Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers win 7th straight! I knew tonight would be tough, playing against Westbrook is never easy. Pacers look like they are becoming a more cohesive unit, the chemistry over the last 2 weeks has been really good. Pacers depth was the difference tonight.

Rodney Stuckey played well considering he's been out for awhile. Will help the bench greatly.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Happy for Lance. The Wolves are a team that has shockingly underachieved. I thought they had a good shot at being .500 this season with Wiggins, Towns, and Thibbs taking over as HeadCoach. Their 19-33 is really puzzling.

I thought they would be better too. They are still a pretty young team though, maybe next year they put it together.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Happy for Lance. The Wolves are a team that has shockingly underachieved. I thought they had a good shot at being .500 this season with Wiggins, Towns, and Thibbs taking over as HeadCoach. Their 19-33 is really puzzling.

Give them another year or two and they'll make the playoffs.  There still awful young.  Wiggins and Towns are only 21.  Next year they should start Dunn LaVine Wiggins Towns and draft a franchise center then bulk up their bench.  They should also trade away Rubio before the deadline.  They'd have a young starting 5 and would be pretty decent at all 5 positions. Thibbs will teach them defense too. 

16 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Why in the WORLD would the Wizards give up John Wall for ANYONE. He's been playing like a top 5 player over the last couple of weeks.

We need to stop with the trade talk. Nothing is going to happen this season to carry us over the Cavs. We have nothing to trade. The only thing we can hope for is finding a gem with whatever draft pick we get imo.

Wall and the Wizards had a lot of trouble before their recent little run.  Right now, there's no chance they trade him.  But if we had somehow managed to swing a trade for him before, when they had locker room issues and whatnot.  PG has shown the ability to take his game to the next level when the playoffs come.

20 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Wall and the Wizards had a lot of trouble before their recent little run.  Right now, there's no chance they trade him.  But if we had somehow managed to swing a trade for him before, when they had locker room issues and whatnot.  PG has shown the ability to take his game to the next level when the playoffs come.

I can see why people would think that. But I think they just got off to a bad start like the Pacers did. John Wall wasn't healthy to start the season and needed to get back into shape. Just like PG is just getting over his ankle injury from earlier this year.

Saying we could have pulled off trading Wall is like another team saying they could have pulled off a trade for PG when he had his struggles and everyone knew PG wasn't going anywhere.

54 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I can see why people would think that. But I think they just got off to a bad start like the Pacers did. John Wall wasn't healthy to start the season and needed to get back into shape. Just like PG is just getting over his ankle injury from earlier this year.

Saying we could have pulled off trading Wall is like another team saying they could have pulled off a trade for PG when he had his struggles and everyone knew PG wasn't going anywhere.

I thought a trade would have been semi-likely.  Wall didn't seem happy with Beal and it seemed like there were a lot of problems in the locker room

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'd rather get rid of Ellis as Jefferson does put in work in the post while in the game. He is a huge liability on defense though.

Would be stupid to trade Jefferson as hes our best bench player. We better get something good in return if we did do this.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

This doesnt make sense...He gets us 10 points and 5-6 rebounds a night and he doesnt mind coming off the bench..

Larry wanted him and Myles Turner goes against him in practice.

Sounds like somebody made some thing up here

The stat used here to suggest the Pacers have a weak bench is contradicted by the play \.

Bench has been a strength.

This story also describes what the Pacers would want as a CJ Miles-type defender and shooter?

CJ isn't a good defensive player.

again.,,this story makes little sense from a Pacers' standpoint

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The stat used here to suggest the Pacers have a weak bench is contradicted by the play \.

Bench has been a strength.

This story also describes what the Pacers would want as a CJ Miles-type defender and shooter?

CJ isn't a good defensive player.

again.,,this story makes little sense from a Pacers' standpoint

If you think the bench has been a strength you have not been watching the games. The Thunder game was the first time I actually saw them hold a lead but most of the time they give up the lead that the starters get. To be fair though, this is without Rodney Stuckey.

I wouldn't get rid of Al but there is a reason he plays so few minutes. He is a liability against most bigs in this league now.

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

If you think the bench has been a strength you have not been watching the games. The Thunder game was the first time I actually saw them hold a lead but most of the time they give up the lead that the starters get. To be fair though, this is without Rodney Stuckey.

Clearly you haven't been watching the last 2 weeks

Al Jefferson has been very, very consistent in the last month...scoring almost a point a minute.

Stuckey is good whenever he plays. Did you miss LaVoy Allen score 18 last week

Glenn got 14 vs OKC....

Monta is moving the ball and hustling.

Don't hang on the whole season...we've won 7 in a row..and the bench is a major reason..

We need a shooter.....but to say you have not seen our bench play well suggests a recent vacation from facts

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Clearly you haven't been watching the last 2 weeks

Al Jefferson has been very, very consistent in the last month...scoring almost a point a minute.

Stuckey is good whenever he plays. Did you miss LaVoy Allen score 18 last week

Glenn got 14 vs OKC....

Monta is moving the ball and hustling.

Don't hang on the whole season...we've won 7 in a row..and the bench is a major reason..

We need a shooter.....but to say you have not seen our bench play well suggests a recent vacation from facts

I have been watching the last two weeks. Jefferson is good on offense not defense. Stuckey barely played. LaVoy scored 18 in the starting lineup and GR3 and Ellis only had 2 good games in this 7 game winning streak.

Against the Kings, Nets, and Timberwolves the bench gave up leads but the bench did also bring us back against the Kings. They have that negative rating for a reason. It's gotten better but the lack of shooting, guard size, and defense are problems.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't really care either way what LeBron does, but I do think its a lame thing to do. But when you're the best basketball player and super rich, you can do whatever the hell you want I guess.

I somewhat agree, but many people rest during the season. Popavich is way more aggravating. Benching a young guy like Kawhi in a nationally televised game Monday.

35 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Interesting, I didn't know that!  The Pacers are hot right now.  The Cavs have been shaky.  Are the Pacers at home?  If so I think they have a good chance to win. 

Yes, we get em at home tonight. We tend to do pretty well at home against them, hopefully we do tonight as well.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad LeBron is playing, so if we win it will be legit. He usually sits out against us, I thought there for a minute he was afraid of playing against Paul George as many games that he has missed vs us haha 

Nope, won't be legit because Shumpert and Smith are out haha.  Should be a good game.

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I have been watching the last two weeks. Jefferson is good on offense not defense. Stuckey barely played. LaVoy scored 18 in the starting lineup and GR3 and Ellis only had 2 good games in this 7 game winning streak.

Against the Kings, Nets, and Timberwolves the bench gave up leads but the bench did also bring us back against the Kings. They have that negative rating for a reason. It's gotten better but the lack of shooting, guard size, and defense are problems.

Forget the rating..watch us play....Stuckey is more than barely playng.

'Only 2 good games"......

Please watch.....we've won 7 in a row..with bench contributiions....why cut us down?