Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TK´s Mock draft after 4 games

I know this is way to soon to be talking about who the colts are going to pick come draft week.

But if the tendency of losing continues the rest of the season, this team will end up picking somewhere between 1-6 in the draft.

I dont think the colts will have the first pick in the draft, because the team and Andrew Luck are not the worst team in the league, and I think this team will manage to win at least 4 games, which will be close to the worst record this year.

This is my first ever mock draft, so dont judge me too hard, when I swing and miss, but lets go.

1 Round: colts select as nr. 3. 

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

2 Round:

Carroll Phillips, DE/OLB, Illinois 

3 Round:

Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon 

5 Round:

Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklohoma State

6 Round:

Jonathan Ford, FS, Auburn 

7 Round:

Andreas Knappe, OT, Conneticut

For me this would be a great draft for this team, probably won't happen, but if this was it after draft day, we would instantly become a better team.

I really like picks 2 onward in your early draft.  I also think Phillips could be a dynamic play-maker.  He'll have to adjust back to OLB, but that's all he was in high school, and junior college, it's just at Illinois he put a hand in the dirt.  He simply makes plays, and a lot of them behind the line of scrimmage. 

I would say, though, If the Colts are in a position to take Fournette, I'd prefer to go Tim Williams or Jonathan Allen, or even one of the top LTs (Robinson), or CB (Tabor).  I think Fournette and Cook will be taken early.  Top 10 early.  And in that range I'd much rather take a player at a position where nearly equal value can't be found in later rounds.  RB can be found later, especially this year.  I'm also concerned about the injuries/mileage on Fournette. 

The other thing is I'm not sure why we're missing a 4th rounder above.  The Colts only lost pick may be from Billy Winn - they got him from Cleveland for a conditional pick in 2015 for a 2017 draft pick.  I don't know if the conditions were met though.  So they could be missing a pick, but it won't be a 4th.  Maybe a 6th or 7th. 

But I do like that draft. 

38 minutes ago, MSColtsFan said:

I really like picks 2 onward in your early draft.  I also think Phillips could be a dynamic play-maker.  He'll have to adjust back to OLB, but that's all he was in high school, and junior college, it's just at Illinois he put a hand in the dirt.  He simply makes plays, and a lot of them behind the line of scrimmage. 

I would say, though, If the Colts are in a position to take Fournette, I'd prefer to go Tim Williams or Jonathan Allen, or even one of the top LTs (Robinson), or CB (Tabor).  I think Fournette and Cook will be taken early.  Top 10 early.  And in that range I'd much rather take a player at a position where nearly equal value can't be found in later rounds.  RB can be found later, especially this year.  I'm also concerned about the injuries/mileage on Fournette. 

The other thing is I'm not sure why we're missing a 4th rounder above.  The Colts only lost pick may be from Billy Winn - they got him from Cleveland for a conditional pick in 2015 for a 2017 draft pick.  I don't know if the conditions were met though.  So they could be missing a pick, but it won't be a 4th.  Maybe a 6th or 7th. 

They should have two 4ths next year which includes the fleener comp pick. 

1 hour ago, MSColtsFan said:

Fournette is a much better player than anyone in the draft besides maybe Garrett. I wouldn't mind taking him at all even though I'm not advocating for taking a RB early. 

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Agreed. 1st round pick needs to be OLB or CB. And hopefully Indy has a new qualified GM to make the pick. 

Being the crazy draft freak that I am,  I've already projected that the next two drafts (17 and 18) we should go OLB and CB with our 1st and 2nd picks.        We are so in need of pass rush and corners to defend.

I think our RB,  the eventual replacement for Gore comes this draft in the 3rd round.    There should be a quality guy there to draft.

On 10/6/2016 at 8:07 AM, ThorstenDenmark said:

I know this is way to soon to be talking about who the colts are going to pick come draft week.

But if the tendency of losing continues the rest of the season, this team will end up picking somewhere between 1-6 in the draft.

I dont think the colts will have the first pick in the draft, because the team and Andrew Luck are not the worst team in the league, and I think this team will manage to win at least 4 games, which will be close to the worst record this year.

This is my first ever mock draft, so dont judge me too hard, when I swing and miss, but lets go.

