Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wouldn't It Be Interesting If......

AZColt11

.....Tolzien defied the odds and had a great game Thursday?  Like 300+ yards and 3 TD's?  Even if the Colts still lost that would be worth talking about.  Count me in the numbers who would rather see Morris than Tolzien.  But isn't it like the Colts to do something unexpected?  Something nobody really sees coming?  This would sure rank right up there if it did.

I wouldn't put it past Tolzien to have a solid game. I could see something like maybe 200 + yards, 2 TDs and 1 pick. Obviously that's nothing to write home about, but I doubt he's gonna have a dumpster fire game like that one Ryan Lindley performance in the playoffs.

Problem is, a) It probably won't be enough to keep up with Big Ben b) Even if it were, the Steelers will likely do a better job at controlling the clock and/or c)the defense will just suck and it won't matter (especially with Geathers and Davis gone/hurt). 

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I wouldn't put it past Tolzien to have a solid game. I could see something like maybe 200 + yards, 2 TDs and 1 pick. Obviously that's nothing to write home about, but I doubt he's gonna have a dumpster fire game like that one Ryan Lindley performance in the playoffs.

Problem is, a) It probably won't be enough to keep up with Big Ben b) Even if it were, the Steelers will likely do a better job at controlling the clock and/or c)the defense will just suck and it won't matter (especially with Geathers and Davis gone/hurt). 

Probably.  But this team is hard to figure out.  They are just as likely to upset the Steelers and then lay an egg in NY as anything.

To win tonight the Colts are going to need the line and Frank Gore to control the clock and Tolzien to make a few key throws here or there.  If the game falls on the shoulders of the backup QB then the Colts are going to be in trouble like most other teams if they are counting on the back up QB to go win the game by himself.

I think Jack Doyle is going to have a monster game. 8-10 catches, 90+ yards, 1 TD. I doubt Frank Gore is going to be able to run all over the steelers with them expecting the run. This game strictly lies on the hands of EVERY player that takes the field today. It has to be a total TEAM effort!