Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1,000 yard rusher

CR91

The colt need a big game out of him Thursday. If he gets 90 yards he'd be well on his way. A season best performance might be the shot in the arm we need to stay relevant in the game. The Steelers allow a middle of the pack 4.2 yards. Pit has injuries to WR with Wheaton on IR. I think it's possible to contain Cotes. Deangelo Williams is probably out. Roet

I don't believe 1000 yards is at all important. It''s just because 1000 is an even number. Team wins and losses are the only important stats. 1000 yds is just personal vanity. Cleveland may go winless yet there some players may have some nice individual stats that don't matter a hill of beans.

17 hours ago, GoBlue12 said:

I don't believe 1000 yards is at all important. It''s just because 1000 is an even number. Team wins and losses are the only important stats. 1000 yds is just personal vanity. Cleveland may go winless yet there some players may have some nice individual stats that don't matter a hill of beans.

It's a milestone here. almost a decade and we haven't had one

22 hours ago, GoBlue12 said:

I agree.  1000 yards in a 16 game season isn't that noteworthy, in my opinion.  That comes out to an average of 62.5 yards per game, which isn't anything spectacular

colts have the worst offensive line in the league. Can't expect much from the run game. They cant pass block either. Why hasn't Grigson  solved or even improved the OL. They felt sorry for Filbin and gave him a job. They make the QB the highest paid man, he cant stay off his back or in the starting line up. Defense cant tackle. you have to have good LBers to run the 3-4 defense. They only have one. They took their best rushing lineman and made him a linebacker, an he is 39 years old.  I cant spell for @$$&. It goes on and on.

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.  1000 yards in a 16 game season isn't that noteworthy, in my opinion.  That comes out to an average of 62.5 yards per game, which isn't anything spectacular

And yet we haven't had a back do it

11 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

colts have the worst offensive line in the league. Can't expect much from the run game. They cant pass block either. Why hasn't Grigson  solved or even improved the OL. They felt sorry for Filbin and gave him a job. They make the QB the highest paid man, he cant stay off his back or in the starting line up. Defense cant tackle. you have to have good LBers to run the 3-4 defense. They only have one. They took their best rushing lineman and made him a linebacker, an he is 39 years old.  I cant spell for @$$&. It goes on and on.

I think the point about the linebackers is the best one.  This organization has ignored that position since Polian and then went to a defensive scheme that relies on the position more than any other.  For years, I have been saying this team needs to draft a star linebacker early and now more than ever. 

11 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

This is the first luck has been injured this year Kelly will be a good center and the rest needs built and the defense needs overhauled.