1 Round: colts select as nr. 3. 

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

2 Round:

Carroll Phillips, DE/OLB, Illinois 

3 Round:

Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon 

5 Round:

Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklohoma State

6 Round:

Jonathan Ford, FS, Auburn 

7 Round:

Andreas Knappe, OT, Conneticut

For me this would be a great draft for this team, probably won't happen, but if this was it after draft day, we would instantly become a better team.

Just some food for thought.....

Consider removing the two OT's from your board.

We drafted two OT's just earlier this year in Clark and Haeg.

As you know Haeg is already playing and even starting.    Clark is a diamond that needs a lot of polishing.

But Clark has the higher upside, that's why he was taken in the 3rd round, and Haeg in the 5th.

So, Clark is going to start somewhere at some point.

Don't even be surprised if 3-4 years down the road, Clark is our LT and Haeg is our RT.     I wouldn't rule it out.

So, our need for more OT talent in 17, after taking two in 16 is really pretty low.

On 13. oktober 2016 at 8:56 AM, NewColtsFan said:

As you know Haeg is already playing and even starting.    Clark is a diamond that needs a lot of polishing.

But Clark has the higher upside, that's why he was taken in the 3rd round, and Haeg in the 5th.

Don't even be surprised if 3-4 years down the road, Clark is our LT and Haeg is our RT.     I wouldn't rule it out.

So, our need for more OT talent in 17, after taking two in 16 is really pretty low.

We need to protect Andrew Luck, therefore I have us taking two OT.

As of right now, our o-line sucks. We can't wait 2-3-4 years for guys to develop. If we do, we need to draft a new QB, cause Luck will be banged up pretty hard in two years with our sucky o-line.

Andreas Knappe is Danish, and of course it would be a dream come true for me, if the colts drafted him. But besides from that, he is a guy people and especially the people responsible for the colts draft next year should look at.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andreas_knappe_810035.html

He will become a starter in the NFL, and can we get him in the 7th round, it would be the steal of the draft.

Again im Danish and so is he, but the colts need a true viking to protect Andrew Luck.

57 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

We need to protect Andrew Luck, therefore I have us taking two OT.

As of right now, our o-line sucks. We can't wait 2-3-4 years for guys to develop. If we do, we need to draft a new QB, cause Luck will be banged up pretty hard in two years with our sucky o-line.

Andreas Knappe is Danish, and of course it would be a dream come true for me, if the colts drafted him. But besides from that, he is a guy people and especially the people responsible for the colts draft next year should look at.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andreas_knappe_810035.html

He will become a starter in the NFL, and can we get him in the 7th round, it would be the steal of the draft.

Again im Danish and so is he, but the colts need a true viking to protect Andrew Luck.

Picking two O-linemen because we have to wait for our already picked o-linemen to develop don't make sense?

Grigson used 4 picks for the o-line this year. As it looks they already look to take the jobs with development.

IMO the most important finds in the draft should be a couple of linebackers over any other position.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:56 PM, NewColtsFan said:

That's is how I think it shakes out too or hope anyway. Haeg RT then Clark at LT in 2018 or 19 He is the primary back up next year. We don't need to draft a T. We could use a RG. 

My 2017 draft 1.Barnett OLB 2. Cunningham ILB  3.Sutton/Awuzie CB  4. RB 4.GlasgowDT/NT   5.Ejiofor OLB 6. Pumphrey

I don't think we need to or should go RB until day 3,Pumphrey will be what Ferguson is supposed to be. Then we get Smith Hill maybe Foreman Mixon there will be good backs there early day 3. There are too many not to be

We need to LB's and CB'S in the draft first 2 days IMIO Barnett Cunningham Sutton or Awuzie should help day 1. I really like  Charles off the edge too 

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

That's is how I think it shakes out too or hope anyway. Haeg RT then Clark at LT in 2018 or 19 He is the primary back up next year. We don't need to draft a T. We could use a RG. 

