was slipping on the turf idk. He looks like maybe he is over trying to make an impression maybe? I feel like if he were to get any hole up the gut, he would be gone. The speed at what he leaves with as he gets the ball is just extreme to me. Maybe it's because we are so used to watching more patient type runners, or haveing seen Edge just glide or seeing concrete feet Trent and now a more powerful runner with Gore. 

Im just wondering what everyone else sees with this kid. Does he have any chance to succeed as a starter rb here or envisioned as just a piece on the team kind of guy?

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like Todman.  We should have used him more this season.

Still am grasping for a good reason as to why we have held

on to Josh Ferguson.  I still don't see where his value is.

His case proves to me life is all about opportunity.  Some guys don't get a shot and then some guys like Ferguson are the ones coaches drool over and everyone else is like whaaaaat?!  seen it my whole life and it just cracks me up and can't hate but can't help saying "must be nice!"

I would have liked to see what Todman could do with more chances... But I don't see why everyone is so down on Ferguson, he was an undrafted rookie who flashed some good qualities... IMO think you see the coaches going with Ferguson because of his potential and his ceiling is potentially much higher than Todman. 

52 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Dominic Rhodes would shoot out of a Canon too he was a beast man at least for those 2 yrs

So is Toddman a Rhodes like player you think? Rhodes certainly help us win the SB even though they had to give the award to Manning of MVP of he game, it arguably could have been Rhodes. 

What about his slipping footwork though, do you think it was his trying to move too fast or the field/wrong cleats etc? 

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I like Todman.  We should have used him more this season.

Still am grasping for a good reason as to why we have held

on to Josh Ferguson.  I still don't see where his value is.

All of these tries at a RB in the later rounds or undrafted rookies will stop this year.  It just doesn't work. I think we will go RB early and I mean early.  Gore is 34.  This year they address it.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

All of these tries at a RB in the later rounds or undrafted rookies will stop this year.  It just doesn't work. I think we will go RB early and I mean early.  Gore is 34.  This year they address it.

I wouldn't mind having gore back for another year, but most definitely we need to pick up a young horse in this draft.  A young horse that can tote the rock 20-25 carries if we needed it from him.  Young Cat, Gore, Turbin, Todman.  Please get rid of Ferguson!  Hasn't shown me much of anything as a runner.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

That made me so glad to see them give Turbin more than 2 carries against the Vikings.  They should have been gving him 7-10 carries for most of the season in every game.  We should have banged him and Gore against Houston for much of that game.