Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Christensen Not To Be Resigned

CS Colts Fan

That seals the deal for Manning's departure. My question is...why are the Colts taking longer to make these changes that seemed obvious? For example, we kept Caldwell on after the season, and then let Christensen hang on too. Just seems like once you decide to clean house you get it done right away.

That seals the deal for Manning's departure. My question is...why are the Colts taking longer to make these changes that seemed obvious? For example, we kept Caldwell on after the season, and then let Christensen hang on too. Just seems like once you decide to clean house you get it done right away.

It doesn't completely because the guy we brought in to replace him was Manning's QB coach when Manning first came into the NFL. So there is still a tie there.

With that said that's not as good as the first news that broke that said Christensen was going to move to WR's coach if you are in the keep Peyton camp.

Peyton will be cut free before the scouting combine,just saw it on rotoworld per jason lacanfora.

Why would we do that, we just hired an OC

I think we will hire a QB coach for Luck ( or whoever the draft) We seem to be changing everything and I think the OC will be focusing more on the total Offense get the running game started .. JMHO.., but then again of PM is back he would have more time to develope the QB.. I don;t see that happening though.

I would not be surprised if they hire Eagles Coach/ OC Marty Mornhinweg for our QB he is suppose to be a great QB coach

It doesn't work this way. 1. He has a contract. Teams aren't likely to let guys go to take a demotion (which going from OC to QB coach certainly is) 2. It's doubtful he'd want to. 3. The logistics wouldn't add up for anyone. A QB coach is unlikely to make OC money, and the Colts are unlikely to want to pay a QB coach nearly as much as an OC anyway.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120128/SPORTS03/120128012/Pagano-eyes-ex-Colts-QB-coach-offensive-head?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s

By no means am I saying the OP's source is wrong. I just haven't seen anyone else saying Christensen wont be back on our staff next year. Having so experience with Fox Sports Radio sometimes they say what they think is going to happen and present it like it is what is happening. It could be the Fox Sports guy just assumed the new OC ment that Christensen is out and since the Bears had interest in him earlier this off-season that he would end up there.

Chappall and JMV both local guys are reportings Christensen will remain with the Colts as recievers coach. So I think it's up in the air a little bit.

Again I am not saying the first posters source is wrong because it could turn out to be right for sure.

http://www.indystar....|IndyStar.com|s

By no means am I saying the OP's source is wrong. I just haven't seen anyone else saying Christensen wont be back on our staff next year. Having so experience with Fox Sports Radio sometimes they say what they think is going to happen and present it like it is what is happening. It could be the Fox Sports guy just assumed the new OC ment that Christensen is out and since the Bears had interest in him earlier this off-season that he would end up there.

Chappall and JMV both local guys are reportings Christensen will remain with the Colts as recievers coach. So I think it's up in the air a little bit.

Again I am not saying the first posters source is wrong because it could turn out to be right for sure.

I just saw the same thing. There are conflicting reports out there right now.

Because hindsight is 20-20, do you know how utterly stupid it is to make bold decisions without due-thought when billions are at stake.

Because hindsight is 20-20, do you know how utterly stupid it is to make bold decisions without due-thought when billions are at stake.

You don't think Irsay's been thinking about these moves all year? We fired Larry Coyer mid season no problem. We fired nearly the whole coaching staff. Seems like almost all other teams start firing right away so they can begin the search for the best available. Looks like we were behind the ball.

I dont know. It seems to me if Mr. Irsay was so intent on letting Peyton go then why bring in his QB coach from the beginning of his career and keep Christiansen on. It might just be that he was the best person for the job, but it helps the cause to keep Peyton in my opinion.

I don't think Irsay is intent on letting Peyton go. I think he very badly wants Peyton to be healthy but I also think Irsay feels like if he's not healthy he has to do it to protect the future of the franchise. I am sure if he does release Peyton Manning it's not going to be a day Jim Irsay is looking forward too.

I don't think the door has completely been shut on Manning yet either. I think if he's healthy he stays. If he's not I think he goes. I think the Colts are getting ready for the worst and hoping for the best.

I don't think Irsay is intent on letting Peyton go. I think he very badly wants Peyton to be healthy but I also think Irsay feels like if he's not healthy he has to do it to protect the future of the franchise. I am sure if he does release Peyton Manning it's not going to be a day Jim Irsay is looking forward too.

I don't think the door has completely been shut on Manning yet either. I think if he's healthy he stays. If he's not I think he goes. I think the Colts are getting ready for the worst and hoping for the best.

Sounds about right.