My 2017 draft 1.Barnett OLB 2. Cunningham ILB  3.Sutton/Awuzie CB  4. RB 4.GlasgowDT/NT   5.Ejiofor OLB 6. Pumphrey

I don't think we need to or should go RB until day 3,Pumphrey will be what Ferguson is supposed to be. Then we get Smith Hill maybe Foreman Mixon there will be good backs there early day 3. There are too many not to be

We need to LB's and CB'S in the draft first 2 days IMIO Barnett Cunningham Sutton or Awuzie should help day 1. I really like  Charles off the edge too 

Looks like your projecting the Colts to be OUT of the playoffs this year?

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Looks like your projecting the Colts to be OUT of the playoffs this year?

I think we have a really good shot to win the division. Hopefully we get going Sunday. A win would be huge. I think we could get this turned around.

We need to solve the problem at CB2 maybe look at Green, Morris or Melvin might be the best option. I don't want to see what we know doesn't work Butler or Robinson. 

I'm hopeful Anderson and maybe Jones can help the pass rush. Also we start scheming some pressure. 

Why do you think that I was packing it in for 2017?  The Barnett pick? He's not a gifted athlete I think his combine numbers put him at the end of the first I have us meeting around 24. Guys like Lorenzo Carter and Turay have my interest too later on. 

The Cunningham pick might be wishful thinking. I'd love to have this kid sideline to sideline speed and can cover.  He's making a lot of noise even being at Vanderbilt 

We need to get at least 1 OLB an ILB and a CB2 for the D from this draft. An upgrade at NT/DT a guy who can get to the QB would be gravy. The O of course a RB. I'm not sure we don't still need a RG. That's what I would address after the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

I think we have a really good shot to win the division. Hopefully we get going Sunday. A win would be huge. I think we could get this turned around.

We need to solve the problem at CB2 maybe look at Green, Morris or Melvin might be the best option. I don't want to see what we know doesn't work Butler or Robinson. 

I'm hopeful Anderson and maybe Jones can help the pass rush. Also we start scheming some pressure. 

Why do you think that I was packing it in for 2017?  The Barnett pick? He's not a gifted athlete I think his combine numbers put him at the end of the first I have us meeting around 24. Guys like Lorenzo Carter and Turay have my interest too later on. 

The Cunningham pick might be wishful thinking. I'd love to have this kid sideline to sideline speed and can cover.  He's making a lot of noise even being at Vanderbilt 

We need to get at least 1 OLB an ILB and a CB2 for the D from this draft. An upgrade at NT/DT a guy who can get to the QB would be gravy. The O of course a RB. I'm not sure we don't still need a RG. That's what I would address after the playoffs. 

Well....   if you think we're going roughly 9-7, or even 8-8 then there's a good chance (better than 50/50?)  that we're not going to be able to draft Barnett.      He should be gone before we pick around 16-20.

We're not going to solve all our problems in one draft, or even one off-season.      We have a lot to do to build this defense.     That side of the ball needs a lot of work,  and we haven't paid much attention to it.

45 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   if you think we're going roughly 9-7, or even 8-8 then there's a good chance (better than 50/50?)  that we're not going to be able to draft Barnett.      He should be gone before we pick around 16-20.

We're not going to solve all our problems in one draft, or even one off-season.      We have a lot to do to build this defense.     That side of the ball needs a lot of work,  and we haven't paid much attention to it.

I have a surprise for you NCF We disagree. I have Barnett going mid to late 1st. He isn't the elite athlete Garrett or even Lawson is. He will slide at the combine while guy's like Lawson and Carter move up. 

If you watch  UT they move him  around create mismatches which is smart but it manufactures stats. He's a good player but not top 15 in this draft IMO. A healthy Lawson is. 

6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I have a surprise for you NCF We disagree. I have Barnett going mid to late 1st. He isn't the elite athlete Garrett or even Lawson is. He will slide at the combine while guy's like Lawson and Carter move up. 

If you watch  UT they move him  around create mismatches which is smart but it manufactures stats. He's a good player but not top 15 in this draft IMO. A healthy Lawson is. 

Perhaps......    it's way too early for me to know....

But even if we get him at spot 21 with the Colts actually making the playoffs,   we're STILL NOT a completed defense.      Not by a long shot.

I have the Colts devoting their premium picks in the next three drafts to finally build a defense that will hold up and help this team in January.       An average defense isn't going to get it done.    A very good defense is what is needed and those aren't built overnight.