Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Much Time Does Pagano Get?

oldunclemark

If Peyton Manning is released knowing the bulk of this fanbase one game. If him and the new QB don't win day one there will be people starting to call for both their heads because they aren't Peyton Manning day one.

I love this hire and I am willing to give him time and I think others will as well. I just see how knee jerk people were with draft picks and coaches in the past. If Peyton is released I only see that getting worse.

I agree 100%. Its shameful the way many are acting with this Manning situation. When Manning is released(and yes, I think its a foregone conclusion he will) many people espesially a bunch on this forum are going to go into a deep depression and may not be able to function in life at a normal level. If they somehow make it till next season without flinging theirselves off a bridge they will be ready to throw Luck under the bus as soon as he throws 1 incomplete pass or an interception.

If Peyton Manning is released knowing the bulk of this fanbase one game. If him and the new QB don't win day one there will be people starting to call for both their heads because they aren't Peyton Manning day one. I love this hire and I am willing to give him time and I think others will as well. I just see how knee jerk people were with draft picks and coaches in the past. If Peyton is released I only see that getting worse.

I was just coming in to say basically the same thing.

If Manning is cut and goes to another team he will be given one game by this fanbase. If him and Luck struggle out of the gate and Manning goes to antoher team and finds success it will be a long and ugly season.

If Manning retires and things can end nicely I think he will have a few years of understanding and patience.

I am willing to give the guy 3-4 years to get things straight. The Polians made this team so dependent on one guy that it is going to take awhile to correct that. Also, we will have a rookie QB so I am willing to be patient.

I would not be suprised in two years if this fanbase is calling for him to be fired and calling Luck a bust.

The Colts schedule should be fairly easy in view of the 2 and 14 record for 2011. To be a playoff contender dpends on money...what will irsay dish out to be back on top? How extensive will this "rebuild" be? Will they clean house or just get rid of the oldie but goodies? Way too early to guess until we know what evil lurks in the minds of the bosses.

How much time will Pagano get? I am hoping at least 3 years. The talent level of this team is not nearly as good as some may think, even if Peyton Manning was quarterbacking the team and it will take time, players and a good blueprint to win. It is not like San Francisco where the talent was there but the coaching wasn't the best. I believe the first thing to improve will be the defense and then the Special Teams. It will take the offense a year or two to find its legs. My predictions - 5-11 record in 2012; 9-7 in 2013 and 11-5 in 2014 when we make the playoffs and at least make it to the divisional championship game.

The people on these forums will say it takes a minimum of three years to know.

Then, when we have a losing season (if Luck's the QB - which would be an assured losing season), they will want him fired, they will say Irsay needs to stop tweeting, and we have to start over from the ground up.

If we have a .500 or better, they'll give him one more season.

If Manning returns, it won't matter what Pagano does, because we will win at least 10 games. So long as the defense seems to have marginally improved, the masses will accept him. If he screams, they will love him even more.

Pagano seems like a highly qualified coach....

..and I know Grigson and Irsay want to succeed...

...but how long does he have. ???

You all know how we are.

If we go 6-10 is it acceptable in the spirit of rebuilding..

If we go 6-10 2 years in a row.......does Irsay take another plane trip to Florda..

Caldwell got one losing season...and he got ashcanned...

How many does Pagono get?

1 year. Sorry, but they just gutted the whole orgnization that brought them about 11 great seasons. So if they didnt trust them to be able to rebuild it again that must mean we have everything in place to be good again. I guess all we needed was a new coaching staff to win again, right?

Seriously though, If Peyton comes back we shouldnt have a bad season. If a rookie QB come in then yes, we are going to have a losing record. If we have back to back losing season, then the coach goes and the Colts are in for some hard times for a while. IMO

1 year. Sorry, but they just gutted the whole orgnization that brought them about 11 great seasons. So if they didnt trust them to be able to rebuild it again that must mean we have everything in place to be good again. I guess all we needed was a new coaching staff to win again, right?

Seriously though, If Peyton comes back we shouldnt have a bad season. If a rookie QB come in then yes, we are going to have a losing record. If we have back to back losing season, then the coach goes and the Colts are in for some hard times for a while. IMO

Hmmmm, it would be my guess that the staff wasnt gutted for one losing season after 11 good years, but that is was gutted for one losing season accompanied by a style, approach, and drafting path that became exposed with the injury to PM and has been the owners concern for some time, which he was willing to run with as long as they were winning.

Again, just my guess, but certainly more plausible than 2-14 gets everyone canned.

This is a good topic, because there are so many factors involved. I wonder what he already knows that we do not about the near future. They (canidates for HC) had to have discussed the Manning/Luck debacle in their interviews with Irsay. The two scenerio's for how long he has is 1. with peyton and 2. without

1. with Peyton, he won't be held responsible for the Offense obviously, so as long as his Defense is strong then he'll be safe. So less on wins/losses and more on Defense performance

2. Without Manning, I can see us being pretty bad for 3 years (yes with luck). You are talking about a complete re-building scenerio with No quick answers to get better. What high caliber FA is going to want to play in Indy? But I bet in year 4 (with luck) we could have a really good young team. I can see him having 4 years with Luck.